Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Crowolf
    Original poster 4 posts

Hi there,
    If this is a repeat topic I'm sorry; I did look and don't see it. I have AC/V on Xbox X, digital product thru Best Buy. Downloaded to console, the game starts, gets to the "In order to play this game you must have a Ubisoft account..."screen and that's as far as it gets. The save icon in the bottom right is in constant motion, when I press "A" for "Connect me now" one of two things happens:

1/nothing
    2/the screen will transition white, then black, then back to the "in order..."screen

I tried power cycling the console, giving it a good long wait to see and try again and deleting/reinstalling with no changes.

Suggestions? I've yet to get past this screen to even play the game.

Thanks!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Crowolf
    Original poster 4 posts

@crowolf Is there somewhere else I should go for help on this? It's been four days and no solution/reply. There's no refunds on the game so between this and the credits pack I've blown over 100 bucks on a game that doesn't play for me.

• longjohn119
    934 posts

@crowolf Do you have a Ubisoft account? If not you'll have to make one and register the game with it. How that works on Xbox I don't know since I'm on PC

• Crowolf
    Original poster 4 posts

@longjohn119 I do, but it's pretty much useless for me. I can't get TO the screen to log the game in. When I try it's the issue I identify in the start of this post. I can't get past that, can't get into the game at all. Cycles to that problem over and over. This is the only spot I've found that handles weird problems like this. If I could find another I'd try that.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2846 posts

Hi @crowolf and welcome to the forum.

Apologies for the late response, and I'm also sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues linking your Xbox account to your Ubisoft account.

Can you please check the support article here and follow the steps to link your accounts via the Ubisoft account website. Once your accounts have been successfully linked try launching the game on your console again and hopefully the game will launch.

If you still experience an issue after linking your accounts, please let us know.

Official Response
  • Crowolf
    Original poster 4 posts

@ubi-keo Bingo!

I did get into the game after that post by taking an RJ45 and plugging into my modem, starting the game, and then disconnecting but then I couldn't sign into the store and had no access to the credit pack I bought.

Your fix worked! I linked my accounts I did have (FB and XB) and presto I'm in. I didn't back out of my game play, but I can access the store and NOW see my credit pack so I'm assuming I'm all good.

Thanks for the fix! It was totally frustrating me. Looks like I'm good here.

...CroWolf

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2846 posts

@crowolf you're welcome, I'm pleased to hear that you were able to link your accounts.

If you have any further issues, please let us know.

Official Response

Suggested Topics