ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• darksavior1977
    Original poster 9 posts

I hope they continue to add content to Breakpoint post Motherland, that piggy backs off what Motherland brought to the game. I like the new armored enemy types alot, and feel like the game mechanically feels really solid to play. However this all comes pretty late in the lifecycle and I feel it would be a shame for the content and support to dry up for Breakpoint now that it finally feels pretty damn good to play with the mechanical and option changes, teammates, etc that have been added. Its like we finally got the game we wanted, but so late that the lights are about to be shut off on it. I hope that isn't the case. Thoughts?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1229 posts

I hope they decide to call it quits instead of bringing more mediocre content with huge potential that we will never see unfortunately.

• Hugo-FOU
    174 posts

I actually do hope they keep supporting it as well. Quite often we mistakenly believe there is an ‘either, or’ situation.

Either they continue to support BP

Or they make a new game!

The truth is, they can probable do both. So better they take their time developing a new game, so they can release it in a fit state and whilst doing so, continue to support BP, taking the lessons they learn from it and applying them to the new game as well.

Perhaps then, rather than having a half finished mediocre game that takes two years to become good, we’ll get a game that’s good on release and just gets better.

• ArgimonEd
    176 posts

@hugo-fou Yes Hugo, I think doing like this would be for the best

• darksavior1977
    Original poster 9 posts

@hugo-fou I hope that is the case too!

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1229 posts
    I actually do hope they keep supporting it as well. Quite often we mistakenly believe there is an ‘either, or’ situation.

Either they continue to support BP

Or they make a new game!

The truth is, they can probable do both. So better they take their time developing a new game, so they can release it in a fit state and whilst doing so, continue to support BP, taking the lessons they learn from it and applying them to the new game as well.

Perhaps then, rather than having a half finished mediocre game that takes two years to become good, we’ll get a game that’s good on release and just gets better.

HUgo, let me play Devil's Advocate here just because I know you understand.

Say they continue to support BP, if you call support coming up with this DLC then perhaps I am playing D/A in the wrong forum LOL. 7 months? Most people here are already in the 4th playthrough of this Humongous DLC, what are you going to do in the next 6 months? Have they fixed any of the glaring issues like needing to turn around completely to walk back 1 to 2 steps, etc, etc, etc.?

If they make a new game? what does one has to do with the other? they can quit the lazy and mediocre effort thrown to BP and perhaps use that money and man power to do what you guys are wet dreaming they will do with the next one? OK, so I am there as well but out of the area where I can get some of that dew 🙂 from all the chubbys being pumped at the dream that a new game is coming and it will be the proper GR when clearly they have not learn much of the whyt BP imploded and WL was liked .

Do they really have proven that they can do both? No! that is a fact however you slice it or dice it. I do believe that I am not imaging this but they can very well go back and support WL that it 100 times more likeable. Taking what lesson exactly? again, were you not present at what they did between the feedback of WL and the launch of BP? and then the barely taken of GS and calling it immersive experience? is that the lesson here?

10 years can pass by and I can assure you that if the Paris Studio or any other studio for that matter is in charge of making a game that must bring them money, we will never see a proper GR experience because do not want to waste time coming up with a decent gunplay mechanic, they rather be mediocre copy cats than innovate like they once did.

• AI.BLUEFOX
    198 posts

@fcac-no-moe you can self-help with making them call it quits.

Simply don't play the game or future updates anymore and it will achieve the same effect. Voilà, job done, your wish granted, and you won't even have to keep up your seemingly endless tirade against the Dev team.

Personally I want them to carry on supporting, adding content and improving aspects of the game even with the out of date engine as-is. It is the best way to move towards a better game when it does come.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1229 posts

@ai-bluefox Boo Hoo, I want to keep getting mediocre to low level bar missions no matter what, at least it gives me a false sense of belonging and I keep my friendship with the same guys who have ruined the franchise.

I posted my opinion and how I feel about the game and the Company who makes the game and here you come trolling me but if I retort I am the bad guy? You could have posted your opinion and leave it at that but OH NO, why would you let an opportunity to shine amongst your peers and friends at the studio pass you by. And now, all your fans will come to chime in as well. We may agree on some things but not on this one and I am more than ok if we don't.

