ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Rev09
    75 posts

I just started another play through using my main on conquest. Story is, I am a former Spetsnaz operator. The best one they have (of course ), and I am air dropped onto Auroa with full loadout to use at my disposal (using my main character). I am to stop the rogue russian military unit from carrying out acts that are edging Russia into a war they are not starting. I changed the audio to russian but left my subtitles and menu on english. It gives the play through a real feel. I am brutal, I will kill civilians if they get in my way or give my position away. I'm to carry out my orders at any cost regardless of who is in my way. While I do not go out of my way to kill civilians, if they say "Hey!, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!!?" I drop them, and move on. I always play the good guy in every play through. Thought I would try a different approach. I also only use russian guns, gear, camo, patches etc...to keep it authentic. Just an idea i'm trying so far.

• Hdwc_
    176 posts

@topeira1980 Thanks for the answers about detection alert horrible sound that are in ubiosft games (I wish in GRW the same was possible!! - @V-M-R_JaRuTo .. that would great) and also about the hit fantasy sound marker, that's good... (it's still crazy that the menu audio lowers these sounds ahaha, not wanna say that it doesn't satisfy me, it does).
    as Vandahar was saying, this stuff is hardcoded inside the game, and one needs to really go in it I guess...

However watching this video, well I understand the things are not all "Rose and flowers" as we say in my country (it's not a cake walk):

I actually play without HUD (and look for realism simulating players too since 3 years with some success), even minimap for me is pure handholding unless it reproduces as Car (GPS) or the as we pretend, reproduces the Helicopter or else monitor, otherwise also that is out (compulsory).

I do even stuff like moving to pad when driving vehicles and drone, parachuting... (but of course that is personal I can't impose these degree of immersion, just share them, not even suggest them)...

However I am ok with "simulation" making up to "issues" seen in the video above, not just adjustment (5 to 3 for example), but imagining that enemy can hear "my sounds"...etc.

I am sure a formula can be found... Simply like: insert at night and so on. One really needs to be in the simulation of realism, like I love to do, and it's rare to find players that get it, despite there are many. However not all want to play with a realism approach, so using the night for most ops (depending on threat and mission...)
    I am sure the mod will work if one immerse in the realism...

It's good to see still "stress testers" like in the video linked up here showing one thing that doesn't work (besides all the silly broken things of the game - the water Avatar infinite fall, map not finished - that location should be signalled to Ubisoft to tell them to fix that first mission location bug).

@Rev09 Nice realism simulation twist, you clearly have the package to create and then implement stuff and the mindset.
    I support the idea that I read from other talks of changing the NPC audio (unfortunately the game also changes the entire scenes audio in that language).
    I also have a similar idea for the NPC audio- playing first phase of resistance (avoiding episode 1 and 2, as discussed in other topics) to put the game in spanish to connect it to wildlands: no need for great imagination how this story approach would play...

@Hugo-FOU spoiler

• Rev09
    75 posts

@Rev09 Nice realism simulation twist, you clearly have the package to create and then implement stuff and the mindset.
    I support the idea that I read from other talks of changing the NPC audio (unfortunately the game also changes the entire scenes audio in that language).
    I also have a similar idea for the NPC audio- playing first phase of resistance (avoiding episode 1 and 2, as discussed in other topics) to put the game in spanish to connect it to wildlands: no need for great imagination how this story approach would play...

Yeah, there are many great ideas to keep the replayability going for sure.

• Rev09
    75 posts

My Spetsnaz operator in one of the outfits.

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 798 posts

@rev09… Love it! This actually makes a lot of sense.

• Rev09
    75 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Rev09
    75 posts

@virtual-chris

Thanks brother! And I must note that I'm using THE SPARTAN REALISM MOD!! WOOOOT!!!!!!

• Hdwc_
    176 posts

@rev09

I use an xbox one controller on P.C.

This is something (For realism, clinging to stay in topic, ) I do for immersion as said in previous post: I do switch from K&m to pad during gameplay when doing co-op but also in case I am alone In GRW to simulate putting in the key in the car or switching on board computer systems for a air vehicle or launching the drone to simulate that time that passes ... you got me...
    This is a suggestion I give to all those that love immersion and are on PC.

@Hugo-FOU
    spoiler

• Rev09
    75 posts

@hdwc_

I do actually do that. Great point though.

