ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• bielik01
    Original poster 1786 posts

It just doesn't work. I keep pressing R1 and nothing happens.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there,

As we have had no reports of this issue with entering first-person view during the Discovery Tour since the release of TU 1.4.1, we will now be locking this thread.

If you encounter any further trouble with the Discovery Tour, then please feel welcome to create a new thread and we’ll gladly take a closer look. When creating a new thread, please include any additional images/videos of the issue you’re encountering in-game, as this will be helpful for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1736 posts

@bielik01 HI there!

Thank you for posting this report, and capturing a screenshot of this.

Would you be able to let us know if you're able to access the first person camera if the action is bound to a different button? If you could also let us know if R1 works for other actions too, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Official Response
  • bielik01

@ubi-nacho so you suggest to change the button assignment?

• Ubi-Nacho

@bielik01 Hi there.

Changing the button assignment is purely for testing purposes to help us determine where the issue may be. This is information that we will be passing to the game team when issuing a report.

Thank you!

Official Response
  • bielik01

@ubi-nacho I changed it to R2 with no success.

• Ubi-Nacho

@bielik01 Thank you for checking that!

Lastly, would you be able to let us know if restarting the game, or restarting the console has any effect at all?

We'll pass all of this along to the game team for investigation.

Official Response
  • bielik01

@ubi-nacho does restarting the console before playing Discovery Mode count? I had problems, so I needed to restart it just after 2 PM CEST, and then I noticed Discovery Mode was available.
    @TheNorfolkian can you check if you can access First Person Camera? And you, @azullFR?

• azullFR
    2392 posts

@bielik01
    I will give it a try, and post the result here in 30 to 45 min 🙂

• markwill80
    8 posts

@bielik01 I am having the same problem. Have tried changing the controller settings and it still won’t work.

• azullFR
    2392 posts

@bielik01
    just tested, and I had no problem with First Camera using R1

Some infos :
    Just launched Valhalla today for this test = I didn't start my game before openning the Discovery Tour
    PS4 PRO + Sony Dualsense v2
    AC Valhalla Ultimate Edition : Only the WoD DLC is installed (so, I haven't got the Blacksmith bug with trousers)
    "Personnal commands" : only modification is "X" used for "trap on body" + "climbing/jumping"

I hope your issue will be solved soon 🤞

• Ubi-Nacho

Hi there @azullFR @bielik01 @markwill80

Thank you all for coming together to share your experiences of this issue, it's much appreciated.

The information you've provided has been gathered and reported to our game team. As always, we'll let you know when more information on the first person camera becomes available.

Please let us know if anything changes, or if you have any further questions.

Official Response
  • TheNorfolkian
    1469 posts

@bielik01 I generally have to quit the game after every play session on my XBox Series X because the onlline stuff doesn’t stay updated with Quick Resume, so I didn’t have any initial problems accessing the Discovery Mode content. I will say though that after a regular play session I had to ‘quit to the main menu’ like we have to do with Origins or Odyssey in order to access the Discovery Tour content. At one point when doing this switch to quit to the menu, my game straight up crashed. Only happened once so far, but if it keeps happening, I’m going to write up an official report.

Wait... there’s a first person camera? That’s news to me... I’ll check the options and settings tomorrow.

• DaviddeBuur
    8 posts

First person camera doesn´t work for me neither. Also had the prompt to try R1, tried, but it didn´t do anything. Playing on PS5, I don´t have any story DLCs installed.

• TheNorfolkian
    1469 posts

@bielik01 I had to change the button configuration in the controller settings to allow for the first person camera to be used. It had been assigned to my crouching button (RB), so I put it on the other side (LB). It’s a pretty interesting experience... it almost feels like I’m playing an Elder Scrolls game, but not quite. I think the developers need to polish up the movement speed and interaction distance when in first person mode, but otherwise it’s a unique way of viewing the gamescape when we’ve already spent hundreds of hours playing in the third person.

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2709 posts

Hey @thenorfolkian

Thanks for sharing what worked out for you. I'll add this to the report.

If anyone else has any luck with using LB too, please let us know.

Official Response
  • markwill80
    8 posts

@ubi-froggard still doesn’t work for me. Lots of people on Reddit reporting same problem.

• TheNorfolkian
    1469 posts

@ubi-froggard I would like to add that every time I exit out of the Discovery Tour mode and re-enter it later, the controls appear to reset, so my reassigning of the button didn’t seem to carry over. However, I have now noticed that on my XBox Series X, the first-person camera function is correctly working with the pre-assigned RB... so for me this matter is resolved.

• Ubi-Viral
    2366 posts

@thenorfolkian Thank you for this additional information and for letting me know that this is now resolved for you.

@markwill80 At the moment this issue is still being looked into. Once there is an update we will share it on the forums.

Thank you.

• ukcad69
    1 posts

Hi there, I have AC: Valhalla on both PS5 and Xbox Series S. In both versions of discovery mode the first person button does not work. Despite reconfiguring and restarting. I expect an error in the file commit that has led the FP control has been disabled or conflicted. Please fix.

• Ubi-Viral
    2366 posts

@ukcad69 Hey! Thank you for getting in touch about the first-person camera not working in Discovery Mode. This is something we are aware of and it is currently being looked into.

If you need anything else in the meantime please let us know.

Thank you.

Suggested Topics