ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Rev09
    75 posts
    Yeah, it's a shame that this visibility system is not utilized in full because someone decided that having scores of nearly blind enemies 150 meters from each other is better than a few enemies 750 meters away but with normal vision. Like now, with this mod, entering a cave for the Cromwell mission turned out to be the most intense experience I've had so far. Don't go there during the day, seriously.

Yes, I actually had the same experience trying the mod out with a friend. He had never used the mod before and realized pretty quick, you can't just run around anymore during the day at will. It takes more planning now. He likes the mod and is getting used to it.

• JaRuTo7
    18 posts

@vahndaar If there's a way try to "turn on friendly fire" in Spartan Mod. Do it. That will give players more stakes when you have to be careful to not wound or kill your teammates in the battle.
    Currently it's not possible to kill your teammate using bullets.

Removing white flash effect when sniper is about to shoot player will also enhanced the realism of the world of Auroa.

• Rev09
    75 posts
    @vahndaar If there's a way try to "turn on friendly fire" in Spartan Mod. Do it. That will give players more stakes when you have to be careful to not wound or kill your teammates in the battle.
    Currently it's not possible to kill your teammate using bullets.

Removing white flash effect when sniper is about to shoot player will also enhanced the realism of the world of Auroa.

Not sure if he is able to. But +1 on friendly fire though.

• Hugo-FOU
    174 posts

@vahndaar This is amazing. Such a fantastic system hidden away by poor decisions. It really makes me wonder what kind of buffoon they have, or have had calling the shots. It also shows that the skills are there to make a great game, if only they’d let it happen.

• carlosart1989
    157 posts

Does anyone agree that the Ghost Recon Wildlands, Ghost Recon Narco Road and Ghost Recon Fallen UNIDAD shootouts mechanism must be brought back into Ghost Recon Wildlands?

I want to see that UNIDAD shootouts mechanism being brought back into Ghost Recon Breakpoint.

• AI.BLUEFOX
    214 posts

@hugo-fou it is the most frustrating thing for me about both Wildlands and Breakpoint. All the mechanics are there, but the gameplay loop is overly controlled.

Giving the players access to their own settings would revolutionise the experience for a lot of players.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1261 posts
    @Hugo-FOU This is amazing. Such a fantastic system hidden away by poor decisions. It really makes me wonder what kind of buffoon they have, or have had calling the shots. It also shows that the skills are there to make a great game, if only they’d let it happen.

One has to wonder and question it huh! I mean, what is behind door # 1 that they want to keep shut and defend against all odds.

Again, look at what has been accomplished here in BP, imagine what could WL be as well and the next one, which, I am almost 100% sure it will be more of the same or just a tad of what you guys call an improvement over Motherland. Ad Nauseum

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 805 posts

@ai-bluefox

Agreed... that's the biggest revelation from this mod... is that a lot of the stuff we've been asking for (and some mechanics we didn't even dream of) is in the game. It's all there and it doesn't cause the game to crash or become unplayable if you start changing things. Mind-boggling.

• Rev09
    75 posts
    @ai-bluefox

Agreed... that's the biggest revelation from this mod... is that a lot of the stuff we've been asking for (and some mechanics we didn't even dream of) is in the game. It's all there and it doesn't cause the game to crash or become unplayable if you start changing things. Mind-boggling.

+1 on providing us with some things we've been asking for. And like Chris said, it doesn't create problems when using the mod (crashes,bugs etc....)

• gmsam
    2 posts

Hello everyone. Does anyone know how to remove these icons from the map? Maybe you need to fix some value in some file from the game folder?

• Rev09
    75 posts

@gmsam

I do not at the moment. I'm sure that will require a hard fix.

• Hugo-FOU
    174 posts
    @ai-bluefox it is the most frustrating thing for me about both Wildlands and Breakpoint. All the mechanics are there, but the gameplay loop is overly controlled. 

Giving the players access to their own settings would revolutionise the experience for a lot of players.

It’s actually kind of insulting. It’s like they don’t believe their players are capable. That needs to change.