• Hdwc_
    176 posts

@illyriuswarrior Yeah, regarding drones, actually GRW does have a detection radius of enemy .. i dnt know how silly is the GRB game but as far as I see it was an alpha thrown there, and I do not understand why we are here really, instead to focus on GRW and improvbe it.. since we could have so much fun there. And we would be giving such a stronger signal, also because there is no big fantasy there no Super sayan\ Power ranger enemy skins which instead GRB is filled with... from the Bodarks to much more unrealistic stuff no story.

It's great to see how many names of different users\players have come here from everywhere... to write something. This is a very resourceful and cool community, I just hope we can put our effort on quality stuff instead to spend time with things that suck all the energy but stay procedural lackluster.
    So far I loved what I read from y'all, like really all... everyhwere in the forums, sharing ideas on how to immerse, more do alternative stories more believable approaches to the game and so on... all suggestions and interpretations that just enhanche or even change my perspective sometimes on how to live a game or another and improve ultimately the experience of the player. I love this sort of immersive lab a community can be.

Regarding game bugs, for GRB we must create bugs pages to report stuff so the live teams of maintenance can go in map spots for exmaple and close the "infinite fall" locations (to say one).

• Hdwc_
    176 posts

@V-M-R_JaRuTo I read maybe 2-3 words of your text and I can understand from a far that you know what you do and what is all the player experience about.
    Playing with illusions because that is what game do (just think guys, to the masterpiece that Monolith production did with the invention of "nemesys system" in SOM and then SOW... - making player think that the AI knows what we do or who we are and also playing with the "game over" embedding it within the game story...)
    Back to our GR stuff, indeed there are many ways that the developer can play, or even the modder can fool the player into thinking something is true and believable.

The fact that they see us through vegetation as I was saying maybe already before can be just that we should not go during the day . also because they can hear and ID location of the sounds we make or they have perimetral cameras or snipers and spotters that give out our location ... (in back ground)....

There is some work that the player can do to explain why the game with level 5 of mod awareness\difficulty has enemy seeing us through foliage and ... it still could work as explanation despite feeling crude that the enemy can see you through: of course it's in plain daylight!... and not just that...

I feel I could spend a day with you talking of all the stuff that cna be improved really also with little effort I sware it can, it could ... and yes I agree like GRW there is stuff that is way to simplified, way too abusing of narrative\mechanical ellipsis, and also way too arcadey. Arcade shouldn' t be there at all. I dnt really like when pllayers say that it should be balanced between immersive and playable... It's ok it's accesible it's understandable to say that but it becomes a problem when pushing the realism becomes impossible because the game needs to stay "easy to play".

A game should be based on player skill, not avatar overpowering skills! This is one problem.
    Like AC : AC in Unity has\had the amazing syncrhonizing of Player to avatar (just like the AC creed \ lore tells) if you wanted to perform the coolest parkour possible you actually could do it in the game just by learning the timing in which to do specific combo and like that you could design the coolest escapes and stuff ... so a GR game needs to do for insertion and so on.. not making everything possible but instead allowing to experience incredible stuff only to the players that immerses ad spends more to develop his\her own skills (OF PLAYER) in the game

U put on a car C4 and drive it in a place, jump off and make it explode like a Car IED... but enemies acts like no surprise was there at all: that's immersion breaking. Enemy should be frigthened, especially if u head shot people or if u kill the main elements of the clan\group... there was indeed this in GRW, as it reads like this in the descriptions that appear under "veterans" (enemies could flee or surrender if you ... ) , but then if u bring SBV or SBS (v is for veteran, s for sicario) out of the game, that doesn't really bring any effect on the rest of their fellows.

Player skill needs to be rewarded silently into the game with experiences, graphic or interaction and mechanics that only those that apply themselves to learning how to play like a real SF should be able to see and experience...

Flattening a game for all so all see the same despite being able to "OuTfIT" their "doll" like they want is the worst direction a SF based game can do. It gotta be about skill and skill refining just like SF is.
    GRW was going so well in the right direction...

One thing I do for example for realism is in Helicopter I do not raise the helicopter immediately. I let the rotor get to full speed before getting up:
    how i simulate this is keeping the pad down so that the helicopter presses to the ground and then, only when it feels realistic (usually at least 10 seconds or more , only then I raise)... depending on the helicopter: and using classic controls makes it even more realistic in GRW as the helicopter behaves more like a realistic (much simplified) flight of a helicopter and control of it.