Again, I care zero to the left of your opinion of me or how I feel about the Company and the studio. You can always block me or ignore me if you want, no skin of my butt either way. And the same goes for your posse. 🙄

• ArgimonEd
    176 posts

@fcac-no-moe don't think he's trolling you.
    You came to a topic where majority of people are saying that they expect the devs to continue with the updates because they feel the game is finally in a playable state and would be a shame to see it cutoff now and you go and throw your 2 cents saying that these people shouldn't get what they want because you don't like the game or the company.
    So he gave you a fair solution
    Ps: this is me playing devil's advocate

• Megalodon-26
    291 posts

@fcac-no-moe he's merely saying the truth. If someone, such as yourself, doesn't like the game or the content being added, they can simply choose not to play. Blue, or a Ubi staffer is not going to stand behind you with a gun to your head, telling you to play Breakpoint's DLC. So you get what you want, which is to apparently forget about this game, and those that want more content will hopefully keep getting it, until the next game is ready to launch. And you are far too intelligent to have the misguided belief that continued support for Breakpoint, has any bearing on how fast development of a future title progresses.

• Hugo-FOU
    174 posts
    @fcac-no-moe

HUgo, let me play Devil's Advocate here just because I know you understand.

Say they continue to support BP, if you call support coming up with this DLC then perhaps I am playing D/A in the wrong forum LOL. 7 months? Most people here are already in the 4th playthrough of this Humongous DLC, what are you going to do in the next 6 months? Have they fixed any of the glaring issues like needing to turn around completely to walk back 1 to 2 steps, etc, etc, etc.?

If they make a new game? what does one has to do with the other? they can quit the lazy and mediocre effort thrown to BP and perhaps use that money and man power to do what you guys are wet dreaming they will do with the next one? OK, so I am there as well but out of the area where I can get some of that dew 🙂 from all the chubbys being pumped at the dream that a new game is coming and it will be the proper GR when clearly they have not learn much of the whyt BP imploded and WL was liked .

Do they really have proven that they can do both? No! that is a fact however you slice it or dice it. I do believe that I am not imaging this but they can very well go back and support WL that it 100 times more likeable. Taking what lesson exactly? again, were you not present at what they did between the feedback of WL and the launch of BP? and then the barely taken of GS and calling it immersive experience? is that the lesson here?

10 years can pass by and I can assure you that if the Paris Studio or any other studio for that matter is in charge of making a game that must bring them money, we will never see a proper GR experience because this lazy bastards do not want to waste time coming up with a decent gunplay mechanic, they rather be mediocre copy cats than innovate like they once did.

I’ll not deny or argue that they got it enormously wrong with BP. They’ve been playing catch up ever since. (And still getting it wrong plenty of times. Slow learners, or reluctant to change maybe), but IMO, they have been listening and learning.

I think Motherland is an example of that. That’s only my opinion, but the progression from where we started is there to see. Look at what the game was like at launch, and then look at the options we have now. It’s a very different game.

I don’t know that they can ever fully fix BP. Motherland is how it should’ve been from the start, (but with a more interesting living world, like WL) and we should have two years of polishing by now. Again Motherland is much more like Wildlands than anything we’ve had so far, so I’m inclined to think they are starting to realise what they were on to with WL.

Only time will tell if they can bring what they’ve learnt to a new game, but I still feel, that if they don’t continue to support BP, they’re more likely to feel the need to rush the next game. (Assuming there is one of course).

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1229 posts

@hugo-fou

Can we even quote parts of the posts or not in this new forum? It is extremely difficult to answer and make sense of the answer w/o the previous post there.

Anyways, for a moment I got rudely interrupted, I am not saying they can't change, I am saying they haven't because 2 years to barely get to a playable game is not something to take home and applaud. Well, not for me anyways. In 2 years we should be having an expansion worth another 15 to 20 bucks instead of a free mediocre dlc with even more half churn guns and gear.

As I always state, we are always hopeful they will do it, hopeful they will finally learn what the community wants and innovate, come up with something worth but so far, it is bits and pieces of that silver lining we all keep hoping for.

I still say, they could comeback and make a better effort but nobody likes to throw good money to an already burnt money so why not throw it to WL, at least it is closer to being finished and closer to becoming a decent shooter than this is or will ever be. And again, they do have a thing about their games that makes you want to comeback and try it again and again, even if you know that the missions are and will be cheesy, some more than others but since we are giving opinions here, I don't see why I can't give mine w/o having to answer or hear how I should word my opinion.