• Steven527
    381 posts

@hugo-fou I went back to story mode and then went into liberty. What a different experience with the mod. I didn't even need the tactician guy. Additional sentinel troops kept joining in the fight getting sucked in by the unsuppressed fire of other sentinel troops. Drones gone, additional bullet sponge enemies gone and an escalating firefight. Having to be aware of sniper positions as now they can see much further. Nice.

• EN075
    152 posts

@steven527 Sounds really good!

• Hdwc_
    239 posts

@virtual-chris Reading and re reading these kind of posts, I am thinking, but I am surely not the first, if this mod could allow changing on the go without relaunching the game, the various settings so one could adapt the detection on the situation, but of course this is not possible. If enemy had NVG then one puts something, if an area has lot of vegetation one will surely use it with his\her own team so the setting will be another, if it's a night op then it will have another setting especially if not NOD equipped enemy, if one wants to play the "social stealth" card RP then it's another very easy low setting so to enable detection only at 1 meter... etc.

Unfortunately one will have to set stuff Ex Ante I think in order to use the mod... but I understand this is just a too crazy request\concept.

I just wish they started to develop the immersive mode on a completely different executable.. so that there are no more excuses on delays of new content and especially improvement of what is already there.

One thing I would love is being able to remove all fantasy masked stuff from game and only have troopers for example... for Russian forces, and no masked stuff AT ALL.

• EN075
    152 posts

@hdwc_ Makes me wonder... could you just maintain two copies of the game with two separate shortcuts on the same account?

• Hdwc_
    239 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Hdwc_
    239 posts

@EN075 I don't think you can. I war referring to devs to develop the immersive (true GR experience) when saying to have 2 different executables .. so that they test stuff limitedly to one game instead to have to test in every single mode of the game everything (anyway this was said already as I recall now from vanahar or others before in this or other threads)... this is a big problem that nowadays type of development should have already understood and sorted out if a studio\company and franchise was serious on what they are producing.

@vahndaar It is pretty clear that having a way too large number of studios working on a same title, and I won't believe even if they show me documentation that it has been just paris or just one in gengeral because it' s not (!), has caused big damage to the company. They need to cut down the studios or just have one team focus on it (this has already been said). It's clear they have made very good stuff but some studios could not actually be coordinated by those that (project managers or else) had the role of coordinating teams accross the (ubisoft) globe. Incredible thing that one of light. Indeed one might even say "I role play" by moving in darkness, but actually the game treats it not as a role playing but as a true and working mechanic. Very cool to know this. It's appalling on has to read the code to be able to understand it... tell me u learned it like that, not by playing...

No .. way @V-M-R_JaRuTo no way?! The game has no friendly fire ? No... I can't live with that, sincerely I hate this power fantasy handholding stuff.
    If GR breakpoint will not have blue on blue then it's bust...

@virtual-chris Sincerely, no offense to anyone really, but I wonder what the heck has ubisoft done with Delta company, what is delta company doing there if they do not put their hands or at least voices on these crucial topics. It's just a image washing tactic this delta company thing? Is delta company actually taking care of this stuff or what?
    Writing:
    Story needs professionals to be done, that's ubisoft investment \\ we can still advise on missions...
    Mechanics:
    also needs professionals, but on this players ex players and very knowledgable people really can offer good advise.

Put 100 developers of which 50 must be leading the maintenance and so on and be the milsim knowledgable ones, on GRB
    and take other 50 on Wildlands too. (no bullet sponge, and.. well there is not much to change or add, besides ammo loss more realism.. )

You can keep the community attached to GRB and GRW for the next 5 years before a new game comes out (as already 3 has passed, and any good designed game needs at least 8 years from pitch to release to be done).

I totally agree with what V.M suggests.

@Rev09 what I do with the car is also (since using the pad to control it) is actually pressing lightly the trigger (ok this is discovery of hot water...) to give a major realistic effect (in most part of it is possible in GRW) to the acceleration and driving in general.
    Reaching highest level of speed is just unrealistic.

Another thing I do is bringing (just like with AC the eagle) the drone back to the hands of the soldier or Avatar... before actually presing the button drone off (it might feel pedant and time consuming but it feels extremely immersive).

