ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Koschgine
    Original poster 21 posts

I was a bit disappointed about the missions, for some reason i expected more. Something like keeping the taxi fares pleased by driving carefully and by the traffic laws, not destroying the deliveries and so on. Now they are just driving from point a to point b without any challenge.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• virtualaughing
    10 posts

@koschgine
    Yeah I feel almost the same. However I like the challenge of beating time and knowledge of the map. I love to jump all over the place.
    Safe Drive for bonus. Low stress level of passengers should be rewarded indeed.
    You may try to use Fame Magnet setup. It seems to me that is actually matter.
    To Ubisoft. This taxi missions is simple the best thing happened with the game so far.

• OBu42
    247 posts

I agree with the first post: This update is just half-baked and immature. Even in TC1, the delivery missions were more elaborated and more fun.

Some things which support my statement:

1. The "head quarters" serve no purpose - why?
    2. How does this fit to "the story" of TC2? It neither fits to the fame/follower/legal streetracing story (which I do not consider a story) nor the "motorflix television" story (or it is a very boring TV series).
    3. The pickup locations or minimap icons do not give any hint about the duration of the mission
    4. The payout in terms of follower/money/loot is much worse than PvE missions
    5. The time limit is no challenge at all
    6. The quality of driving is not reflected in the final evaluation of your mission
    7. Why do I have to press a button to end the mission?
    8. Since the update, it takes a very long time for the mini-map to show icons/world points

All-in-all, it seems like there was much more time invested in generating the trailer and social media announcements than in creating a proper new game mode. For me, this is the worst update so far. I would have rather appreciated a general QoL overhaul of the game.

• virtualaughing
    10 posts

@obu42
    I can answer one thing. When a RL Taxi reaches the destination they not throw you out instantly. 😄
    Delivery missions needs duration.
    The counter of gaining followers is invisible which is bad.
    The time limit is good as it is IMO. If you faster then you may get your next one sooner.
    You can stuck in an area pretty easy and do back n forward in a loop.

When you pick your stuff there is no destination info.

• Anykeyer
    204 posts

It can be a groundwork for similar features. Just like hobbies is motorpass season 0.
    Now there is a whole network of checkpoins all over the map (countryside portion will be enabled in E2). Then if you remove RNG and instead make a UI to let players pick those...

@obu42

How does this fit to "the story" of TC2? It neither fits to the fame/follower/legal streetracing story (which I do not consider a story) nor the "motorflix television" story (or it is a very boring TV series).

Its easy. With covid being a thing all major events are canceled. Our hero emptied their bank account on expensive hypercars and motorpasses and was forced to take odd jobs to make a living. Now they work in food delivery service, mostly pizza but sometimes tofu.

• OBu42
    247 posts

@anykeyer

yes, and to fit to this story, the limo has to carry the people to a "secret covid-19 party"... The designers did not really think when they created that sign...

• MissCoolCat
    20 posts

As asked on another forum I have seen, what's the point of these contracts. No matter how many you do there is no progress shown anywhere. Totally pointless.

• CHTO3aHAX
    22 posts

IVT had to be done: So that the player gets 1CC for one taxi ride! Then there would be a lot of taxi drivers around the clock! 👋

• Okami_Daikei
    10 posts

I see that IVT takes strong inspiration from GTA and it's side gigs.
    We had the Vigilante missions witch were those "Vault Guard - police-alike" jobs.
    There are ridicioulous jumps all over the place.
    We have Taxi-driver missions now.
    Maybe next update will give us fireman missions?

• Martelinho40K
    112 posts

I start to questioning myself if they REALLY consider this a "game mode"... The Ubisoft Ivory Tower do really have a lead creative director? Because, if they have, my man, what a "creative ideas" for this "soullessness" game. Thank God i did purchase the first one after they ended the support, that game is really good and beautiful.

Suggested Topics