Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• vahndaar
    120 posts

@lolt6 yeah I did create some shader fixes using 3DMigoto which disabled explosive AOE, flashing interaction shaders and allowed the player to toggle icons in-game using button combos, but they only run in DX12, unfortunately there's no effective way to hook shaders in Vulkan that I know of.

Again there should be menu options for :

Disabling explosive AOE effects
    Disabling flashing shader on loot - e.g. ammo, syringes etc. (perhaps when the interaction shader is disabled?)
    Separate hud icon options for Collectibles, Vehicles and Enemy Drops

• EllaC90
    11 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Hugo-FOU
    164 posts

@virtual-chris Couple of quick questions. I’m guessing this been sanctioned by Ubisoft? If so, any indication they are looking to see how popular it is in the future?

As I understand it. This is simply changing values in the code, so could in theory be brought to any platform, if Ubisoft choose to?

• vahndaar
    120 posts

Nah, it's its own thing, just a bit of an experiment to bring in some things we've been asking for. Would be great if we could get settings in-game for this but after 2 years I'm not sure how likely it is.

• rugby_dog
    81 posts

No reason why this shouldn’t be on consoles or on the game as a default for the ghost mode. The AI is so dumbed down and this would really help.

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 760 posts

@hugo-fou I'm sure they called a meeting today to discuss getting all this into the next update ASAP. 😄

• Hugo-FOU
    164 posts

@vahndaar Well, it sounds fantastic. Kind of gutted I’m on console. Hope they pay attention.

• Hugo-FOU
    164 posts

@virtual-chris I’m sure! 😬 Of course, even if they had, their ‘ASAP’ and ours are probably very different things.

• Flanker1Six
    216 posts

@virtual-chris; yes, the trajectories are much better than GRW's, but when I say "ballistics" in relation to GRB; I mean pistol caliber weapons that deal as much damage as 5.56 ARs, or the 5.56 class CTMMG doing as much damage as 7.62 x 51 rifles, badly under powered .338s and 50s etc, etc. I was being fa see shus. 😉

UPDATE: So vahndaar found a way to fix the suppressors! AWESOME!

• vahndaar
    120 posts

Yeah, did a bit of research on supersonic vs subsonic suppression which was useful and BoneFrog offered some insight as well. Basically your HDG, SMG and SHG are assumed to operate with subsonic rounds and so suppression is reasonably efficient. The rest are supersonic so suppression does help but will draw attention short - medium range. Unsuppressed fire is now like ringing the dinner bell and will attract pretty much to the hard limit of audio range in-game which is around 225m.

A side effect of this is that sound now almost acts like a heat system, pulling enemies to the source and escalating organically.

• Flanker1Six
    216 posts
    @ vahndaar--"Yeah, did a bit of research on supersonic vs subsonic suppression which was useful and BoneFrog offered some insight as well. Basically your HDG, SMG and SHG are assumed to operate with subsonic rounds and so suppression is reasonably efficient. The rest are supersonic so suppression does help but will draw attention short - medium range. Unsuppressed fire is now like ringing the dinner bell and will attract pretty much to the hard limit of audio range in-game which is around 225m.

A side effect of this is that sound now almost acts like a heat system, pulling enemies to the source and escalating organically."

MEH! Maybe...........................some of the handguns (9mm) and any of the 9mm subguns and PDWs (H & K MP 7 and FN P90) are going to be low to moderate supersonic at the muzzle. Depending on distance to target; if they're still supersonic (and you miss) the baddie will likely hear that wwhhtt wwhhtt as the bullet goes by and take it as a rightful sign from a higher power to be somewhere else! I suspect it's difficult, if not impossilbe to individually model/code suppressor signatures at multiple ranges, as well as NPC reactions to them---so respect the need to make a median signature/reaction adjustment to the vanilla stats for the entire weapon group.

Ammo limits: Went from 377 vanilla for the UMP to 81?! Went from 440 for the M110 to seriously not wanting to go on the mission! I'm welded to the Slim Shadow, Explosives Expert, and Ballistics Advan perks (excepting Sensor Hack under very limited circumstances) for my 3 perks, so using he 25% extra ammo perk is a non starter. There again; I appreciate the need to make a median ammo limit call based on a number of factors (most of which I'm unaware of), but the end effect for me is: Vanilla: All the ammo in the world. Spartan Mod: No 🤐 way would I even consider stepping outside of the compound/base with that load out. For the record: When I was working PSD in the Stan; my daily loadout was 270 5.56 x 45mm and 45 9mm, or the 45 pistol rounds + 400rds belted 5.56 for the SAW (we never had to hump as Soft *** Contractors but rode in style in uparmored Ford F250s). Different Mission frame work than Ghosting.

One of my biggest issues with vanilla load outs are the amount of crap we can carry; mines, throwables, rocket launchers, etc, etc.................didn't look at any of that in the Spartan mod so won't comment one way or another.

Great mod though; anyone who wants to roll with the 25% ammo perk and knows how to moderate their ammo expenditure should be good to go!

• Lolt6
    63 posts

@virtual-chris I mean, even hardcore casuals were testing and enjoying it this mod for simply not going full rambo-mode, it makes more balanced as opposed to be no mod at all.
    And for that, this mod seems not for everyone, who had any preferences (Be it normal casual or hardcore casual and full hardcore)

(Forgive me if I said wrong.)

