ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Chiesa5o
    Original poster 4 posts

hi,

in an effort to make the game less stupidly easy I was hoping I could remove the outlines which are presented when I have tagged an enemy? is this possible?

why is there only one difficulty? story or normal, it is just way too easy. I am an absolute bullet sponge, I don't even have to try and duck for cover because nobody can kill me. Even at point blank range I was shot with a shotgun while I reloaded then shot them in the head, I should have been killed.

The enemies aren't nearly as aggressive enough and the damage is minimal even when I'm being shot by a tank or helicopter!! why?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• DV20Katana
    164 posts

@chiesa5o
    Wallhack, "tagging", "alert clouds", "explosion warning" , outlines - these are the curse of Ubi shooter games. They make a nice game and then ruin it by taking away all challenge.

If this was well designed then it would let us have a one-button menu option that would turn of EVERYTHING. I hate all these HUD super powers.

I think the problem that you describe is a bug. Specially if we ensure that HUD options are swtiched off (enemy taging etc.)

• Teamsleep.
    7 posts

@chiesa5o
    I haven’t changed difficulties since I started playing; but when I started, I played on the “harder” difficulty and they were killing me super quickly.

i just switched it back to that harder difficulty and you’re not nearly as bullet spungy on Action Difficulty

• tcarlisle2012
    183 posts

The enemy tagging is a core mechanic in Far Cry games. This is not a new thing. There are gear pieces and animal companions that will result in tagging the enemies, and that outline red. If this does not suit your desired play style, you should make sure you aren't using an animal companion (like boomer/boom-boom) because that is specifically what that animal does.

Though I don't disagree that there should be a setting to opt out of this functionality, I am sure that as soon as they do that people will opt out and then complain the game is too hard. Because the game is balanced with this mechanic at play.

Suggested Topics