So far, people posted an opinion, I posted mine, then you posted something and I responded to YOUR POST and I even said "Because I know you will understand and quoted only you" because even if this is a public forum it was meant for you and nobody else, if you don't/didn't respond, that would have been the end of it and I would understand you feel different or you don't want to engage me and it is completely fine, *DELETED* the discussion continues even if you are pulling one way and I am pulling the opposite way. Who is to say that at the end we won't find a happy ending or just leave it at that.

I do thank you for taking the time though.

• Ubi.Waldo
    Community Manager 30 posts

So far, people posted an opinion, I posted mine, then you posted something and I responded to YOUR POST and I even said "Because I know you will understand and quoted only you" because even if this is a public forum it was meant for you and nobody else, if you don't/didn't respond, that would have been the end of it and I would understand you feel different or you don't want to engage me and it is completely fine, *DELETED* the discussion continues even if you are pulling one way and I am pulling the opposite way. Who is to say that at the end we won't find a happy ending or just leave it at that.

Hey,

A part of your message has been deleted because of its content.

Lets remember these forums are a space for open friendly discussions and opinions. You are entitled to your own opinion but this is not a place for hostile retaliation.

Official Response
  • Hugo-FOU
    174 posts
    @fcac-no-moe
    Can we even quote parts of the posts or not in this new forum? It is extremely difficult to answer and make sense of the answer w/o the previous post there.

Anyways, for a moment I got rudely interrupted, I am not saying they can't change, I am saying they haven't because 2 years to barely get to a playable game is not something to take home and applaud. Well, not for me anyways. In 2 years we should be having an expansion worth another 15 to 20 bucks instead of a free mediocre dlc with even more half churn guns and gear.

As I always state, we are always hopeful they will do it, hopeful they will finally learn what the community wants and innovate, come up with something worth but so far, it is bits and pieces of that silver lining we all keep hoping for.

I still say, they could comeback and make a better effort but nobody likes to throw good money to an already burnt money so why not throw it to WL, at least it is closer to being finished and closer to becoming a decent shooter than this is or will ever be. And again, they do have a thing about their games that makes you want to comeback and try it again and again, even if you know that the missions are and will be cheesy, some more than others but since we are giving opinions here, I don't see why I can't give mine w/o having to answer or hear how I should word my opinion.

I do thank you for taking the time though.

So first off. The only way I’ve found to add the quote with the OPs name, is either go to the … and select quote, then write in the posters name with the @, or the way I do it, since I can never remember exactly how people have their names written. Go to quote, select all and copy, discard the post and click reply, then paste in the quote. Either way it’s a pain.

You’re entitled to your opinion. You are very critical of both the game and devs, (as you would most likely happily admit), but that’s you opinion.

Problem is, you and Blue bring out the inner school child in each other and neither of you can just ignore the other. I’ve read you spats in the past and honestly, I feel like sending you both to bed with no supper!

This is a discussion forum. We have heathy discussion. I like Motherland. I don’t think it’s mediocre. I think the fact that it is free is a good move to show good will to the community and whilst I’m totally prepared for disappointment, it give me at least some hope for the future.

You, think it is mediocre. That it wasn’t worth the wait. The fact that it’s free is because it’s sup par and that it shows that Ubisoft still aren’t listening.

All we can do is try to get the other to see our point of view. There’s definitely no reason to fall out with each other.

• LT-Pine
    2 posts

Considering how long it took, I'm really not amazed by it either. Technically these new missions are nothing new, "kill 3 enemies", wow tens of enemies are killed in minutes when I clear a base for the 6000th time. Like they slapped in some mission markers here and there, that's it.

• Megalodon-26
    291 posts

@lt-pine

Yes, a lot of the destabilization missions use the same mechanics as previous missions (kill a HVT, hack a computer, etc) but there are definitely new elements as well. We never had to watch our step before, outside of the raid, for fear of mines, and completing the missions having actual consequences on the game world. Also they added actual kill of capture missions, which harkens back to the operational freedom promised when Wildlands was first revealed , in the White Hat trailer.

