ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• markwill80
    8 posts

@ubi-viral is there any update on this? Still not working for me.

• Ubi-Viral
    2366 posts

@markwill80 Hey! I have checked with the game team and we've had reports from some players that binding the key press to another button may resolve this issue. If this does not work, could you please answer the following questions for us? It will help us get a better understanding of your issue in order to facilitate further investigation.

- Are there any additional repro steps you did in particular while encountering the issue?
    - Does the issue occur after completing a certain quest?
    - Are you using any specific key bindings?
    - Does relaunching the title fix the issue?
    - If you are on PC or PS4, could you please attach a copy of your save file to a support ticket?

Once done please reply back here with your case number.

Thank you.

• markwill80
    8 posts

Good morning, I have tried changing it to multiple different buttons (L1, X, R3 etc) without success.

- Are there any additional repro steps you did in particular while encountering the issue? I’m sorry I’m not too technical so don’t know what this means.
    - Does the issue occur after completing a certain quest?- Nope. It doesn’t work at all from the start.
    Are you using any specific key bindings?- I’ve tried them all without success. The visual cue to activate it pops up and then nothing happens when clicking the button.
    Does relaunching the title fix the issue?- Nope. I also deleted and reinstalled the game and still not working.
    If you are on PC or PS4, could you please attach a copy of your save file to a support ticket? I’m happy to do this but not sure how?

• bielik01
    Original poster 1800 posts

@markwill80 unfortunately, to do so, you need to have a USB stick, here's the instruction: https://www.instructables.com/How-to-copy-a-PS4-game-save-to-a-external-drive/: (https://instructables.com/How-to-copy-a-PS4-game-save-to-a-external-drive)

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2973 posts

@markwill80 Thanks for the additional information. As it has been mentioned above, you can move save files from your PS4 to a computer by using a USB device and going to the save data management on the console to copy it to it. However, I'm just trying to see if we can access Discovery Tour saves via the cloud (so you wouldn't have to transfer the save data yourself), as we can with the main game save files, so I would have thought we could do this with Discovery Tour too, though, I can't see any sign of you playing the game on the account you have messaged us from here, so you must have a 2nd Ubisoft account that is linked with your PSN ID. Could you let us know the username of your other account please? Or your PSN ID if you don't mind sharing it on the forums?

Official Response
  • mcook917
    5 posts

Hey all, I'm playing on Xbox one X and can't wait to sink my axe into discovery tour mode but ever since it was released on the 19th October I still cannot trigger first person mode, which is what o was looking forward to the most, are there any updates about this?
    Many thanks ~

• markwill80
    8 posts

@ubi-froggard hello, my username is markwil400. Hope this is helpful.

• Ryusennin
    166 posts

I tried the Discovery Tour on PC and PS4, and the first person camera works out of the box (by default assigned to right bumper).

I remapped it to left trigger, as in Origins and Odyssey, and it works ok too. However the assign doesn't seem to be saved in the settings. The button is reset to default after relaunching the game. As I understand it, it's a known bug.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2849 posts

Thanks for your post about this, @mcook917 - great to hear you're hyped to play the new Discovery Tour, but really unfortunate that you've not been able to engage the first person view.

This is mapped to the RB button on an Xbox gamepad. However, I'm sure you've already noticed that and tried basically all the buttons 🙂 Our team is currently looking into this issue - can you help us with that by answering the points below for me?

• Can you make sure your latest save file for the Discovery Tour is uploaded to the cloud? Here's our guide showing how to do that. If you could let me know once it is uploaded, that'd be great.
    • Please try rebinding the RB button. Does the first person view then work?
    • Have you tried power-cycling your console?

Thanks again for your report - I really appreciate it! I'll keep an eye out for your response.

Official Response
  • Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2849 posts

Hey @markwill80 , thanks for confirming your PSN account name for us. I've gone ahead and secured your save file for our investigation. Thanks so much for your help!

Thanks, @Ryusennin , for sharing your experiences with it, too - it's great to hear the first person view was working with the default button, but unfortunate that the rebind kept resetting. I've passed this feedback on to our teams alongside the other issue noted here 🙂

Official Response
  • mcook917
    5 posts

@ubi-thrupney hey there I've tried all the steps but sadly it's still not going into first person mode which is the main reason I wanted to play discovery tour mode, but if I find a solution I will keep you posted, many thanks

• TheNorfolkian
    1620 posts

@mcook917 I already suggested changing the button assignment for that function on XBox here.

• markwill80
    8 posts

@ubi-thrupney hello there, is there any update on fixing this bug? It’s now been nearly two weeks since it was reported.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey @markwill80!

As soon as we will have any further communication regarding this, details will be posted here, in our official forums, as well as Assassin's Creed Valhalla website, so keep an eye and apologies if this has been taking a little longer than anticipated.

In the meantime, as a little workaround you can try Options Menu > Gameplay page > Toggle 'OFF' the Close Camera option.

Thank you for your continued patience and if you do happen to have any other queries or run into any other difficulties, drop us a message at any time!

Official Response
  • sagabobaga
    1 posts

@ubi-karl thanks for this info, I just tried this and it was a successful workaround on PS4. Game world is so beautiful, love to take it in with this perspective. Great feature!

• vusal1981
    2 posts

@ubi-nacho -What about the idea Assassin's creed Troy ???

• Ubi-Karl

Hey @sagabobaga, thanks for getting in touch, glad to hear it helped as well as see some positive feedback on the feature 🙂 .

Hope you continue to enjoy it and if you have any queries in the future, feel free to reach out at any time!

Hey @vusal1981!

Is that the suggestion/idea you'd like to forward for the next Assassin's Creed release? If it is indeed then I am happy to pass this along to our team accordingly, however if you would like to provide more details on your suggestion, please create a separate thread for it (solely to keep it on topic) and we will gladly have a look! 🙂

Official Response
  • Ubi-Karl

Hey guys, thanks for getting in touch and appreciate your input.

As it stands, I can confirm that this matter has been forwarded to our development team already and has been under further review.

As soon as we will have further information, details will be posted here, in our official forums, so keep an eye and apologies about any inconvenience this may cause for the time being.

In the meantime, as a little workaround you can try Options Menu > Gameplay page > Toggle 'OFF' the Close Camera option.

Should you have any other queries or run into any other difficulties, drop us a message at any time!

Official Response
  • markwill80
    8 posts

@sagabobaga I will give this a try when I am home. Thank you for the tip, hopefully it works.

• mcook917
    5 posts

@ubi-karl I can confirm that going into setting at the title screen and going into gameplay and turning off close camera mode solves the issue on Xbox one X

Suggested Topics