ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 798 posts

Why do some assault variants only come with 3 round burst and full auto triggers? This is not only unrealistic (no real-world Assault Rifles have ever been built this way) but it makes these guns mostly useless. Why don't they have interchangeable triggers?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• carlosart1989
    153 posts

@virtual-chris, I also noticed that. We need to have single fire/full automatic and single fire/3 round burst trigger/fire options in all the carbines and in all the assault rifles and in all the sub machine guns and also in all the light machine guns in Ghost Recon Breakpoint, Ghost Recon Wildlands, Ghost Recon Narco Road and Ghost Recon Fallen Ghosts.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1112 posts
    Why do some assault variants only come with 3 round burst and full auto triggers? This is not only unrealistic (no real-world Assault Rifles have ever been built this way) but it makes these guns mostly useless. Why don't they have interchangeable triggers?

Chris, sometimes I really feel like asking you if you are new to this game 😊 but then I stop because I know exactly where you are coming from and then difference is that I can't be bothered anymore to ask questions after questions and they go unanswered.

Let me rephrase, most of the Non-MTX questions will go un-answered is what I am trying to say I guess. 😁

• Virtual-Chris

@fcac-no-moe … I know. It was more of a rhetorical question I guess. Why bother though.

I have to think they felt these higher damage variants needed multiple reasons NOT to use them… more recoil, useless trigger group. Then why bother? Leave these crap variants out. Let us build our own variants in gunsmith, including hand loaded ammo with higher power if we want. Just give us the tools and stay out if it!

• Lolt6
    86 posts

I'd imagine if you want selective fire trigger options. (That would requires separate version on same weapon which Ubi likes).

• Keltimus
    24 posts

This is one of the many things that bother me with this game. It's not just the variants, its all of the ASRs and SMGs. For instance, the G36 should have a single, a two round burst, and full auto. The majority of the weapons should have a default 3 modes of fire.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1112 posts
    @fcac-no-moe … I know. It was more of a rhetorical question I guess. Why bother though.

I have to think they felt these higher damage variants needed multiple reasons NOT to use them… more recoil, useless trigger group. Then why bother? Leave these crap variants out. Let us build our own variants in gunsmith, including hand loaded ammo with higher power if we want. Just give us the tools and stay out if it!

Well, therein lies the problem for me, they waste all this time, time that most here praise for the hard work they have done and the reality is that if you really really count what they have done you will see that at best, the shady work is less than mediocre at best. Yes, lots of content but not really for what the game is an calls for.

I'll say it again, one can spend 2000 hours walking the map and you'll get to walk only 50% of it but all you did in that half of map was barely a few mediocre missions and side missions and the rest was spent looting and/or exploring it which, YES, most people like to do and they are ok with doing that BUT, that is NOT was the game should be about. Argue all of it but in the end, we could all agree I am right with the exception of those who won't because their agendas say otherwise (this is where the fun is really at for them).

I could be wrong but this type of looting and exploring can or could attract more people to spend money (perhaps it doesn't because of how crappy it is but that's another whole different reason) than if you were to make the time to code decent weapons, ergos and gunsmith for a good gameplay.

I would love nothing more than having a handful of weapons to choose from but make them good, make them decent, make them do what the counterpart in real life does... sound, ballistic, penetration, distance, impact, etc, etc, etc. More (Quantity) is NOT better than less (Quality) but then again, most people will not ask for quality but quantity so there it is, even the community is broken in that aspect

• Virtual-Chris

@keltimus … Right… why limit guns two just two select fire options?

ps. Check your PMs on the old forum. I have a Q for you.

• Hugo-FOU
    174 posts
    @virtual-chris Why do some assault variants only come with 3 round burst and full auto triggers? This is not only unrealistic (no real-world Assault Rifles have ever been built this way) but it makes these guns mostly useless. Why don't they have interchangeable triggers?

As improved as the gunsmith is, I still sometimes find it a frustrating experience.

Take the M4A1 tactical. I love the idea of it, and it takes a CQBSS sight, but I wish I could change the style of suppressor. Or the 416 assault variant. Good looking weapon that packs a punch, but no top rail and no MAWL laser.

And then there are still weapons tied to the raid. Like the Koblin. A 516 but with decent damage. Yet one would still have to endure the raid just for the chance to get it. Despite how unpopular the raid has proved to be, still only some of the items from it have been made available.

Credit where credit is due. Ubisoft have really turned BP around, IMO, but there are still plenty of frustrating elements.

• Virtual-Chris

@hugo-fou

They should have just let us configure the guns muzzle to butt, soup to nuts. Instead, they came up with these inflexible variants that are of no real use. I’m sure it’s so they had more “things” to use as rewards, but after they killed the battle pass in like the first month, the whole point of all these rigid variants were moot. It’s frustrating. The stupid thing is, changing the trigger on any gun does not require any 3D modelling work at all… it’s a simple parameter in code to determine what fire modes it has. They just cannot be bothered.

• Steven527
    369 posts

@virtual-chris I've been trying out the M4A1 assault (okay I confess, I saw something for extradition 2 with Chris Hemsworth and am trying to get the look of Tyler Rake's weapon) andthe one positive thing I can say is these helmet dudes aren't as much a problem. They go down along with heavies pretty darn quick.

• Church367A
    146 posts

This right here sums everything up nicely in what I would like in the future. Ubi needs to stop with the ridiculous limitations and game balancing decisions. The constant suppressor doing less damage gimmick and lower mag capacities as well as the garbage modes of fire and attachment restrictions need to be removed from Ghost Recon.

• Virtual-Chris

@church367a ... Amen!

Ubisoft, just swear an oath to authenticity... please!

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1112 posts
    @church367a ... Amen!

Ubisoft, just swear an oath to authenticity... please!

I thought they already did that and there is at least 1 video to prove it? Well, then again if you believe 1 word the whole company says in any of their videos, there's a few investing opportunities I would love to talk to you guys about 😊

• AvengerGR35
    61 posts

@virtual-chris

They should have just let us configure the guns muzzle to butt, soup to nuts. Instead, they came up with these inflexible variants that are of no real use. I’m sure it’s so they had more “things” to use as rewards, but after they killed the battle pass in like the first month, the whole point of all these rigid variants were moot. It’s frustrating. The stupid thing is, changing the trigger on any gun does not require any 3D modelling work at all… it’s a simple parameter in code to determine what fire modes it has. They just cannot be bothered.

I agree. I would have preferred if they had a gunsmith similar to the one in MOH Warfighter where you could heavily customize your gun the way you preferred instead of having different types of variants. Let us create our own custom variant like in Warfighter instead of having 4 different types of variants of the same weapon.

undefined

Heck, apart from the butt stock they even let you change to a custom grip along with the stock.

• Red2smok
    38 posts

@avengergr35

Imagine man hrs $$
    used to create all that Sith Lord gear, let’s include behemoth
    slippers n kilt

• Keltimus
    24 posts

@virtual-chris My apologies Chris. Just now seeing this due to holiday business and other personal matters regarding military retirement. To answer your Q you sent, I won't be able to partake unfortunately. Thanks for the offer though!

Suggested Topics