ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Hdwc_
    210 posts

@rev09 Don't tell me you are from EU. If you are let's exchange contacts, at least on Steam I guess...
    If you are not that far either still, could be cool.

@vaessili_fr uses soundboard and other stuff like Resenance.

I too found out about Morphovox but I could not really test it as it was crashing on my old laptop and I could not test it in game, but I think it's due to the situation I am in now (lack of PC after a scam during an upgrade).

Thanks for understanding. Yes it's been hard for many ways, also my approach, but sincerely I haven't seen much interest in a sustained constant joining. I understand maybe it's also becasue a good vibe might be missing, or maybe just becasue I haven't been lucky enough to find people really passionate sharing this same thing or maybe too old, or too busy with other things.
    However I want to cheer for all the people I met, it has been a crazy journey until now. I won't give up because I like extremely immersive gaming \ reality suspending, realism based experiences (which to the surprise of many can happen also in world that are not present based or fantasy)

Oh, I see for the Drone hack, you break the canon thing of "drone hack" and actually pretend you are calling in a drone. It's a good way to manipulate the game along the context \ background one group\player has created or believes in.
    LOL the FBI.

I really hope we can create a thread where we share with a shared format a list of our groups and the house rules we play with , both for GRW and GRB forums. (eventually Ubisoft could realize to revitalize the Task Force pages system, maybe even installing it in the game menus as I suggested in a topic).

I really hope the franchise could take proper maintenance to the values that made it famous and also use the powers of today to make those things of the past flesh out.
    Seriously, I can't believe still now, that there is a Ubisoft game's mod, and that this is not a secret software, ... is this all real, or we are just in an illusion?

• Rev09
    75 posts

@hdwc_

I unfortunately, am not in the EU. I live in the states, Central Time Zone on PC of course.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1242 posts
    @fcac-no-moe

So you are saying, I would have to select the character costume of each of the squad members (ie: Fixit, Fury, Vasily, Nomad) then change each of the palettes when I want to play as one of those members. I still don't understand how this works because, if I want to play as Nomad and move up front, then switch to Vasily on the hill to see what kind of threats are at a distance, I would need to switch him to Nomad and myself to Vasily then run back up the hill to play as that character. What am I missing here, seems tough to pull of for immersion.

Rev09 I really don't know how is done here but, back in the Original Ghost Recon (and if I am remembering correctly) you would command your squad and teammates to certain points in the map and with 1 or 2 key strokes you would immediately leave the character you were on (Say ASR lead) and take the place of one of your other members (say Sniper on over watch), wherever they were w/o the need to walk up to it. A bit Sci-Fi yes but man oh man, it gave you the chance to play all of them and use the weapons to your advantage. Not very real but at that time it was spectacular (and I assume even now it would be), if done right of course.

Oops, sorry, I see my answer came like 2 pages late but in my defense, I responded as soon as I saw your post. Steam has the OGR for pennies on the dollar and of course graphics wise is going to be, well, old, very old but you'll get to see soul swapping at its best and there are multiple Mods to the game done by the community. The game is not for everyone I gotta say, it is dated and it pulls no punches, 1 or 2 shots and you are either dead w/o a revival or miracle syringe and or you are walking and shooting funny. The game demands focus and concentration and there are no rewards, no trinkets and no Rainbow farting lamas, the reward is finishing the mission with you and the whole squad intact... and what a Glorious reward it was, very Rated M game for sure. Done by a mature studio for mature people only, no kiddies allowed so to speak.

Oh and the best part... no Mythological Behemoth! 😊 🤠

• Rev09
    75 posts

@fcac-no-moe

That is exactly how I thought it worked on Breakpoint with gear score on from what I understand. But, it's not implemented here of course and you have to do a bit of menu navigation and pallet switching to really get into that immersion. The irony is, it actually breaks immersion for me doing it this way. But yeah, it would be certainly cool to have it executed the way you explained.

• Hdwc_
    210 posts

@rev09 I have played with 1 player from Siberia East side and also 1 from California in the same EU late afternoon session around 16 or 17 UTC.
    Hopefully will get in touch again with them as they are mostly on pause now, as me, but distance or different knowledge isn't a big barrier, despite I too look for already realism ready players. (I tried to sum up in these new forums profile).
    Some in fact say to "raise" these new friend, sort of "training" them via sharing several sessions, but that really can take a lot of time and it's hard to find these players today willing to learn a common modus operandi. (I will not disdain this method anyway of finding new contacts immersive simulation gaming ready).

I will try to open a topic that should open a list of players around the world that are available to play together in a similar realism based way around the world, with english comms. Hopefully featuring a right format of posting respected from all we could have something already here useful, and then maybe something that could become an official "matchmaking" tool for "hardcore" coop simulators (players).

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 805 posts

@rev09 Wow… I’m going to look into this for sure. Thanks!

