ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Rev09
    75 posts
    I have a couple of questions for anyone that might be able to help me!

Based on the feedback about the mod, I’m considering getting a gaming PC in the new year. Originally I was planning to upgrade my PS4 to a PS5.

I’m in the UK. I don’t need a screen, as I’ll hook it up to my TV, but would need a wireless keyboard and mouse.

So my questions are;

Can I get a gaming PC with decent performance, for similar money to the price of a PS5?

What specs do I need to look for?

If you are able to get a PS5 for $499 U.S. then no, you won't be able to get a PC for that with decent performance. If a PS5 is going to run you $1000+ U.S. , then you are knocking on the door to a entry level PC for starters. I was in the same boat honestly. I was going to get a PS5, but since they are $1000 or more here in the U.S., I decided to buy a prebuilt PC. I wanted to build my own, but the cost of doing that went through the roof with the fact you could not get most parts to build one at the time. So I bought a ASUS ROG Strix gaming PC with an I7-9700K and a RTX 2070 Super. I upgraged my ram to 32 gigs for now and the RTX Super has 8 gigs on it. I am able to run Breakpoint at 4K on high settings with my current setup. Once in a blue moon, I will get a "hang up" in game. I don't think it's my Rig. Breakpoint isn't optimized for [censored] on PC and requires a bit to run at full settings. If I max out everything at 4k, it uses up all my video memory on mine. So, I play at 4k with settings at high and it looks pretty damn good to me. I still may get a PS5 once the price gets to $499. But by that time, It will probably make sense just to upgrade my video card. I hope that helps. My PC I bought was an open box at around $1300 I believe. It was in great shape when I got it. Others will chime in on what they believe is the best option for you. This is what I did at the time, and I don't regret it.

• vahndaar
    129 posts

Can I just add, don't go buying a pc just for the mod - it's a hefty investment. Don't get me wrong you likely won't regret it just weigh up options and how much use you'll get out of it.

You're probably talking about £1k to get something equivalent to a PS5 with the largest cost being the graphics card. 3080s have a bit more availability but prices aren't great. Maybe see if you can get a 2080ti, their prices have dropped. Also maybe check the second hand market for parts or systems.

Memory wise you'll want 16gig and CPU wise an i7 or i9 would do the job. Can't comment on AMD but their latest offerings are solid.

Basically, do your research and shop around. But a budget of £1k will get you started and then you can upgrade in future should you want to, which is a nice option to have.

• Rev09
    75 posts
    Can I just add, don't go buying a pc just for the mod - it's a hefty investment. Don't get me wrong you likely won't regret it just weigh up options and how much use you'll get out of it.

You're probably talking about £1k to get something equivalent to a PS5 with the largest cost being the graphics card. 3080s have a bit more availability but prices aren't great. Maybe see if you can get a 2080ti, their prices have dropped. Also maybe check the second hand market for parts or systems.

Memory wise you'll want 16gig and CPU wise an i7 or i9 would do the job. Can't comment on AMD but their latest offerings are solid.

Basically, do your research and shop around. But a budget of £1k will get you started and then you can upgrade in future should you want to, which is a nice option to have.

+1 on this response. I agree also, and I also will add that a P.C. will give you more options when it comes to gaming than a PS5. Having a P.C. will allow you to use mods to further your experience in game. You have several places to buy games and usually at a better price than what Sony will sell it for. The only thing Sony has over P.C. might be exclusives and much better optimization on games. Other than that, nothing really. You can upgrade a P.C. over the years where as on console, you kinda will need to wait till the next gen. comes around at around 7 years or whatever. I say this as I was a Sony guy. I've had Sony Playstations since the first one. Currently have 5 in my house now, and I bought a Pro a while back I still have. I upgraded the hard drive on my Pro to 2 TB Hybrid FireCuda I think it was. Bought all V.R. gear also. I have a massive library I'm not happy about lol. Way too much money on games.....Anyways, I'm very happy with my P.C. right now. It does what I want it to do, I can adjust settings graphically at any time to match run games, install hundreds of mods if I wanted to, do upgrades whenever I want etc... I will note, I miss some of my friends on PS4......that does suck because not everyone can afford a P.C.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1127 posts
    I have a couple of questions for anyone that might be able to help me!

Based on the feedback about the mod, I’m considering getting a gaming PC in the new year. Originally I was planning to upgrade my PS4 to a PS5.

I’m in the UK. I don’t need a screen, as I’ll hook it up to my TV, but would need a wireless keyboard and mouse.

So my questions are;

Can I get a gaming PC with decent performance, for similar money to the price of a PS5?

What specs do I need to look for?

