Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Shangames124
    Original poster 25 posts

Hello all!
    I just wanted to ask one question. I recently bought a game and am wondering why is the character on the left side of the screen? It asks this question because I don't know if it's a bug in the game or something. Regards.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Oxavo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 275 posts

Hello @shangames124! Thank you for contacting Ubisoft support. If I understood you correctly,  your camera became stuck to the left of Eivor instead of being centered on Eivor?

If that's the case, I would kindly ask you provide the video of the issue so we can forward it to the development team for further investigation as we recently received reports from other players regarding this matter.

In the meantime, our teams would like to use details from your progress on Assassin's Creed: Valhalla to make further research. Please make sure that your latest save has been added to the Cloud (it will have a cloud icon next to it). This step will allow us to use your save files for investigations.

Would you also be able to tell us the steps you took leading to this bug, please? It will help us get a better understanding of your issue in order to facilitate further investigation.

We apologize for any inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding while we work to resolve this issue.

Official Response
  • Shangames124
    Original poster 25 posts

@ubi-oxavo I put this question wrong. My point is why, when exploring, the character is on the left side instead of in the center. Therefore, I would like to ask for the possibility of adding an additional option that would give the option of centering the camera angle. As I wrote in the next post, during parkour, the character will center and when we get down to the ground, it returns to its original position, i.e. the left side, so no video is needed here. I can give you a photo comparison from antek398's post if I can.

• Antek398
    26 posts

@shangames124
    English:
    No problem at all 😁

Polish:
    Żaden problem 😁

• Shangames124
    Original poster 25 posts

Photo Assassin's Creed Odyssey and Valhalla

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1404 posts

Hey @Shangames124 thanks for the image!

I can confirm this s working as intended. For Valhalla the devs decided to alter the character positioning on the screen, so that they appear slightly to the left, when traditionally, the main character would appear front and center.

I am unsure why this change was made, I can only speculate, but perhaps our community team may be able to provide an answer as to the devs decision to change the angle and perspective slightly. Thank you for your question, I will be moving this post to our general discussion area, for our community team to see.

Official Response
  • Antek398
    26 posts

@ubi-milky
    English:
    Could my post also be moved to the general forum? I started from the wrong side when it comes to discussions but I am asking you to judge me if you can 😁
    I have recently acquired the game and also find that the character on the left does not suit my taste. If you can, check out my post 👍

Polish:
    Czy mój post może zostać również przeniesiony na forum ogólne? Zacząłem od złej strony, jeśli chodzi o dyskusje, ale proszę o ocenę mnie, jeśli możesz 😁 Niedawno nabyłem grę i stwierdziłem, że postać po lewej nie pasuje do mojego gustu. Jeśli możesz, sprawdź mój post 👍

• tcarlisle2012
    147 posts

I am sure the decision has to do with the traditional centered view results in the player looking at the [censored] of the player character the entire game.

• Shangames124
    Original poster 25 posts

@tcarlisle2012 It is a matter of habit. As an additional option, it would be very good for players. There are several opinions on this subject and I am in favor of adding the option to center the camera angle. During parkour, the character goes to the center of the screen, and when it touches the ground or something else, it goes to the left side, which is not pleasant while playing. Such constant change makes no sense to me. Being able to add a camera left, center or right would be good for players as everyone could choose the angle they like 😁

• tcarlisle2012
    147 posts

I hadn't even noticed it myself, but I think that is because I use an ultrawide display. With a view that wide, it isn't terribly noticeable.

That said, I would support adding such an option, especially when one considers that this might be a factor in causing motion sickness or other health issues.

For the longest time, Ubisoft games shipped with not field of view (FOV) setting, and the games were designed with standard HD in mind. The end result was that on ultrawide display, you feel like you are playing with your nose up against the screen. That made me get very fatigued and got headaches from playing just a small session.

SO I can see people having negative physiological reactions to the off-centered camera.

• Shangames124
    Original poster 25 posts

@tcarlisle2012 Exactly! As I haven't been a buyer of the game yet, I wasn't too interested in the update, but right after the purchase, yes. Through Black Week, I was able to acquire the game and thought the game would be better. A year ago, when I watched the pre-release recording, I thought it was just a test. However, not 😒

• Siwy1770
    5 posts

I support and it's great that someone raised this topic

• Shangames124
    Original poster 25 posts

@siwy1770 Thank's 💪

• bielik01
    1324 posts

@shangames124 I thought I would congratulate you on buying the game, but I don't see any on your account.
    As I wrote previously, buy the game, then complain.
    The same goes for @Antek398.

• Shangames124
    Original poster 25 posts

@bielik01 I don't know what you mean but okay? If you wrote this just to educate us, you failed. Now I ask you to delete your post as it is not needed in this discussion. One more thing about the PS4 account is that I only created this account because I couldn't log into my PS4 account in Assassin's Creed, so don't jump to conclusions right now. I greet.

• Antek398
    26 posts

@bielik01
    English:
    How much you do not want my posts to pop up and his, I am asking you to give the option "block user" and that's it.

Polish:
    Jak bardzo nie chcesz aby moje posty wyskakiwały i jego to prosze, abyś dał opcję "zablokuj użytkownika" i tyle w temacie.

Suggested Topics