ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Flanker1Six
    228 posts
    @vahndaar --"Make you visually invisible, they still hear you or get alerted by near misses. It's quite funny, they wander around looking for the source as if you're vehicle isn't there."

I'll give you 100K if you can do that to my car IRL! Take THAT! Po Leece! 😀

• Hugo-FOU
    174 posts
    @vahndaar And games don't necessarily improve as you throw more bodies at them, it just increases overhead, administrative and management effort and bureaucracy whilst introducing logistics, comms and planning complexities. You need to create unnecessary layers of middle management to coordinate everything and the creative vision gets obscured by all this and it's easy to loose perspective.

Never were truer words spoken, (or written). A shining example of this being Wildlands and Breakpoint.
    If I remember correctly, Wildlands had just a few hundred devs and benefitted from a clear vision and cohesive experience, whilst BP had over a thousand and well, we know how it was at release.
    In fact, it wouldn’t surprise me at all if one of the reasons the more recent updates have been so much better, is because there are far less devs working on BP now. Less cooks to spoil the broth maybe!

• vahndaar
    129 posts

Yeah you might be right, few folks just working away building content. Plus there's no corporate expectations any more so they likely have a bit more creative freedom.

I'd like them to keep at it, they're putting out good work. Let's get Moa island next year!

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1165 posts

Vahndaar,

So is that a Hard No! to the tweaking of WL? 😜 😎

• Rookie-31st
    18 posts

It's been a while since I noticed something fishy about vehicles. I could use a woody boat and drive up right next to a shore patrol with them ignoring me completely until the moment I exit the boat to the shore.

Woody boat offers great visibility of occupants, obviously. It's different from an armored vehicle or a helicopter where it might be hard to see the driver. But so far it doesn't look like vehicles in the game are subdivided into classes by concealment level.

Even worse, it looks like vehicle noise is guiding detection unless the player commits vehicular assault.

I recall the time I was hovering a chopper over the Parlament observing the area and snipers started shooting at me after a short time. I'm not sure if it was about suspicious noise or visual though since I have the visual detection indicator disabled.

• topeira1980
    63 posts

@virtual-chris The thing about in-vehicle detection is that its unified across all vehicles. But some of them make total sense that you'd be spotted pretty fast and some don't.
    So if you're alone inside a sentinel car it makes sense that only in very close range you can be detected, but if you're alone on a bike it doesn't. (Not to mention sentinel don't know HOW to ride a bike. They just drag them by hand to the middle of the woods). Also, if you play with teammates and one of them is sticking out on the turret, it also makes sense to spot you quickly. And what about civilian vehicles?

So in short - the game has one settings for all conditions so setting the detection to lower than 0.2, for ME at least, makes less sense in most cases.

• topeira1980
    63 posts

@vahndaar That's a great shame. I always thought that it would only take 1 settings to improve the game by a LOT (lower the amount of health you gain from killing enemies, thus making combat harder the more enemies you face and not easier, and not make bosses harder).

Well, fair opinion.
    And thanks a lot for the input. was an interesting read 🙂

• Hugo-FOU
    174 posts
    @vahndaar I'd like them to keep at it, they're putting out good work. Let's get Moa island next year!

And a mission creator! 🤞

• vahndaar
    129 posts

Yes Hugo absolutely. And fixing the helo controls, they're still terrible. I actually think helo controls are the way they are because of the UI elements like missile targeting systems.

As for Wildlands, it's a no for the time being. Modding games at this level takes a very long time due to the amount of trial and error. Spartan Mod whilst being recently released is something I've been tinkering with for about a year now. The difficulty isn't the coding, it's figuring things out and finding stuff.

I'll keep working on BP but don't have time to start the whole process again for another game right now.

As for vehicle detection, if I could find a way to remove the audio detection completely then I think the system would work fine as is. Different vehicles do actually have different modifiers in-game for visual detection and I think that alone would be perfectly fine.

• topeira1980
    63 posts

@vahndaar I dont have detection sound in game. if i disable the UI element than the sound goes away.
    maybe it's because i lowered the "menu sound" in the sound options... it's one of these reasons.
    Lowering the menu sound also gets rid of the hit sound when you land a hit.

• Hugo-FOU
    174 posts
    @vahndaar And fixing the helo controls, they're still terrible. I actually think helo controls are the way they are because of the UI elements like missile targeting systems.

That would be great. I know we’ve discussed it in the past, but I actually don’t think the controls are the biggest problem. It’s the appalling animations. They make the aircraft look like it’s hanging from a crane by the top of the rotor.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1165 posts
    @vahndaar
    As for Wildlands, it's a no for the time being. Modding games at this level takes a very long time due to the amount of trial and error. Spartan Mod whilst being recently released is something I've been tinkering with for about a year now. The difficulty isn't the coding, it's figuring things out and finding stuff.

Would you change your mind if I were to convince Christ to hand you his brand new and shinny NFT? 😎

Dang, a year or so, I understand and the work is very appreciated by me and many as well. Thanks

• Eagleyezx
    124 posts

@vahndaar Nothing but respect for that bud. I love the pragmaticism to make this game better. I hope Ubiflop will consider integrating these settings into the game.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1165 posts

They have been telling us that it is impossible to make a proper GR game, and I say this based on facts from what we have gotten so far, so this tell me they are not about to praise Vahndaar for what he has accomplished nor use it even if to make better or more user friendly if you will because that would go against what they are trying to do, which is... who knows really what that is. 😕

Again, if Vahndaar has been able to do that in a year or so, and this NOT his day job, imagine what the Studio could come up with being that THIS IS their day job.

• Eagleyezx
    124 posts

@fcac-no-moe If Ubiflop were smart, they would hire him. CDPR did that with Cyberpunk modders and Bethesda help modders with their modding career.

• vahndaar
    129 posts

The difference being that I'm working blind. Devs with access to the development tools could implement this in a couple of days, a week max. A developer and maybe a UI designer for adding the options. Obviously it would need to be run past the test and QA squads but the core work is very simple.

I picked it up and out it down quite often, was a bit of a hobby.

• Virtual-Chris
    Original poster 800 posts
    The difference being that I'm working blind. Devs with access to the development tools could implement this in a couple of days, a week max. A developer and maybe a UI designer for adding the options. Obviously it would need to be run past the test and QA community but the core work is very simple.

I fixed that for you 😄

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1165 posts
    The difference being that I'm working blind. Devs with access to the development tools could implement this in a couple of days, a week max. A developer and maybe a UI designer for adding the options. Obviously it would need to be run past the test and QA squads but the core work is very simple.

Well, we know they have no test & QA squad so this could help expedite the changes then. 😉

Well, damn, here I am again, late to the party. In my defense, since there is no multiple quoting, there is a need to quote as per post read

• Hugo-FOU
    174 posts

I have a couple of questions for anyone that might be able to help me!

Based on the feedback about the mod, I’m considering getting a gaming PC in the new year. Originally I was planning to upgrade my PS4 to a PS5.

I’m in the UK. I don’t need a screen, as I’ll hook it up to my TV, but would need a wireless keyboard and mouse.

So my questions are;

Can I get a gaming PC with decent performance, for similar money to the price of a PS5?

What specs do I need to look for?

• JaRuTo7
    18 posts

@vahndaar Is it possible to mod Wildlands similar way to Breakpoint? If so, could you tell me how to mod Wildlands? I have a lot of time to mod and have general idea what it should be improved. Im currently modding Sc: Blacklist Single player mode.

Suggested Topics