ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Profit62
    10 posts

@rookie-31st that's exactly how it goes for me, the enemy only goes into full alert and search if he hears gunfire, I've also lowered the suppressed dection range to 7 so I don't get attacked buy everyone on the map lol.....

• vahndaar
    129 posts

Yeah customise away, that's the thing most of this is down to personal preference and even then it's good to be able to mix things up from time to time.

Everyone can find their own sweet spot for their playstyle.

• JaRuTo7
    18 posts

@vahndaar A couple of new changes you might look into it since there's a very high chance you will be able to change those things in parameters with cheat engine.
    1. Allow players to change weapons at his own vehicle, a designated supply or rally point (you can change that "only" in a bivouac which is not very realistic to be honest) or “borrow” (swap to) a weapon from one of your AI teammate.
    2. Allow players to soul swap with his AI team-mates at any time in the game.
    Those changes are accessible through playing with Gear Score mode only at the moment.
    3. Remove helicopter at the mountain (before entering Erewhon to meet other npcs inside cave). It breaks immersion hard to see heli there.
    4. Not entirely sure if possible but maybe try to Restrict Area 01 as No Fly Area but if player will decide to fly there you will be taken down by drone swarm.

Great mod so far, keep it up! I will never come back to vanilla game that's for sure. This mod fits in my taste since it finally feels closer to what Ghost Recon was in the past. Now it's enjoyable. And for console players that are waiting to create those params with some sort of patches in the future, just forget it, they will never do that however I appreciate Ubi in general that they are not fight with modders at any shape of form (my friend did SvM Versus Mode a big mod for Splinter Cell:Blacklist SvM and it's still not taken down) so kudos to you Ubisoft, you have my utmost respect. Please, don't change in that regard.

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 800 posts

@ual002

You can certainly adjust the response time and detection distance. I would be surprised if you could mod response time to depend on distance unless that mechanic already is coded into the detection algorithm. As it is, I think the mod works very well. Detection not only depends on distance but enemy facing which appears to be a very narrow cone. It’s still very easy to get close to an enemy that’s not facing you. In fact, this has led to some rather tense encounters in the wilderness as I didn’t notice an enemy patrol until I crossed their field of view which happened to be at very close range. It was ugly. I was seriously injured but lived to tell the story.

Ubisoft needs to seriously rework the detection algorithm to not only include response time vs distance as you suggest, but it should depend on conditions, concealment, and camo. Ideally someone spotting you at a distance takes longer to ID you as they look through their optic or whatever.

In the mean time, the mod is fantastic. It’s so vastly superior to the default game detection I couldn’t play without it and not feel I was cheating. 🙂

• Virtual-Chris
    @vahndaar A couple of new changes you might look into it since there's a very high chance you will be able to change those things in parameters with cheat engine.
    1. Allow players to change weapons at his own vehicle, a designated supply or rally point (you can change that "only" in a bivouac which is not very realistic to be honest) or “borrow” (swap to) a weapon from one of your AI teammate.
    2. Allow players to soul swap with his AI team-mates at any time in the game.
    Those changes are accessible through playing with Gear Score mode only at the moment.
    3. Remove helicopter at the mountain (before entering Erewhon to meet other npcs inside cave). It breaks immersion hard to see heli there.
    4. Not entirely sure if possible but maybe try to Restrict Area 01 as No Fly Area but if player will decide to fly there you will be taken down by drone swarm.

I agree with #1 (which solves #2 as well). Strangely, you can change weapons anytime in Gear Score mode, which is why I play with GS on. You should be able to do this in immersive mode as well for the reasons you state. It makes more sense to swap weapons at a vehicle or an RP or supply drop rather than some muddy wilderness campsite with nothing but a smouldering fire. 🙂

Soul swapping is easily done… if you can swap weapons anywhere. I do it all the time in GS mode. Fortunately, when you get to GS250, there’s virtually no difference between GS and immersive mode other than this added flexibility.

Motherland solves your other 2 issues.

• JaRuTo7
    18 posts
    I agree with #1 (which solves #2 as well). Strangely, you can change weapons anytime in Gear Score mode, which is why I play with GS on. You should be able to do this in immersive mode as well for the reasons you state. It makes more sense to swap weapons at a vehicle or an RP or supply drop rather than some muddy wilderness campsite with nothing but a smouldering fire. 🙂

@Virtual-Chris Exactly. It would be fire if this is possible for changing.

Motherland solves your other 2 issues.

@Virtual-Chris Yes I know that but I was referring to the main campaign also (nobody is playing the main campaign anymore? :D). Those changes are only possible in Motherland Conquest mode if I'm not mistaken.

• Profit62
    10 posts

Rocking the Spartan patch all weekend in Honor of @vahndaar from BlackWolf R&D..