• Rev09
    75 posts

@hdwc_

Yes, they can see through foliage perfectly despite the mod......it makes playing conquest that much harder in the harsher weather as they can see through that also while you can't. I feel you on this one...
    I've put C4 on vehicles when patrols get out and they lost track of me, only to find I rigged their ride. BOOM! I enjoy the surprise on their end.
    The helicopter takes off way to fast and breaks immersion. I like your idea of waiting for realistic lift letting the rotor turn for several seconds vs. doing UFO takeoffs. They need to fix a bunch of things that are immersion breaking for sure.

• JaRuTo7
    18 posts

@Hdwc_ Yes, that's true that they see you through vegetation or foliage but honestly that's not a big an issue for me since I've got used to this AI in games in the past (before when AI wasn't heavily scripted, I'm talking about tac games from 2000 year era) so I'm mostly attacking bases at day with my teammate AI that I finally found them somewhat useful at long firefight engagements (I'm playing default settings from the mod so long engagements are at value 3 and only ammo max for 5.56 and 7.62 to 210 rounds).
    But despite of all of that... everything else you said is correct. Gaming industry has changed so much that I don't know if Ubisoft is going to go back truly to the roots with next Ghost Recon, unless they will announced that Ghost Recon next games will get mod support.
    Anyway, let's focus on what Spartan mod could bring to the table instead of wasting our time on dreams that will never came out of our minds.

• Rev09
    75 posts

@vahndaar

Question: The detection for darkness is set at 30 for default value. I take it, that they can't see you unless you are within 30 meters. Am I correct? Or is there a another variable here? I was spotted through some serious trees at 0200 hours by Bodarks. It was dark and I was further than 30 meters. I don't understand what happened, so I chalked it off as a bug. The Bodark caller requested backup and magically a truck appears out of thin air. Literally, 3 seconds. It really broke the immersion for me. Wish they would fix some of the ridiculous stuff in the game.

Also, when I enable the Spartan Cheat Engine with the "X" placed in the box, do I need to put an "X" in each box down in the list to activate it? Or does the first "X" in the box cover the rest of the parameters? Just making sure my values are running correctly.

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 798 posts

@rev09

Im not sure how that number “30” correlates to a distance… it might be a percentage rather than a raw measure. Vahndaar probably knows. But the effect in testing was that value kept night detection at about the same as the vanilla game… which was about 60m. Now, the other interesting mechanic we discovered with extending detection range was that there is also a darkness factor that never came into play before. Being under flood lights at a facility at night doesn’t afford you the same buff to detection at night vs being out in the wilderness. Which makes total sense. The detection in the vanilla game is so nerfed, this never plays a role. So I don’t think there’s a hard detection distance at night… it seems to vary based on actual lighting conditions.

• Rev09
    75 posts

@virtual-chris

I've been playing with the value now. It does not correlate to 30 meters in my testing. I'm starting to think when the moon is out and it's lit up at night (Darkest night is on -what a joke it is though) I'm being spotted under the moon's light onto the ground and the game recognizes that, somehow as a floodlight in a base or equivalent. Still running testing on it to figure out what caused it. But I sure do appreciate the response.

• vahndaar
    129 posts

The darkness factor is a percentage. In the base game night makes the player 85% visible, so only a 15% reduction in visibility. In the mod it's 30% visible - a 70% reduction in visibility to counter the increased visibility distance multiplier.

For example if you set it to 100 then there's no difference between night and day detection. Set it to 0 and you're invisible at night.

• vahndaar
    129 posts

Just to add, the game actually has a very detailed visibility system which most players won't even notice. The game calculates the general brightness of the area the player is in and it's affected by light sources including electric lights, the moon and lightning. As the player moves from dark to light their visibility gradually increases from the visibility factor in darkness to daytime visibility.

For example, when there's lightning in the sky the player's visibility will momentarily become 100% visible same as daytime whilst the flash is active. It's quite impressive and a shame these detailed systems aren't allowed to shine a bit more. Even the shadows of trees or geometry can have a very slight effect on how visible the player is.

• Rookie-31st
    18 posts

Yeah, it's a shame that this visibility system is not utilized in full because someone decided that having scores of nearly blind enemies 150 meters from each other is better than a few enemies 750 meters away but with normal vision. Like now, with this mod, entering a cave for the Cromwell mission turned out to be the most intense experience I've had so far. Don't go there during the day, seriously.

• Evilducky2
    27 posts

The echelon class utilizes this system does it not? You get the stealth bonus in the shadows.

Also it would be interesting if you could get rid of the mag loss on switching guns in the Bivi. I've been trying to figure out how to add new things to this and what actually controls things but i cannot =P I just figured out how to change values.

Suggested Topics