ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• a_patishi
    Original poster 7 posts

Hi,
    I also read a long reddit post about this issue. After playing for more than 20 hours on the west island (don't remember their names) I got to the middle island (level 6) and after a few hours of play I got into the map, it became black and suddenly my system froze and after 8 seconds it rebooted. no BSOD, just rebooting out of nowhere.
    My system is not overclocked, everything is running stock (CPU,GPU,RAM..etc) it is 110% stable at all applications.

Can you please confirm that this is a known issue? Are you guys at Ubisoft working to get it fixed? This is a serious issue.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• WID992007
    159 posts

@a_patishi if your PC is rebooting look at your PSU FIRST

it may be failing to deliver the proper voltage for your system or it could be something in your PC is overheating >?

is your PC a laptop or a desktop >? what PSU do you have what CPU GPU and motherboard ?

only time i ever had crashes in a far cry game was with FC 4 back when my PSU was 7 yrs old and yes replacing the PSU provided proper voltage to my vid card and the crashing went away ..POWER SUPPIES do not last forever and yes cheap ones SUCK

never cheap out on your PSU .. and if Windows reboots on you from running FAR CRY 6 .. sorry yes its some instability in your PC .. i'm guessing power supply so check that FIRST

next verify game files

next do a clean install of ALL DRIVERS

if its still failing look at your memory and PSU as it could be a bad DIMM .. or i think most likely a power issue

also if the game made windows crash you should have crash logs you can look up in windows to try to trace what crashed

• a_patishi
    Original poster 7 posts

@wid992007
    Hi,
    I have a high end PSU (Antec HCG Extreme 1000W), 10900k cpu, Gigabyte z490 Aorus Master motherboard.. everything is one year old and in tip top shape.
    Like I said, I don't overclock so everything is running stock including the memory (XMP). I have tested the system with OCCT and Memtest64 and everything is super stable!
    It never happened to me in any game or application. This is definitely a problem with FC6. Please read this thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/farcry/comments/q375hp/far_cry_6_causing_pc_to_restart/

I am not the only one. And this game barely uses 70%-80% of the GPU so it always stays <280w power consumption and I had games that used 340+w ! so no..this is not a PSU issue I can assure you.
    FC6 is unoptimized and it doesn't use half of what the CPU has to offer and like I said, the GPU is around the 70% usage. I play at 1080p with everything maxed out and RTX3080 and gets only around 80-100 fps on avarage. This is very bad optimization.

• WID992007
    159 posts

@a_patishi lol i get that on my system .. sounds like yes you have some bad driver some where

look at the benchmarks for FC 6 at other hardware sites
    https://www.techspot.com/article/2339-far-cry-6-benchmarks/: (https://techspot.com/article/2339-far-cry-6-benchmarks)

https://www.guru3d.com/articles_pages/far_cry_6_pc_graphics_performance_benchmark_review,4.html: (https://guru3d.com/articles_pages/far_cry_6_pc_graphics_performance_benchmark_review,4.html)

but rebooting your whole PC yes is usually PSU issue or a driver issue

• SnakeFist420
    69 posts

Yes i have to concur here. Sounds like a PSU issue. Just because it's a year old don't mean nothing. PSU's can go bad anytime at all and you are seeing it for the first time. It could also be a driver issue. Reinstall all drivers use DDU in safe mode to remove your display drivers before installing them again.

• Butcherbird59
    132 posts

I would check load temperatures first (CPU/GPU) - if too hot system shuts down as well

• tcarlisle2012
    192 posts

If it were me, I'd perform stress and stability tests to really put the hardware through loads and ensure it is stable. Running Windows and playing games is not enough -- when a high performance compute system is built, whether for gaming or development or 3d work, or scientific, etc. it should be pushed to its highest workloads and proven stable at those loads. But unfortunately, what usually happens after the build is Windows is loaded and I played a game or two, so it must be good.

I like to stress GPU and CPU concurrently and then CPU and memory using Prime95. Furmark and cpu-z at the same time, with Prime95 in stress test blend mode, and setting the amount of memory to about 80 percent of the amount of physical RAM. Because the OS also needs memory and if OS + applications want more than 100% memory the OS will start swapping virtual memory -- and this is not what you want.

I would be willing to bet that if the OP stability tests, it will uncover stability issues at loads.

But, if I lose that bet, then it is probably drivers or middleware. RGB lighting systems are often the culprit. Headsets and/or audio systems that do a lot of post processing of audio, etc.

And I lost count the number of times that weird issues get solved by using DDU in safe mode to remove GPU drivers, then reboot and load the newest.

Of course, this being a rig built on latest gen CPU and GPU, that also comes into play. Unfortunately, running the latest does tend to cause one to hit issues.

Suggested Topics