• MikeWeeks
    101 posts

Am I the only one who sees the unrealistic loadouts are due to the basic game design, and not a reflection of what would (or can) take place IRL? Ammo, mines, C4, etc, etc; you're carrying the items in place of your AI squad-mates, since they can't plant mines, C4, for example. The ammo is due to this being a shooter game; you're that shooter and with the added "feature" of sponge-drones damage levels, it's that ammo by which you get the "honor" of destroying them.

Until just recently the AI squad couldn't even throw a 'nade - now that's changed to a certain degree, but not the basic game design.

• Eagle-eyezx
    29 posts

If we have a lot of YouTubers and those in Delta upload their gameplay of this mod, that would help us a lot to have these settings "updated" into Breakpoint.

I honestly don't think it would even take long for Ubiflop to implement them.

• vahndaar
    120 posts

Yeah I mean the whole gear and inventory system needs overhauled to be honest.

Classes should emerge from gear and equipment loadout choices and there shouldn't be generic skills or buffs.

There should be space and weight restrictions for loadout choices, ie each grenade or mag should take an available space slot and gear should have weight which affects encumbrance and mobility.

Hopefully there can be more focus on that in the next game!

With regards to ammo, i wanted to find a balance whereby you have to be conscious of ammo consumption but where it's not too restrictive. Ammo pickups are still fairly plentiful so you just need to be mindful to top up.

You can tweak the ammo max amounts to suit your playstyle if you right click the mod entry and unhide children. Should be able to find your own balance that way.

• Church367A
    87 posts
    Am I the only one who sees the unrealistic loadouts are due to the basic game design, and not a reflection of what would (or can) take place IRL?

I tend to have this view with many things in the game. Not an actual squad? Solved with carrying two primaries and enough ammo so that neither primary will likely ever run dry. Can't keep eyes on enemies to feed info or have an actual overwatch sniper team? Enemies are now easily permanently marked up once scanned. Not enough in the squad for people to have a battle buddy to give medic attention? Revive drone. Finding it difficult to sneak past enemies? Harry Potter donated his cloak... not to mention enemies have never been informed of such things as noise or light discipline.

You no longer rely on an actual squad or team play, you have enough firepower and scifi tech to overpower everything that comes your way and missions along with enemy count as well as AI are simplified enough to ensure this model of play.

• Lolt6
    63 posts

@eagle-eyezx Yeah but, I doubt that would happen as they only thing to do is making games more unmoddable and even making it anti-modding combine w/ online-only DRM.

(I know it sounds far fetched, but would modding any current Ubi games makes it as piracy? I doubt it though)
    (P.S Kmarko would chastise me if I said modding is piracy related, even w/ Ubi-staff).

• Rookie-31st
    18 posts

I'm surprised it took so long to make such a great mod! It's awesome!

• EllaC90
    11 posts

I've been trying it out a bit and there is no shadow of doubt that it just transforms the game - for the better! The only negative thing I can really say is that there is no way I can go back to the unmodded experience now. x)

The enemy AI remains silly, but at least now they feel like human beings of flesh and blood that are aware of their surroundings rather than the braindead loot-pinatas they were before. I find myself looking twice whenever I cross an open road, I watch out for snipers constantly, I make sure to stay near cover, concealment and escape paths whenever possible. The mod really puts the 'tactical' back in 'tactical shooter'. It's frankly such a liberating, refreshing feeling when your intelligence is actually being respected and there are consequences for not paying attention. I tried doing in faction missions and I worked up a proper sweat trying to figure out the best approach, avoiding unnecessary firefights, switching back and forth between my weapons as demanded by the situation and making use of my whole toolkit.

All in all it makes Breakpoint feel like the game it should have been. Granted there are still shortcomings and things to be desired like more believable AI behavior patterns for both enemies and teammates, enemies and teammates being included in the injury system, an actual heat mechanic and all the rest of it that has been discussed at length. But it's remarkable how something as simple as improving detection can dramatically alter the whole experience and breathe new life into older content. I've had a blast just doing simple faction missions now. Something as simple as stealing an ammo truck becomes a proper operation that requires strategic planning rather than just a petty chore you don't actually care about, but find yourself doing anyway just because it happens to be a source for XP points and loot. It's a whole new way of approaching the content. It's much slower, more methodical, more tactical and immersive and just plain better.

Ubisoft, Vahndaar is you medic coming in with the defibrillators to jolt Breakpoint back to life. Make this stuff official.

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 760 posts

@flanker1six … I believe it was Bone_Frog that said the MP7 is super stealthy… you can take out a guy in one room without disturbing his sleeping body guards in the next room (or something like that). But that is obviously at point blank range.

As for ammo, isn’t the standard infantry load out 6 mags? I’m sure you could maybe go with double stacked mags on your chest rig and two on your belt… for 8 (plus one in the gun)? But I imagine going prone is not going to be pleasant or all that helpful with double stacked mags on the front. What are you thinking would be realistic?

But maybe Vahn can offer a version of the mod with more ammo or customizable ammo. In my experience, I’m constantly picking up ammo so I’m usually not very low unless I get into a prolonged fire fight with reinforcements, then I need to start thinking about breaking contact because I’m not packing as much ammo as the truck load of guys that just showed up (with the roof mounted turret) and I’m win danger of being seriously outgunned.

Suggested Topics