ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• IIAc3sII
    Original poster 4 posts

I have 2 computers, one PC and one laptop.
    I played Anno1800 just fine on the PC, but then I went out of the country for 5 months and installed Anno1800 on my laptop.
    I played Anno1800 just fine on the laptop, but at a certain point I would not update anymore or otherwise essential mods that I use would not work anymore, so I continued to play in offline mode without updating.
    Now I am back home, I need to have the exact same Anno1800 version on both my laptop and on my PC, I have tried to copy paste the entire v11.1.1010647 from my laptop onto an external hard drive and then copy paste it over onto my PC.
    This did not work as Ubisoft Connect forced me to either update or not play at all.
    I then tried to uninstall the entire game from my PC and re-install it, hoping it would give me the same v.11.1.1010647 since I never updated beyond that, but instead of doing that it put the v.12 game on my PC, which I never wanted!
    I again tried to copy paste the v11.1.1010647 from my external hard drive onto my PC, and again Ubisoft Connect is forcing me to update.

In short, I got v.11.1.1010647 on my laptop that still works there, but I cannot get the same version on my PC, but it NEEDS to be the same version or otherwise my game will be ruined since I have essential mods that will not work on v.12.
    Playing without those essential mods and updating to v.12 is not an option, my game will be ruined.
    So please help me to get v.11.1.1010647 on my PC as well, I have literally copy pasted the exact same version from my laptop onto my PC but Ubisoft Connect is giving me no other choices and forces me to either not play at all or to update.

I'm getting quite frustrated with this situation, I payed for this game yet I cannot play it the way I want, which is to remain at v.11.1.1010647 with the mods that I have, instead I'm being forced to update to v.12 and ruin my current game, the only option that your giving me is to start a new game without those essential mods...I might as well stop playing then, and I'm starting to wander why I even bought this game if you don't even allow me to play it and force me to ruin my game...

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Asterix201252
    345 posts

have you tried turning off automatic updates in Ubisoft Connect

• IIAc3sII
    Original poster 4 posts

@asterix201252 Of course that is disabled, so is the option in the general Ubisoft Connect settings to update recently played games.
    This is not the issue, the issue is Ubisoft Connect won't allow any other version onto my PC except for v12, even though I have a fully functional v11 on my laptop but it won't even allow me to copy paste that onto my PC or it forces me to either update (in online mode) or its unable to start the game (in offline mode) and tells me to go in online mode.

• IIAc3sII
    Original poster 4 posts

I found a way to "roll back" the game version and not have Ubisoft Connect force me to either "not play" or "update and break my savegame and my mods"
    I'm not going to explain it here mainly because of the stance Ubisoft took in the way they show no regard to modders/mods or the forced updates they shove on players, they simply don't care and are happy to ruin my 500h savegame, if I explain it here they will likely change something so this method doesn't work anymore because they are very keen on forcing players without ever allowing them to go back to a version that works, if you update and it ruins your game then thats just too bad...which is unacceptable to me.
    First step needed to make it work is to have your entire old Anno1800 game folder (old version) copy pasted in a safe location or have the older version on a different computer, and preferably also the old Documents\Anno1800 folder too, if you don't have a backup like this and you update then your screwed.

If any player ever reads this and ends up in the same situation, contact me on Discord on the "Anno Mod-Corner International" server or the "Annoverse" server, name = Ac3s.

Suggested Topics