ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• xlastovi
    Original poster 117 posts

Hello,

this game's mechanics is obscure and very complicated. I have tried to search the net, but best results I got were two years old. And of course I assume they are no longer valid (after many game updates)...

Actual example - I have a two barrel shotgun in my sidearm slot. Its weapon talent is the Optimist. In theory, the second shot should do 15 % more damage. But in reality, the 2nd shot does only 7 % more damage, not 15.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• As1r0nimo
    343 posts

Your final damage consist of:

(((Base weapon damage + All Weapon damage you have) * Total weapon damage) * (Crititcal damage+ headshot damage, if happens)) * Amplify damage (multiplicative between each other).

So. Assuming you have lvl 40 Sawed-off. 620k damage. For example, you have 100% Weapon damage from everything. So, it's 1240k damage. Assuming, no talents or sources like Total weapon damage/Amplify and no crits/HS. Optimist gives you WEAPON DAMAGE.
    So, thx to formula, after you shoot 1 round, you have a bonus of 15% of WEAPON damage. So, it's 115% instead of 100%. Final damage will be 1333k. Yeah, that's it. You get only 7% boost from the talent.

Most of the weapon talents gives you WEAPON DAMAGE, which is additive to your base weapon damage (core atributes on gear, spec talents). Unless it says AMPLIFY or TOTAL WEAPON DAMAGE.

For example, Ranger AMPLIFIES your damage. Good rule to know, if something has a conition to work based on the enemy - it will be an amplifier. Sadist, Ignited, Ranger, etc.

UPD: the game has rounding up to integers. So 1% plus or minus.

UPD2: Weapon damage is additive to Weapon damage only (including base damage). Total weapon damage is a *1.X and additive between themselves. Crits and Headshots are *1.X, but they are additive between each other. Amplify is unique, it's a simple *1.X each time, so having 2 aplifiers it will be A * 1.X * 1.Y
    Examples of WEAPON damage: Memento backpack bonuses, core stats, most of gun's talents, like Optimist or Pummel.
    Examples of TOTAL WEAPON DAMAGE: Vigilance talent, Concussion talent, Wicked talent.
    Examples of Amplifier: Spotter, Glass Cannon, Striker gear set's bonus, Ranger talent, Sadist talent, Lady Death's talent, Striker shield's aura, Damage to armor/health/out of cover.

• xlastovi
    Original poster 117 posts

@as1r0nimo Thank you very much 👍 It will take time for me to process and test it.

So according to formula it seems stacking weapon damage has diminishing results and is not the way to go. I will need to get some new gear and recalibrate different stats.

• As1r0nimo
    343 posts

@xlastovi Well, it depends.
    For example, if you have a lot of crit damage, it's OK to stack Weapon damage. It will be multiplied anyway.
    On the other end, stacking Weapon damage on something like Shotguns, with low crit damage by default - meh.

Suggested Topics