• rugby_dog
    81 posts

I’d rather they stopped if they are going to add more stupid heavies, more arcade mechanics like that helo thing, more bland repetitive missions in the same locations (I mean that’s really odd isn’t it) and more lame guns that have no real difference.

I really hoped OM would add some more real is features and immersion but they just went more arcade.

I get the feeling GR is dead forever. Going forward we are only going to get cheap open worlds with arcade mechanics, as shown by all Ubisoft’s endeavours.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@rugby_dog the market for realsim is magnitudes smaller than arcade. All DLC for Wildlands were more Arcady than the last. Not sure why you decided to set unrealistic expectations. We old folks that prefer the option for more realism are a small bunch.

Don't expect anything for Breakpoint, but push them to further flesh out the Ghost Experience for the next game. That's the only hope for more realism, as well as them dropping PvP - which is how they balance weapons. Without PvP, weapons would simply have minor variations and be mostly cosmetic choice. Which is why the overreaction to Frontline annoyed me, as it was a chance to move PvP out to its own game.

• Flanker1Six
    228 posts

As critical as I've been of Ubi, GRB, and the episode 2 and 3 DLCs--------it would be a serious disservice to Ubi to NOT acknowledge the effort they've put into gradually modifying the base mechanics of GRB. Not to mention the many new features, mechanics, weapons, gear (functional or not) and such that have been added free of charge. I seriously hope Ubi continues to support GRB; make improvements and additions to Op Mother, and are able to incorporate them into the next edition of the GR Franchise.

I urge Ubi to continue listen to the core fan base as they move forward; and be more openly communicative with that fan base. Many of the most criticized elements of GRB's original incarnation are the result of poorly executed implementation; NOT the concept, feature, or mechanic itself. And, are therefore relatively "fixable", and in fact, some have been successfully addressed by Ubi in subsequent DLC, updates and such.

Ubi wishes to sell games to more than just a core fan base; it is a primary responsibility of any business to make money for it's owners, and widening the customer base is a requisite to that. By continuing to craft difficulty levels, with well implemented and distinct differences in realism, tactical, and gameplay options; built around a believable, engaging plot with first class mocap, voice acting, and dialogue------achieving sales to casual, intermediate, and hard core gamers is highly likely.

It's highly advisable to be cautious when incorporating other Ubi franchise elements into a GR title as most so far have fallen far short. Take counsel from core fans and military consultants as to what could interface realistically and effectively with the GR World, and don't be lured into the ill advised and misplaced features and content of some past DLCs. Good luck! 👍

PS: Where's my NGSW Spear, damnit! 😉

• Hugo-FOU
    174 posts
    @flanker1six As critical as I've been of Ubi, GRB, and the episode 2 and 3 DLCs--------it would be a serious disservice to Ubi to NOT acknowledge the effort they've put into gradually modifying the base mechanics of GRB. Not to mention the many new features, mechanics, weapons, gear (functional or not) and such that have been added free of charge. I seriously hope Ubi continues to support GRB; make improvements and additions to Op Mother, and are able to incorporate them into the next edition of the GR Franchise.

I urge Ubi to continue listen to the core fan base as they move forward; and be more openly communicative with that fan base. Many of the most criticized elements of GRB's original incarnation are the result of poorly executed implementation; NOT the concept, feature, or mechanic itself. And, are therefore relatively "fixable", and in fact, some have been successfully addressed by Ubi in subsequent DLC, updates and such.

Ubi wishes to sell games to more than just a core fan base; it is a primary responsibility of any business to make money for it's owners, and widening the customer base is a requisite to that. By continuing to craft difficulty levels, with well implemented and distinct differences in realism, tactical, and gameplay options; built around a believable, engaging plot with first class mocap, voice acting, and dialogue------achieving sales to casual, intermediate, and hard core gamers is highly likely.

It's highly advisable to be cautious when incorporating other Ubi franchise elements into a GR title as most so far have fallen far short. Take counsel from core fans and military consultants as to what could interface realistically and effectively with the GR World, and don't be lured into the ill advised and misplaced features and content of some past DLCs. Good luck! 👍

PS: Where's my NGSW Spear, damnit! 😉

Very, very well said. This is, IMO, exactly what’s needed. Why does it have to be milsim or arcade? Why not allow the player to make that choice, by which settings they select?

One game to rule them all!

Suggested Topics