@gmsam I think you do have, but anyway I have the same simulation, hardcore, immersive need and feeling, I hate to "close an eye on a b c d e... so many things"... now I discovered also blue on blue doesn't exist in co-op WTH!!!
    For the map I totally agree there should be no icons, I can't believe there are.. but usually ubisoft allowed to personalize with a little button what was visibile on maps.
    The map should not even have names on it because you have just fallen onto it. Also the fog of war should not be there really... Anyway.. There is clear lack of coordination within the developers team.

If an idea and concept is started: why don't they pursue it with one mind and one deciding for all what is the plan of the experience?
    It feels like a "mega" show case game, "where one can do stuff" in it. OK the sandbox ok this and that, but there must be a one purpose, one job, one editorial line, otherwise bye bye videogame design.

• Rev09
    75 posts
    The darkness factor is a percentage. In the base game night makes the player 85% visible, so only a 15% reduction in visibility. In the mod it's 30% visible - a 70% reduction in visibility to counter the increased visibility distance multiplier.

For example if you set it to 100 then there's no difference between night and day detection. Set it to 0 and you're invisible at night.

Thanks sir for the explanation on that. I'm still messing with it.

• gmsam
    2 posts

@hdwc_I play this game as a stealth action game, as a shooter it doesn’t me, and in order to strengthen the element of survival, in the fashion I set the stock of cartridges to zero on each type of cartridges. Now, after each death on the raspawn, ammunition is completely absent.
    Now I am forced to pick up weapons from killed opponents, and they always have an average of 5 to 30 rounds of ammunition in their clip, depending on the weapon raised. Due to the fact that I set the value of Ammo Max and Ammo Initial to the value "0", then the replenishment of ammunition from the corpses of opponents / in the bivouac / in the warehouses does not occur. I have to count literally every shot.

Due to the fact that the radius of propagation of the sound of a shot is increased in the mod and due to the fact that I respawn with a complete lack of ammunition and can only replenish them by picking up weapons with my hands, snipers, opponents with submachine guns, opponents with shotguns and opponents with pistols on locations they became separate points of interest, because I am interested in passing the game only in stealth mode (if the enemy found me, I throw a grenade at my feet or wait for me to be killed to start clearing the location again). And the above arsenal allows you to reduce the radius of sound propagation due to the use of subsonic ammunition (except for sniper rifles, of course).

Now gadgets have become not a pleasant bonus, but a real necessity. I deliberately do not pump the skill responsible for the ability to buy these gadgets in the store in order to have to get them in the process of clearing the location, which also adds interest to the passage of this location. I used the same method of getting gadgets in the game without this mod, but they were just additional entertainment, and not an urgent need.

To increase the dive, I used some settings (stamina, Health ragen, Health ragen delay) from here https://www.nexusmods.com/ghostreconbreakpoint/mods/4/?tab=forum&topic_id=10855913.: (https://nexusmods.com/ghostreconbreakpoint/mods/4?tab=forum&topic_id=10855913.)
    The need to find water at the location has grown at times and now you pay more attention to movement on steep slopes and jumping from a height.

But there is a huge drawback when you set Ammo Max to "0" - blueprints for weapons and chests with a gun are now useless. When you choose the blueprints of the weapon in the camp, you leave the camp, you find that the weapon you have chosen is completely lacking in ammunition. The same happens when you pick up a weapon from a chest at a location. But personally, this drawback does not bother me much, tk. for 600 hours spent in a single-player game, I got tired of all these weapons according to the drawings. And from the chests, I almost never picked up a weapon. I found that the weapons that I pick up from the killed opponents, I almost never used before, because there were more interesting options for me, assembled according to the drawings. This Ammo Max setting of "0" gave me a good reason to familiarize myself with this previously overlooked arsenal.

The disadvantage associated with the illogicality of the zero amount of ammunition for the protoganist and the practically empty clips of the opponents in the locations they protect, I try to ignore)

In summary, with this mod, Breakpont finally made me sweat.

English is not my first language, sorry

Suggested Topics