• vahndaar
    129 posts

New version uploaded. V0.33. Reworked the backend so that only one table is required which should run against all .exe's and prevent it from breaking between updates.

Also restored automatic process hooking.

• Rev09
    75 posts

Just throwing this out there. I changed the amount of ammo for 5.56 you can carry. You should be able to carry 210 rounds total. 6 mags in vest and one in the gun at 30 rounds each. It's standard soldier loadout. Some of you might want to adjust this, and some of you may not, depending on your preference.

• Rev09
    75 posts

@virtual-chris

Forgive me for asking this. What in the blue hell is soul swapping in this game?

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1165 posts
    @virtual-chris

Forgive me for asking this. What in the blue hell is soul swapping in this game?

If its something like what we used to have in the Original GR, souls swapping is what you do when you could play as any of your teammates or squad members. This way you can be the Sniper guy, or the support guy or the recon or sharpshooter, etc, etc.

• Rev09
    75 posts

@fcac-no-moe

Thank you for the explanation. Hope you're doing great man.

• Virtual-Chris

@vahndaar Sounds great. Will it really work after updates to the game? How is that possible?

• Virtual-Chris

@rev09 Exactly as Mr FcAc described. You can use visual pallets to “swap” and play any of your team mates. Of course, this also requires you are able to swap load outs on the fly. So you can only do this currently in Gear Score mode.

• ual002
    6 posts

I was just thinking about how comically slow the SAMs are in this game, is there a way to increase the speed, and make the chance the player could survive missile impact even if the chopper doesn't, that way you can have a very interesting downed helo experience. The sams in the last game were fast but you could dodge them, you just tended not to survive impact and would typically get a restart because you were too dead to bail or survive an impact and limp away. I know this is probably a hot subject with varying opinions. Be curious what ppl think.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1165 posts
    I was just thinking about how comically slow the SAMs are in this game, is there a way to increase the speed, and make the chance the player could survive missile impact even if the chopper doesn't, that way you can have a very interesting downed helo experience. The sams in the last game were fast but you could dodge them, you just tended not to survive impact and would typically get a restart because you were too dead to bail or survive an impact and limp away. I know this is probably a hot subject with varying opinions. Be curious what ppl think.

You are not kidding, they went from 1 Extreme to the other extreme, now you can literally hover in the air, drink a pepsi and still be able to maneuver away from the missile. For the Lemmings, of course I am exaggerating, what is the fun otherwise.

Now, on the other side of the token, you can only enrage a Behemoth with the rockets from your Helo Gunships but if you drive up to them with the LC-4R vehicle you can destroy them in 1 or 2 shots. Again 1 extreme to the other extreme.

Oh and you can land the 5 or 6 rockets you carry on your back pants pocket on the behemoth and all you will do is get it angry but, if you use your Optic Camo, you can go grab the loot, get out and be on your merry way... excellent work and it really shows the amount of effort put forth into it.

The Studio deserves double the Bonus for such a great job.

• Rev09
    75 posts

@fcac-no-moe

So you are saying, I would have to select the character costume of each of the squad members (ie: Fixit, Fury, Vasily, Nomad) then change each of the palettes when I want to play as one of those members. I still don't understand how this works because, if I want to play as Nomad and move up front, then switch to Vasily on the hill to see what kind of threats are at a distance, I would need to switch him to Nomad and myself to Vasily then run back up the hill to play as that character. What am I missing here, seems tough to pull of for immersion.

• Hugo-FOU
    174 posts
    @rev09 So you are saying, I would have to select the character costume of each of the squad members (ie: Fixit, Fury, Vasily, Nomad) then change each of the palettes when I want to play as one of those members. I still don't understand how this works because, if I want to play as Nomad and move up front, then switch to Vasily on the hill to see what kind of threats are at a distance, I would need to switch him to Nomad and myself to Vasily then run back up the hill to play as that character. What am I missing here, seems tough to pull of for immersion.

It’s very much a role playing thing rather than a functional thing.

I’d like soul swapping as functional, rather than role playing feature for just the type of reason you state.

• Spidey456
    11 posts

Nice work! I picked this up and put it down because it was too causal. This is an hardcore exciting experience now.

The one thing I would change is lessen your teammate accuracy in cars. You team mates are still bots from cars. Can clear out entire bases.

• EllaC90
    13 posts

The mod is in a really solid place now and Vahndaar deserves a rest! Would be neat to mess with reload speeds, weapon sway and maybe even the movement speed as well if at all possible. Weapon sway in particular should in my world be a lot more pronounced. It would make moving while shooting and long-range shooting much more challenging. Might also make the hold-your-breath mechanic more useful. Or maybe I just love punishing myself. x]

Suggested Topics