ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Borkaman87
    Original poster 36 posts

Claras death. How was it a tactical move on behalf of Dani and Clara, for Juan to take the sniper shot at Diego when Anton was the only one with a gun out AND in cover to shoot both at point blank? Feels like Ubis has been sucking poor writing up the [censored] since FC3- all for subverting expectations. Reminds me of what D&D did to Game of Thrones.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• rickidoo2010
    141 posts

Yeah... unless Juan wanted Clara dead. He's a shady enough character - as evidenced by his history (worked for Cia *and* KGB). Also there was that time he wanted to let McVey off the hook in exchange for money - which would have been a double cross to Clara. And finally, the last scene (audio only) where Juan talks to Vass and says that Viviro production has tripled.... I took that to mean the slave labor thing was still going on and he was profiting from it.

That's the only plausible explanation I can think of. And I would argue the point that it is likely.

• Borkaman87
    Original poster 36 posts

@rickidoo2010 but then Juan must have wanted Dani dead just as much. No, it's absolutely awful writing there. As allways with FarCry/Ubisoft. Dani and Juan had this "best pals for life" scene after the showdown and Antons demise, which make clear Dani had forgiven Juan(for no damn reason at all)

• rickidoo2010
    141 posts

@borkaman87 I don't disagree with your comments from a global perspective, but as to the dining rom scene.... you said it yourself - Clara and Dani are unarmed in a room where castel has the gun and Juan can't shoot him - I would say that if Juan wanted to get rid of Clara *and* Dani, he would have done exactly what he did... go for the kid, and Have Castel kill them both in anger. Just sayin.

• KrayZee_
    95 posts

@borkaman87 As much as I don't like Juan acts and how Clara dies, Juan is supposed to be an opportunist. He does not seem to care about consequences, which is the whole point of his character. I wouldn't say that's poor writing. Just because we don't like how the story ended up does not mean it's poor writing. Right from the beginning, Clara already explained he worked for Espinosa, the KGB, CIA and Mossad. She also said he's unstable, an alcoholic and a double agent. When you meet Juan, he called the bartender ugly in front of his face and he's drinking at an outdoor bar. He doesn't seem to care that he's putting himself in danger. One of the first things he wanted Dani to do, is to steal resources from the FND. All of these things are red flags that Juan is a shady character. Clara is desperate for help, Juan takes advantage of every situation he's in. One has a moral compass, the other does not and yet Juan is her mentor. Even in real life, the CIA would work with shady people in foreign countries and the same people will no doubt backstab the CIA later on. I don't think it's poor writing if the story made it pretty clear within the first hour of gameplay in Far Cry 6. He's willing to accept bribery, despite that he knows that McKay got people killed. He's willing to shoot at Diego while overhearing the conversation at the same time with Clara held hostage and Dani being blackmailed by Antón Castillo. The post-credits adds insult to injury. Even after Clara's death, Juan does not seem to mind what he is doing and he doesn't care about disrespecting the dead even if it's Clara herself.

Dani is still angry at Juan for attempting to shoot at Diego, and Dani did not like Juan's response about Diego getting shot. I don't think Dani had forgiven Juan at all, I think they're just glad Antón Castillo's regime is over, and they'd rather celebrate than bicker and argue. I'm pretty sure Dani didn't like Talia murdering María Marquessa, but Dani seems to let it go.

• Borkaman87
    Original poster 36 posts

@krayzee_ The only time there was a sign of Juan being an opportunist, was when you were left with the choice to spare McKay. And even then, what Juan said about sparing McKay was that the REVOLUTION needed McKays funding, which was true- and quite possibly honest aswell. For Juan to call the bartender ugly just like that, could be because he knew the bartender hated Libertad- after many visits and hours talking to him across the bar counter. Reading people is the primary skill in his line of work. Which should be why he allso liked Clara- and even honored her as a hero at the end, pouring a toast on her grave. Like a friend would. His enthusiasm was with Libertad- and by his concern for McKays funding, it was clear he allso cared about a proper transition for Yara.
    For a master guerilla to want to steal supplies from the oppressive opposition, the >enemy<, is about as loyal to the cause as you can get. Diegos death is just a writing glitch,

But if you're right about Juan being a through and through opportunist, for which you make a decent case, the perhaps worst writing glitch is how lightly Dani lets Clara and Diegos deaths slide as he joins Juan by Claras grave. Body language, the generous smiles there- it all signaled close friendship and trust that I woud've felt nothing of for Juan. Either the writing sucked, or we were placed in the shoes of the most naive[30some] orphan kid with- 🤢 daddy issues for Juan.