• Virtual-Chris

@vahndaar Thank You! The mod has transformed the game for me from a stale mouldy crust to an tasty treat. 🙂 I will now be playing much of the game over again just to enjoy it the way it was meant to be played. All the best to you and yours for the Holidays!

• Rev09
    75 posts

@fcac-no-moe

Oh cool. Thanks for sharing that information. And yeah, the behemoths....................

• Rev09
    75 posts

@hdwc_

That is a great idea!

• Rev09
    75 posts

@virtual-chris

Yes sir! Anytime.

• JaRuTo7
    18 posts

@vahndaar Alright. Another one. Don't know if it's possible but hey, worth a shot.

Make it so player's head with all gear he has equipped doesn't disappear in all cutscenes and on bivouac, for example if he has just a baseball cap then it should be visible in cutscenes (in GR: Wildlands it worked so I don't know why they decide to change that). - this change is stricte for immersion.

That's it. For now. We're gonna play some more and maybe something else will came to our head, something that is doable and simple enough to change it.

• Imagine_Brata
    606 posts

@rev09 yes you can be banned. only cheaters use cheat engine

• Virtual-Chris

@imagine_brata CE is just a tool. It can be used for good or evil. How you use it is up to you 😉

• Rev09
    75 posts

@virtual-chris

I second this.

• Rev09
    75 posts

@imagine_brata

Well, ironically I am not a cheater. I'm using this engine to make the PVE only side harder for me and more realistic. If that is cheating, then I guess I am cheating myself on this one. I am looking into banning myself on a further note. I will keep you posted on the progress of this cheater you speak of.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1242 posts
    @Imagine_Brata yes you can be banned. only cheaters use cheat engine

If you play it Solo or Co-Op how is that Cheating and why would you be ban?

If you have to disable Battle-neck or whatever that crap is called because you want to play PvP, you can't because you disable the anti-cheat so again, there is no cheating. Besides, PvP is a Carnival fest for cheaters, what are you talking about? perhaps you need to come down from that high horse you seem to think you are seating on. 😵 😚

• JaRuTo7
    18 posts

@vahndaar It would be cool if you would increase day / night time at least a double time. Currently I feel day and night cycle is too short. I would like to stay in the night longer and vice versa.

• xDarthBagginsx
    4 posts

@imagine_brata This is the one thing I worry about as I don't want issues with my account, now assuming this would only apply if I were to go into a PvP match is where it would be an issue - I tend to stay away from PvP in this title as it's busted and I know I've already encountered cheaters (using SMG's at long range laser accurately). Now if there is no issue in PvE solo/co-op then I'm all for it.
    I know with GTA V I always had to disable my visual mods in order to go online. Also with this engine on my desktop would it ping other AC's I have to use when I run other titles I tend to compete in?

Ubi needs to add direct mod support as it's worked for many other titles and this is one it would benefit the most.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1242 posts

This is just my personal opinion but I do believe you guys, the one that worry (and for good reason I might add) should read the How To document that Vhandaar has done and then if you have a specific question, he can answer it?. I say this because this way the questions won't be so vague or even too general?

Anyway, I am a province or 2 away from trying the mod myself. a good way of looking at it is that by now, the kinks are being worked on and the Mod can only be better. 🤙

• vahndaar
    129 posts

Most competitive games will ban or restrict accounts found to be cheating whilst taking part in PVP.

The ban normally extends to PVP only and is a fair response for those caught cheating whilst involved in competitive esports or games.

In that respect it is the responsibility of the end user to act, well, responsibly. If players are found to be cheating in a PVP session and subsequently banned then they shouldn't be surprised.

Dark Souls for example has a strict system of instant permaban if the checksum for the regulation file didn't match the server copy. This file is checked across all accounts once a week and there is a zero tolerance approach. If players got caught they permanently lost access to PvP elements. In fact the game dumped those players onto a 'cheaters' server where they could only play against other cheaters.

Despite this, there is a vibrant modding scene for all souls games which has never publicly condoned or condemned by Bandai Namco and the modding toolsets are all community built and there are even devs that help and advise those that build and maintain the modding tools. Those playing with mods play offline, forgoing the PVP and invasion gameplay. However they can still play PVP by switching off mods and going back online.

It's a very interesting almost symbiotic relationship where all parties silently acknowledge the benefits modding brings in terms of longevity and content.

The bottom line is that a healthy modding community allows for user created content and also unofficial patches and fixes to be continuously rolled out long after the Dev teams have moved onto other things. It is quite simply a win win for all concerned. I've yet to see a game with a detrimental modding community.

The only two areas to be mindful of is 1. Ring fencing and protecting PvP, and 2. Ensuring that mods do not interfere with or cause technical problems on the backend, particularly server side for online elements.

However, for the stuff this mod does we aren't even talking about modding in the traditional sense, all this does is expose parameters that could be theoretically added into the game and enjoyed by all users cross platform. For what we want this latter solution would benefit the community but appreciate it would require budget and resource time to implement.

Suggested Topics