Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• xrayspex_73
    Original poster 155 posts

My harpoon's rope is completely invisible. I know that it is an issue with hiding torso armor but I am not hiding any armor. No matter what I do, the rope is invisible. How to get it back... the ability looks ridiculous with the rope missing.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• azullFR
    1735 posts

@xrayspex_73

Hello there,

a quick resume :
    Harpon ability level 1 = no problem
    Harpon ability level 2 = invisible

not sure if Ubi will do something with this "invisible level 2 Harpoon"...

• lemmie88
    274 posts

Agree it looks absolutely ridiculous. The harpoon ability has been bugged in some way since 1.1.2, for 8+ months. Don't see it on the issue lists. 😞

not sure if Ubi will do something with this "invisible level 2 Harpoon"...

I have resigned myself to the fact that my harpoon has ascended to Valhalla after spilling the blood of countless enemies, never to be seen in this world again. RIP

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1003 posts

Hello there @azullFR @lemmie88 @xrayspex_73

Sorry to hear you've been affected by the invisible harpoon issue, we appreciate the reports. This is an issue the team are aware of! Would you please be able to help us with our report by letting us know the following:

. Do you have the latest update installed?
    . When did this issue start to occur?
    . Does this happen every time you use the harpoon ability or is it random?
    . Have you tried removing then re-adding the ability?
    . Have you tried changing armour/weapons to see if this has any affect?
    . What level is your harpoon impalement ability?

Thank you!

Official Response
  • azullFR
    1735 posts

@ubi-nacho

Do you have the latest update installed?
    • yes, always (on PS4 : game not updated = no Ubiconnect = no opals + no extra gear + no daily quest + no weekly quest + no weekly challenges + no etc.)

When did this issue start to occur?
    • I don't know when it started : I don't give more attention to this unless it recurrent...
    • I noticed it some time ago... but, as it was was already bugged previously with hidden torso : I won't be able to tell you what mounth I noticed it unless I spend a bunch of time searching in my notes if by any chance I mentionned this specific issue somewhere....

Does this happen every time you use the harpoon ability or is it random?

every time

Have you tried removing then re-adding the ability?
    • Yes

Have you tried changing armour/weapons to see if this has any affect?
    • Yes

What level is your harpoon impalement ability?
    • I have 2 accounts and 2 differents levels on the same single PS4 pro :
    • a2ullFR = Harpoon abitlity : level 1 = No Problem
    • azullFR = Harpoon abitlity : level 2 = Invisible

PS4 pro and Valhalla (on internal SSD) = up-to-date

the 2 accounts have their own manual saves in the Ubi cloud : the game team can do the tests with them 🙂

• xrayspex_73
    Original poster 155 posts

Still broken after 1.4.1 patch.

Suggested Topics