ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Oderisson
    Original poster 4 posts

hey,

I have a problem with launching game.

Just bought it so its a fresh instalation.

Did all things suggested here and on google:
    -overlay
    -different hdd/verify
    -cleared ubi cache
    -disabled different programs
    -antivirus exception
    -administrator
    -redistributable reinstall
    -drivers

Probably something more, but dont remember it now.

My specs are:
    Win 11
    i5-9600k
    16gb ram
    RTX 2070
    (should be good enough for a start secreen)

Game crashes without anything. No info, nothing. I just get little rectangle when they sit in the car. Nothing appears underneath. Game just crashes and PLAY button becomes clickable.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Tuuny_
    9 posts
    Best Answer
    @oderisson Just change your computer's keyboard layout to United States- International. You will be able to enter the game.

• Praxis224
    2 posts

@oderisson Same for me. Still not working. Ubisoft, how do you define buying a product that does not work or do what's intended to do at all? It's called fraud.

• Telegreen
    2 posts

Same. I tried many things. I had just upgraded to Windows 11 so I thought it might be related. So I formatted and I reinstalled Win10. Same problem.
    I launch the game, see the splash screen then nothing. Every other game works just fine.
    It was working until recently. I have an AMD 3900x, 32Gb RAM, rtx3600, SSD M2

• Oderisson
    Original poster 4 posts

@telegreen the game crashes without any popup window?

Just to confirm, becasue some poeople mentioned a crash with some white letters and a shortcut "PLO" or something.

And the game stopped working, but it DID work for You?

Thats strange....

• Tuuny_
    9 posts
    Best Answer
    @oderisson Just change your computer's keyboard layout to United States- International. You will be able to enter the game.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3127 posts

Hey @oderisson , @Praxis224 , and @Telegreen - I really appreciate you reaching out about this. I understand you're having the game crash on the initial splash screen, which is very unfortunate. This is something that has been happening for some players since our recent update, and our teams are currently investigating the issue. At the moment, we've no updates to share, but we'll be posting over on the megathread tracking this issue when we do.

Let us know over on that thread if there's any questions in the meantime, and my apologies for the inconvenience.

Official Response
  • Taxadrone
    3 posts

I have been having same issue since Vaas update. I get the initial splash screen and then the larger version of the same screen and then it fails. Bizarrely someone on reddit suggested changing keyboard layout during loading (win + space) and it worked a few times yesterday. But today that trick isn't working. I sure hope ubisoft fix it promptly. the term "unplayable" is used quite liberaly these days for various bugs but this has got to be the definition of it.

I hope we're all back to playing the game soon and in a position to laugh about this next week my fellow mudurous rebels!

Love C

• Ubi-Thrupney

Thanks for sharing your experiences with this, @taxadrone - I understand the workaround some players have found effective has worked somewhat for you too, but not consistently. Our teams are aware of the workaround, too, and I'm confident they are figuring it into our investigation as well. Thanks again for reaching out, and sorry for the inconvenience while we get this sorted out.

Official Response
  • Eastern_UNO
    4 posts

Hello, the same here. I uninstalled the game and installed it again. One time it was working and I could play the game (when shaders were initialized), but next time I tried to launch Far Cry 6 it crashed on start without throwing any error. (i9-9900 KS @5GHz + 16 GB DDR4 4000 MHz, Radeon RX 6900 XT 16 GB, Windows 10, all graphics drivers and windows updates are up to date) In my opinion it has something to do with these shaders or there could be cloud sync error. Who knows. Please fix it, thank you!

• Eastern_UNO
    4 posts

@ubi-thrupney Hi, could you please tell me if there is any way how can I force Warm Up PSO Cache before Far Cry 6 launches? If there is some configuration file where I can force it or add command line argument for it? Thank you! It could help me to solve the bug where game crashes on start. Thanks!

• Ubi-Viral
    2366 posts

@eastern_uno Hey! Thank you for your reply. I am afraid there is no way to warm up the PSO Cache. We also do not allow the modifying of configuration files and command-line arguments are for the production studios use.

Thank you for providing your system specs. You mentioned that you have tried some troubleshooting steps already, thank you for this.

I have informed the development team about the PSO Cache to see if it could be causing the crash.

Once we have an update we will reach back out to you.

Apologies for the inconvenience that this issue has caused.

Thank you.

• Oderisson
    Original poster 4 posts

@tuuny_ What the fook... That actually helped...

• Eastern_UNO
    4 posts

@ubi-viral Thank you for fast response!

• Ubi-Viral
    2366 posts

@Oderisson Brilliant to hear that this helped. I advised checking out the official communication from the link below also please.

@eastern_uno No problem. We have had official communication on this shared here that may be of interest to you.

Thank you.

• Almica81
    1 posts

Hallo
    Habe auch das problemm das dsa Spiel gleich beim starten abstürzt bzw fährt nicht hoch. Was könnte ich machen.
    Gruss adi

• Telegreen
    2 posts

@oderisson It was working until recently. Now I see the initial splash screen, then the "cache PSO" loading screen but this one disappears very quickly and then nothing.

• Eastern_UNO
    4 posts

@ubi-viral It helped me too! To be more precise, here is the guide for Windows 10. After doing this, it does not crash after start 🙂 "Press Win button > type and go to Settings > Time & Language > Language > section Preferred languages > Add language > add English (United States) language pack" And the game is really working and launches properly! After removing it and restarting PC, the game could not launch again! 🙂

• Valravn999
    2 posts

@ubi-thrupney how long will it take

• OsanaKiss
    1 posts

Yes I have the same issue, From the Ubisoft Connect application I go to the Far Cry 6 page, press play. The sychronization dialog comes up, then the splash screen, the sync dialog again, then the play button becomes available again since Far Cry 6 has closed. No other error report. Otherwise there is no indication that anything is wrong, it just looks like a clean free rotation - except there's no game... !

• Ubi-Thrupney

Thanks for reaching out, @almica81 🙂 We're only able to help in English on these forums, so if you translate your message for us, we'll be happy to help. Alternatively, we can help in German on our German forums are here: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/category/793?lang=de

@Tuuny_ , thanks for trying that keyboard language workaround - I'm sorry it didn't help consistently. Perhaps @Eastern_UNO more specific instructions will help further, and if you do try them, I'd appreciate you letting us know how you get on!

@Valravn999 , thanks for your question! We don't have any ETA for this at the moment, as our investigation is ongoing, but I'd recommend keeping an eye on News & Announcements for updates.

@OsanaKiss , thanks very much for getting in touch to report that you're having the same issue - I'm sorry to hear this! Our teams are currently investigating the issue. My apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.

As UbiKoality mentioned in an announcement, sorting this out is currently our highest priority. As above, I'd recommend keeping an eye on News & Announcements for updates, and let me know if there's any questions in the meantime!

Official Response

Suggested Topics