Simple answer is NO, there is no way to get a decent Gaming PC for the price of a PS5 but, there are other ways but, in order to keep to avoid hijacking this post further, and if you want, you may PM me on the other forum and I'll try to help as much as I can

Do let me know that you have as I don't check the other forum often though. I do wish there was even an Off-Topic forum where we could go posts things like this

Well, look at that, yet again a day late and dollar short... here I am trying hard NOT to highjack the thread and it has been already. I feel sheepish 😉

Truth is that 1k to 1.5k could buy you a decent rig and of course if you require to play at 4K with 100+ FPS or 120Mhz etc, etc, then you will need something better but, if not, a GTX1070ti is what I use and I am playing BP at a decent FPSs and on 4K as well. Hell, I bought an expensive AMD combo a while ago (compatible with RTX3060 I do believe) and I haven't wanted to swap the GPU because, well, I am more than happy with what I got right now.

Also, +1 on the fact that you can always upgrade and update your rig every few years and keep it fresh. Mine was about 10 years old and I only updated it because my son purchased for the RTX3070 or 3080 that came with it and told me to pay him when I wanted to. Again, I may not be playing at Ultra Super Duper Ultimate Mega High but then again, neither are you playing with a PS4 or PS5 so anything would be equal or an improvement 😉

Also, jumping from a controller to a KB+M will take some time to adjust and playing it on big screen TV will just add another notch of annoyances. I have to tell you that going from a 24" to a 27" Monitor and 1.5 to 2.5 feet away and jumping to my new man-cave with a 55" TV and 7' to 8' away is not fun. I have had to adjust a lot of settings to be able to get the mouse where I am more comfortable (still not there but much better). Also, check the wireless distance that the KB+M you want to buy can take, otherwise, you may go into a situation as well. Make 100% sure the keyboard and mouse are gaming compatible, have about 4 to 7 buttons to choose from and software for different profiles and DPI settings.

Don't worry if it sounds overwhelming, it is not but it is different from just plugging in a new controller LOL

• Hugo-FOU
    174 posts

Thanks to you all. That’s really good info. I’ll have a look around and work out what I’m prepared to spend. Maybe they’ll be something on sale In January.

I’ve been PlayStation all the way since the first, but I see things in the pipeline like Zero Six and feel I’m going to be missing out, (so it’s not just the mod).

Sorry to have hijacked the thread, but I do appreciate the help. Thanks again.

• Hugo-FOU
    174 posts

@fcac-no-moe Thanks. I’ll definitely take you up on that and let you know. My plan was to stick with a controller. I know KB+M are more precise, but I just prefer a controller.

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 798 posts

@hugo-fou

I use a Tuact Venom X4 for gaming on both my PC and PS5 and it’s the best of both worlds. Mouse precision for aiming, an analog stick for movement, and the buttons of a controller. 🙂

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1127 posts

@virtual-chris

Dang, that Tuact thingamajiggy seems cool, I don't know about the controller part though, too many buttons, then again I use almost all of the qwerty side (and underneath) of the main keyboard.

Chris, how many buttons do the mouse has? can you set different profiles (work, game1, game 2, etc) and different DPIs and, can you also assign some of the mouse buttons to letter of the keyboard? Perhaps the sensitivity is better with this thing and the distance and big screen can be resolved better with it as well

• Rev09
    75 posts

@hugo-fou

I use an xbox one controller on P.C. for Breakpoint and some others. I also use mouse and keyboard too. I will need to check into the X4 the Virtual-Chris mentioned. Sounds like an impressive piece of hardware for custom gaming. FYI, a gaming monitor will be better than a T.V. for doing gaming. I've done both, monitor takes the cake by far. But to keep the costs down, t.v. works very good.

• JaRuTo7
    18 posts

Another change that I would like to see.
    @vahndaar Delay the time of getting backup forces such as heli and vehicles for enemies. It's ridiculous to see that heli is flying towards you so quick. There's no way they will start to fly so fast.

• IllyriusWarrior
    28 posts

ARMA 3 does a lot of things the right way, this is why is reckoned as a solid game, fan bias aside.

One aspect that the game would get more improvement in term of immersion is amping the detection of drones from enemies. You can fly a drone over and the NPC won't notice until it becomes beyond obvious, nor they hear the noise nor can see it while the drone is exposed, let alone the fact the signal would be detected from all those high tech gear and robotics, right now the game with default settings is far from any meaningful setting that can give a sense of immersion.

• Rev09
    75 posts

@v-m-r_jaruto

+1 on this. The backup forces respond way too fast and is very unrealistic. They need to come from a nearby base or at least take some time. It would be cool if they had a search light on the chopper to scan the ground at night. Choppers should also have the ability to have enemies rappel down ropes onto the ground or parachute. This would help with enemies spawning out of thin air. When the Azrael sees you, it shoot a flare on the ground, and voila! enemies spawn out of nowhere. It's over the top and real [censored] mechanics. Secondly, when the bag man takes off in a chopper (especially a Gyps) he spins it up and instantly takes off straight up into the sky like a UFO. Apparently, no one at Ubisoft is familiar with how helicopters work or have working knowledge of firearms either. Just because I have a grip on my weapon doesn't mean it's going to take longer to reload.................

