Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Sock_Monkey
    Original poster 334 posts

So just had the Ubi update pushed, which I think was only for the Ubi interface and had nothing to do with the game, but now I get this strange behavior with the lighting engine. Look as I move outside...

Maybe it's old new, but it's the first time I have even seen this.

Oh, it's in the DZ, but not sure that matters.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Adrian-11
    799 posts

@sock_monkey

New content!!!

• dagrommit
    785 posts

@sock_monkey the lighting in DZ South has always been that way when transitioning between a dark outdoor and light indoor area at night

[edit] it also happens in the landmark just east of the northern extraction

• Sock_Monkey
    Original poster 334 posts

@dagrommit I have done this particular landmark many times and have zero recollection of ever seeing this before.

Are there certain conditions that need to happen?

P.S. Look at how "bright" the interior is. It's like at max and is trying to simulate glare even. From what? Sun lamps?

• N3mB0t
    363 posts

i really took the right time to take a break from the game , i just hope they get it right next week .

• dagrommit
    785 posts

@sock_monkey it only seems to happen at night. It made for a such a striking photo mode shot that I posted one in the old forum thread.

[edit] posted in January 2020 - I messed with the color balance, hence the pinkish tint instead of blinding white.

• Adrian-11
    799 posts

@n3mb0t

Seems to be particularly bad today, after... you know... "maintenance" 😉
    Didn't have the desire to try it, but the chatter is way up re. crashes and glitches.
    Like you, I stepped away about 2 weeks ago, my blood pressure is back to normal and I sleep way better.
    I will come back when I see 2 weeks free of CTD complains in a row... so that's like... never?!

Meanwhile, UBI and Massive look like this in my head (like that for months)

Suggested Topics