• Borkaman87
    Original poster 36 posts

@rickidoo2010 absolutely, except for Juan telling Dani the moment before what he was about to do. Juan allso pays his respects to Carlas grave at the end, when he doesn't have to, as if he regarded her a friend rather than a tool and obstacle to any selfish goals he might have

• Kormac67
    1068 posts

@borkaman87 For me the most irritating part was Juan calling back Dani on McKay.
    I expected a confrontation afterwards and went to him right away but nothing happened and it was never mentioned again.

• KrayZee_
    95 posts
    @krayzee_ The only time there was a sign of Juan being an opportunist, was when you were left with the choice to spare McKay. And even then, what Juan said about sparing McKay was that the REVOLUTION needed McKays funding, which was true- and quite possibly honest aswell. For Juan to call the bartender ugly just like that, could be because he knew the bartender hated Libertad- after many visits and hours talking to him across the bar counter. Reading people is the primary skill in his line of work. Which should be why he allso liked Clara- and even honored her as a hero at the end, pouring a toast on her grave. Like a friend would. His enthusiasm was with Libertad- and by his concern for McKays funding, it was clear he allso cared about a proper transition for Yara.
    For a master guerilla to want to steal supplies from the oppressive opposition, the >enemy<, is about as loyal to the cause as you can get. Diegos death is just a writing glitch,

But if you're right about Juan being a through and through opportunist, for which you make a decent case, the perhaps worst writing glitch is how lightly Dani lets Clara and Diegos deaths slide as he joins Juan by Claras grave. Body language, the generous smiles there- it all signaled close friendship and trust that I woud've felt nothing of for Juan. Either the writing sucked, or we were placed in the shoes of the most naive[30some] orphan kid with- 🤢 daddy issues for Juan.

Did you forget that one mission where Juan told Dani he's been selling Viviro to the Americans and used the money to finance Libertad? He explained Clara doesn't know and eventually Raúl Sánchez ambushes Dani. Dani is then held captive by Raúl Sánchez and Antón Castillo. That's another example Juan is an opportunist. Clara already explained his past and how he jumped to the CIA 'for fun'. He's been selling Viviro behind Clara's back and continues to do this even after her death, that's disrespecting Clara's views and morals. Considering he's making money and he represents himself, and not for Antón Castillo, that means he's working through the black market.

Diego's death is a writing glitch? No, Antón Castillo doesn't want his son to suffer the same fate he experienced after his own father died in the Revolution of '67. He doesn't trust Dani and he knows Libertad will not take care of Diego. Antón broke the cycle by killing his own son. If Diego experienced torture as he grows up without his parents, Diego will become just like his father and grandfather as another dictator, and therefore there will be another revolution in Yara in the future. That's not a problem in story writing, Antón is simply sparing his own son and likely preventing another bloody revolution happening again. Far Cry 6's storyline would probably be known as the Revolution of 2021 and Dani would be known as part of 'The Legends of 2021' for future generations. The writers didn't kill off Diego just for shock value, there's a reason why Antón did it.

If I'm Dani who singlehandedly liberated the entire country of Yara alone, I'd probably have so much fatigue after killing thousands of people, I'd rather chill and relax than drain more energy moping around and arguing with people like Juan. Even the Legends of '67 went through fatigue and didn't feel like participating the current revolution until El Tigre died.

• Borkaman87
    Original poster 36 posts

@krayzee_ well well, I remember skipping past those cutscenes- since that middle region put me in a coma state as far as plot and characters were concerned- plus, decade old gameplay mechanics didn't help me stay invested for the northern region either. So then the writing IS ~ok~ afterall, but the gameplay such a chore that it was wasted on me. Nice job, KrayZee. I remember getting captured by Raul Sanchez and rescued by Diego. And the aftermath(which I skipped, figuring it would be doing sidequest chores) shows Juan conducting even more Viviro business? Guess I should investigate this further. Thanks for giving me reason to kill time with FC6 again. It's more fun a chore than staring at a wall, I can give Ubisoft that much.

I didn't mean Diegos death was a writing glitch btw, only that Juan tried killing him. Diegos death made some sense, but you spelled it out nicely.

Still though, Dani should be even more [censored] at Juan at the end if Dani knew Juan was selling Viviro to(possibly) the entire world. That's what I like to call- a writing glitch

Suggested Topics