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1127 posts

I believe that some of the things you guys are requesting, while valid for sure and I wish it would have been fixed by now, is something that can not be fixed by the swap of a value. I could be wrong but it is more of a core of the game change than a value?

For instance, the fact that enemy helos can get up the ground like if they were made of paper and gravity is non-existent or the fact that there are no real physics in-game for it and they can maneuver the way they do, like stop on a dime and then go back or make a quick lateral movement, again defying gravity, etc, etc.

All in all, this are the small tweaks I was expecting they would do in Wildlands to take it from the Awesome Exploratory & Customizable game to a more grounded shooter but, alas, it wasn't to be and we now have to enjoy it in BP.

• Rev09
    75 posts

@fcac-no-moe

Yes, it would involve more than a value change likely. I was just relaying that I wish they fix it on the deeper side of things is all. I can deal with it, it's not biggie.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1127 posts

@rev09

Oh no, no, no... I also wish. Hell, I have been wishing that for the longest time so, we are on the same boat, merely pointing out the obvious I guess. 😊

• JaRuTo7
    18 posts

I think delay time of backup forces (increasing the time when they start to fly) is something that could be tweaked if there's a variable for that.

@vahndaar Next on my list is something that also irritates me and make this game more flashy with this holywood game mechanics. I would like to get rid of this and I have an idea how to achieve this.

Change the health of objects such as vehicles (heli, grounded vehicles) so the player cannot shot them and make them blow up with just main, second or secondary weapon rounds. Let's just say helicopters will get a million health points instead of 100 (i just assume that's defualt health in vanilla game) which would mean that in order to deal with heli you have to kill the pilot so it will fall down naturally (i didn't said this mod should be easy but it should be grounded in reality). The same with red barrels, no matter how many shots you will made it won't blow up anymore. What about rocket launchers then? Well, there has to be much more damage for rocket launchers to balance this so if you shot heli, grounded vehicle, (red barrels doesn't matter anymore so no big deal) it will blow up immediately with just a single rocket launcher shot and that can be balanced with the amount of ammo you can carry for a rocket launcher. What about behemots, grounded drones? You should be able to take them down with one or two rocket launchers as well. It's just a tank but a bit more armored this time.
    It doesn't matter if you buy skills to increase blowing up stuff, it won't blow up anymore. Simply as that. That's the general idea how to get back to more grounded reality war so it will feel more like proper Ghost Recon with this Spartan mod and less video gamey BS.

search light on the chopper to scan the ground at night

You read in my mind lol, that could be awesome as well. If there's a single variable for AI heli to turn on search lights forever (you can turn on / off search light as a player when inside heli so this function is in the game already). This will create more tension especially when they trying to search you in the woods at night and you prone to avoid detection. Of course lights for heli won't detect you per se (i don't think there's variable for that to change) so it will just react as fake light that will create that illusion of searching Ghosts on Auroa. It's better that way than heli that is searching for you blindly without any sort night vision equipment, you may think that they have so advanced heli so they have some sort of night vision but I highly doubt it since they didn't mention about this in the story and the soldiers doesn't have also so... it's just plain stupid.

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 798 posts

@fcac-no-moe The Tuact Venom x4 mouse and wand together provide the same number of buttons as a controller. The Mouse has all the buttons that map to a PS4 on the right side of the controller plus a couple of others. It also has 3 DPI settings you can select, and a bunch of other features like no acceleration. The left hand wand is literally the left side of a controller. So it’s like they cut a controller in half and threw out the right side and replaced it with a mouse. It’s the ultimate gaming control system for either console or PC. And because I game solo on PC and coop on PS5, it allows me to switch between platforms seamlessly.

• Hugo-FOU
    174 posts

@virtual-chris That does look good, but I play sitting on my sofa, so it’s easier to lounge with a controller. 😜

• Hugo-FOU
    174 posts

@rev09 If I do go down the PC route, it’ll be set up in my lounge, so a monitor isn’t an option. I don’t know any different at this point so probably best I don’t look a monitors! 🤣

• Rev09
    75 posts
    @rev09 If I do go down the PC route, it’ll be set up in my lounge, so a monitor isn’t an option. I don’t know any different at this point so probably best I don’t look a monitors! 🤣

Hey, that is totally okay. Do what is best for you. It does depend on how far away you will sit and where you will sit too. Best of luck if you choose the P.C. route. It will open up a few more doors for you with options if you can afford one.

Suggested Topics