ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• xlastovi
    Original poster 117 posts

Hello,

I have tried the weapon at shooting range and damage numbers are rubbish. Inventory says damage 1.3M. Best I got on the shooting range was 100-150 k. I always tried to aim at the center of a target. But some shot at 5 meter range supposedly did pitiful 29 k damage??
    The weapon has a sharp dropoff. So I wanted to see whether I shoud keep that optimal range stat or not.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• the_Kettle
    218 posts

The 1.3M damage stat is based off all the pellets hitting, and obviously a sawn-off shotgun has a huge spread, so even if there was less damage drop-off, it wouldn't really help that much. That weapon is best used at point blank range (or with headhunter stacks, but that's a different story).
    One other note, that 'Damage last hit' value the firing range gives you can be misleading, if the hit in question 'kills' the target, it'll show the damage as only the HP the target had left, regardless of how much more damage the shot actually did. You can get around this by using the 'invulnerable' or 'invulnerable elite' veterancy settings to see the true damage.

• xlastovi

@the_kettle Thanks for your tip. It is not a problem with the weapon, but that firing range is bugged. I set the mode to "invulnerable" and "last hit" still displayed nonsense.

And the weapon spread is not huge, at 5 meters all pellets hit my target. Maybe even at 10 meters.

I can see partial real damage in floating dmg numbers - I cannot see total damage. They are four floating numbers after one hit. But I doubt that the shotgun has only 4 pellets. If one pellet does 170k, there should be about 8 pellets for that 1.3M damage.

• the_Kettle
    218 posts

@xlastovi
    Tested it myself and I see 8 numbers when using a 5m target, but yeah: the 'damage last hit' is only one of the pellets. If you reset the DPS calculation before firing it will show the full damage for a second before it starts going down. Another way to see the total damage would be to turn on damage numbers in the chat box: open the chat, click the right arrow by the channel-channel bar, open the 'Combat Info' submenu and select Damage Numbers, and it will then list the damage of each pellet that hits.

• xlastovi

@the_kettle Thank you for advice how to see damage numbers in chat window 👍 I can see all eight pellets there 🙂

• Imagine_Brata
    419 posts

But it's a fun challenge to takeover CP4 with only Backup Boomstick

Suggested Topics