ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• fjantonsmuts
    Original poster 2 posts

Hi!

Just installed AC: Valhalla on my PS4.

When I launch the game I get stuck on the "checking for add-ons" screen. It doesn't freeze up but it just keeps on searching but nothing happens. 

I have tried it offline and online.
    I have tried renewing my licenses.
    I have rebuilt the database.
    I have tried power cycling the ps4 to clear the cache.
    I have tried deleting the game and installed it again. 

The only thing i can find is that under settings>account>service List I have 2 licenses for AC: valhalla. 

Could this be the problem? 
    I've googled my [censored] of and can't anything like this.

If it is I am screwed because I can't delete anything from that list of licenses 

Do you guys have any idea?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Oxavo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 683 posts

Hello @fjantonsmuts and welcome to Discussions!

Sorry to hear the game is stuck on “checking for additional content”. Seems you've already performed all basic troubleshooting steps but the issue still persists. Usually it can be solved by power cycling your hardware. Can you do it once again for me? If it does not work can you let me know how long does the loading time take? Some of our players reported it could take 10 minutes or even longer.

Feel free to get back to us anytime.

Official Response
  • fjantonsmuts
    Original poster 2 posts

Thanks for the response @Ubi-Oxavo

I have tried power cycling my PS4 two times since I wrote my first post.

The problem is that I can't get past the checking for add-ons screen.
    I left it loading for over two hours on three separate occasions after each troubleshooting face and nothing happened.

I've never stumbled across a bug that I can't Google my way out of before, haha.

Best regards, Anton.

• Ubi-Oxavo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 683 posts

Hello again Anton @fjantonsmuts and thanks for getting back to me with more details.

As for now I don't see reports from other players with similar/same issues, therefore would you be so kind to record a short video demonstrating the issue itself so i can pass it on to the Game Team for a further investigation?

Thank you in advance and I look forward to hearing from you.

Official Response

Suggested Topics