Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 761 posts

@rashano90 … Awesome! That’s exactly how I feel about it.

• rugby_dog
    81 posts

I really wish you didn’t automatically pick up ammo as you walk over it. Would again add some adult to this kids game.

• Seraphiel
    14 posts

This mod sounds like it's just up my alley. I only wish it had come out before Operation Motherland did as I would have played Operation Motherland with the mod active from day 1. As it is I will continue my playthrough of OM mod-free as I'm recording it. I will probably start a new game at a later date with the mod active to try it out.

• Lolt6
    66 posts

@seraphiel Yes, please continue your OM unmodded record gameplay like everyone else.
    But if you try to play OM w/ this mod, don't record it, otherwise Ubi thinks you're cheating the game but opposite way (Making this game unbeatable on hardcore mod for normal casual players).

• WFL-GGN
    21 posts

Great concept, but given that it relies on Cheat Engine I'd hesitate to use it myself (considering I make a partial living covering games like Breakpoint). There's some risks in bypassing battle eye and utilizing Cheat Engine, and Ubisoft isn't necessarily going to know what the intentions were behind a person using it.

Here's hoping Ubisoft takes notice and adds the features in to Ghost Experience. I'm encouraging my readership/viewership to do the same, too.

• Flanker1Six
    219 posts
    @virtual chris..."I believe it was Bone_Frog that said the MP7 is super stealthy… you can take out a guy in one room without disturbing his sleeping body guards in the next room (or something like that). But that is obviously at point blank range.

As for ammo, isn’t the standard infantry load out 6 mags? I’m sure you could maybe go with double stacked mags on your chest rig and two on your belt… for 8 (plus one in the gun)? But I imagine going prone is not going to be pleasant or all that helpful with double stacked mags on the front. What are you thinking would be realistic?

But maybe Vahn can offer a version of the mod with more ammo or customizable ammo. In my experience, I’m constantly picking up ammo so I’m usually not very low unless I get into a prolonged fire fight with reinforcements, then I need to start thinking about breaking contact because I’m not packing as much ammo as the truck load of guys that just showed up (with the roof mounted turret) and I’m win danger of being seriously outgunned."

Yea, that's why I mentioned that we always rode around in uparmored trucks. If I had the SAW; not only did I have 2 200rd hard packs but had another 10 100rd belts in cans in the truck (never fired a shot BTW; except at the range!). I was colocated with a wide variety of coalition units at one time or another and 6 to 7 AR mags and maybe a couple of frags seemed to be the norm for anyone who was actually patrolling on foot. Though they had plenty of firepower on call and hauled a **** ton of spare ammo with them in their vehicles if they'd dismounted to patrol.

Vahn mentioned above that ammo amounts can be tweaked by "if you right click the mod entry and unhide children." What?! 🤔 Unhide the kids and you get more ammo? How's that work?! 🤣 I'll check that out and see how my ammo count looks then.

• Flanker1Six
    219 posts

OK; not getting how to implement vahndaars comment to "R click on the mod entry and unhide children". HELP!

What is meant my "mod entry" and where is it located. There is a settings tab in the upper R corner of the CE 7.3 main window and an Advanced Options tab in the lower L corner of the CE 7.3 window. I've looked at both and don't see any reference to "unhide the children". I've tried R clicking on several things in the CE 7.3 window (as well as the CE.exe) and nothing has popped up saying "unhide the children" so I'm definitely doing something wrong. TY!

• NEMESIS-1987
    1 posts

3rd Parties can now Mod GR BreakPoint?

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 761 posts

@flanker1six … on my version of the mod, when you click the checkbox entry in CE for the mod to activate it, it expands to show all the values it’s changing underneath that. Does yours do this? Maybe you need to right click the mod entry to expand the tree? I’m not sure if I have a special build or not is why I ask. But if you can expand the tree, find the value you want to change, hit enter on that line item, type a new value and it should change in game.

• vahndaar
    120 posts

Right click the entry with the red cross and uncheck the hide children option to list the variables.

• Rookie-31st
    18 posts
    3rd Parties can now Mod GR BreakPoint?

It's not a mod in traditional sense, if you read the description and installation instructions.

However, it's greatly needed gameplay improvement. It makes the enemies in the game look less dumb, improving the game world interactions. I just wish the island had less stationary enemy positions (those guys chilling with bikes and vehicles in the wild). It still feels weird when you come to see Josiah first time by the lake and it has enemies stationed all around, with perfect visibility of the cabin and the campsite while you camp there, but you're totally safe.

• ArgimonEd
    131 posts

@rookie-31st Yes, wish I could download this for xbox.
    It's greatly needed.
    Wish the devs would incorporarem this and the day night cycle.
    Wow, that would make such a huge impact on gameplay

• ShortFuse1972
    45 posts

This mod sounds exactly like something I want from this game. Unfortunately, I’m on console. 😞

• Flanker1Six
    219 posts
    Virtual-Chris.."on my version of the mod, when you click the checkbox entry in CE for the mod to activate it, it expands to show all the values it’s changing underneath that. Does yours do this? Maybe you need to right click the mod entry to expand the tree? I’m not sure if I have a special build or not is why I ask. But if you can expand the tree, find the value you want to change, hit enter on that line item, type a new value and it should change in game."

Found 'em. TY!

Two listings for each caliber; one for a restock ammo amount, and the other for max ammo. Fairly easy to figure out how to edit the amount/s then. Sure wish Ubi had built a more detailed and accurate cartridge system into the game instead of the "here's your 5 cailibers---deal with it" system. Adjusting max .45 ammo to 8-10 mags for the UMP gives you the same max .45 ammo for all the .45 pistols (a ridiculous amount). Likewise for the other calibers. Heck! In FC 3 and 4 you can adjust ammo amounts individually per weapon; thought there are no calibers at all. Just "rifle", "pistol" "MG", etc ammo categories. Really missing the ammo quantity and type fine tuning possible in Fall Out New Vegas. Oh well......................imperfect world!

• vahndaar
    120 posts

Yeah I know, as it stands it's really tricky to find a balance without unbalancing other things.

7.62 is a prime example, it's used in 15 round mags for most DMRs, also in 30 round mags for some ASRs and then LMGs use it as well in 80 round belts but ammo is just a pool. I set it based on 15 round mags but I need to up it as it's very common in many weapons and too restrictive as it stands. I'm going to set it to 120 base same as 9mm and 5.56. But folks need to play around to get the sweet spot for themselves.

It's messy. The solution would be a mag based system where you have inventory of mag types or alternatively more granular calibres that cater for different weapon classes.

Again, possibly something to delve into for a sequel.

• Flanker1Six
    219 posts
    vahndaar--"Yeah I know, as it stands it's really tricky to find a balance without unbalancing other things.

7.62 is a prime example, it's used in 15 round mags for most DMRs, also in 30 round mags for some ASRs and then LMGs use it as well in 80 round belts but ammo is just a pool. I set it based on 15 round mags but I need to up it as it's very common in many weapons and too restrictive as it stands. I'm going to set it to 120 base same as 9mm and 5.56. But folks need to play around to get the sweet spot for themselves.

It's messy. The solution would be a mag based system where you have inventory of mag types or alternatively more granular calibres that cater for different weapon classes.

Again, possibly something to delve into for a sequel."

Nailed it! 👍

LOL! An unintended consequence (for me) with the new enemy NPC auditory and visual horizons (which I welcome!).................................kinda facilitates my natural Ranger Rick style of game play. e.g. "Well, I was thinkin' about stealth when **** jumped off!" 🙄 😸

Hey Ubi! I'd give all this excessive crap (nades, flashbangs, mines, etc etc) you've got us kitted with for ONE effective MANPADS for at least one Team Member!

• vahndaar
    120 posts

Yeah they cotton on real quick. The AI isn't perfect but the increased distance seems to give them room to breathe and manoeuvre. They still get stuck in cover sometimes but that's been an issue since launch.

The number of times I've gone in with best intentions, planning and casually sniping from a distance to pick off snipers, meanwhile some random dudes have wandered up behind to check out what's happening then all hell breaks loose. It's great! 😂

Also, now actually feels like an achievement clearing locations without causing too much chaos but when it does come the firefights are intense so both stealth and going loud are rewarding.

I actually find myself switching to sidearms when in close quarters for the quiet takedown, something I haven't done since Wildlands.

From a principles point of view the AI needs to be tough, at least in terms of senses because then it forces the player to use tactics and skill to create a advantage whether in combat or stealth. Otherwise loadout and tactics don't matter because you can win via any means.

You certainly can't cruise through bases now without some dedicated planning and actual recon.

• Rookie-31st
    18 posts

With this mod, enemies spot me when I just sit there looking at them from 100 meters away during the daytime. It's awesome! I spend most of the time crouching in the mission areas, from cover to cover. I'm probably too cautious, but feeling hunted was the central idea of this game from the beginning, right?

I finally enjoy playing this game. It's more intense now. Not sure for how long I will survive.

• ArgimonEd
    131 posts

@rookie-31st ugh, I envy you guys.
    The same way I envy the people who play ISMC in insurgency

• raptor2-40delta
    27 posts

Quick question.. if this mod becomes popular, is there any chance that Ubisoft will bring this as an update so that console players can use this as well?
    @Virtual-Chris

Suggested Topics