ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• xlastovi
    Original poster 117 posts

Hello,

first I would like to tell I have a very low stress tolerance due to severe life problems.

But this occurred yesterday:

1. I did matchmake for a league mission. I got an invite to someone's group and I accepted. Game loaded the mission and there was another loading and I was left in a safehouse. At least I had a SSD. This has happened several times. Is this a technical problem or do peole kick you before you can join?
    2. I spent almost 2 hours taking one heroic checkpoint. I used call for backup. Someone lvl 10 joined. And he did some ready check for some Dark Zone and left after I declined...
    3. After another death I called again while I was waiting dead for some time. After I respawned at a safehouse, a person came to "help" and it left again.

I was enjoying the game when I played solo on story or normal difficulty in past. But I cannot progress further solo and I would like to avoid stress I mentioned. If it is possible at all. And I am unfortunately not in a coop clan.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• xcel30
    642 posts

@xlastovi First one is most likely the host left or the group disbanded during loading so server shenanigans happened, such as they were in the DZ when they started matchmaking so you joined their DZ server after they left. None of those appear to be malicious actions just confused people or who matchmaked for the wrong things

• III_Hammer_III
    93 posts

@xlastovi

Playing with strangers can be stressful, Myself, I only play solo or with my boys, and I stopped PvP'ing some time ago.
    As far as progressing past normal, you may just need a few pointers on tactics and build.

• Adrian-11
    873 posts

@xlastovi

1 - Either the group disbanded while you were loading, or technical issues on the server side.
    2 - That one is a doozy... yes, people do weird sheet. I run myself in some "catfishing" like that last night, matchmade for a heroic mission, and the lead pushed for DZ at the start of the mission.
    3 - If you call for help and the responder finds you in a safe house, yes, they will leave. Most of us hate to be called for backup in a safe house or BOO. In your case it seems it was just bad timing tho.

Two pieces of advice:
    Block the annoying players when you can, so you don't run into them again
    I know that we all get into the heat of the game (that's what a good game does), but we also need to always keep in mind that this is just A GAME, so don't take it so seriously.

• xlastovi

@adrian-11 Ad 1 - It might be, it does not happen often.

Block the annoying players when you can, so you don't run into them again

How could I achieve this? A lot of people have very complicated names and unless they type something into chat, I am unable to recall their name after they leave the group.

• Adrian-11
    873 posts

@xlastovi

Not even sure you can block them after they left... sorry.

• LateNiteDelight
    980 posts

@adrian-11 If you look in Connect under suggested friends, do they list folks you recently played with?

I don't MM, so am not sure.

• V4MPiR1
    213 posts

@LateNiteDelight

If you look in Connect under suggested friends, do they list folks you recently played with?

I don't MM, so am not sure.

The "Recently Played With" folder, the applicable one in this scenario, was removed. The "Friend Suggestions", which one would presume is constituted by recurrent "Recently Played With" players is corrupted. I still have it populated with players from Wildlands PVP back when that was the social hub.

• V4MPiR1
    213 posts

@adrian-11

Not even sure you can block them after they left... sorry.

Correct. You have to be in-group and/or in the same 'public space' (ie. helipad by the BoO, within 100m in DZ, etc.) to enable the 'block' option on a player. BTW, xlastovi, the block option doesn't preclude group joins to or by blocked players. It merely disables your audio and text to and from said players.

• BT3241
    120 posts

If I end up in a safe house I drop out immediately when joining a team because I don't want to spawn 3 or 4 times to join a mission. Why you would start a mission in the middle of a field or in a safe house - I don't know I never do - it just causes unnecessary re-spawning that no one wants to deal with. Start the mission at the mission site no one want to spawn 3 or 4 times to join a mission.
    If your on a PS4 repawning takes a ridiculously long time.

• Adrian-11
    873 posts

@v4mpir1

Ha! I was convinced it is a full block... I've tried with a friend and he was not able to join when blocked. Also, I haven't run into the players I blocked, and a few are regulars (or they were...)
    What are you saying sounds more like "muting" players, which you can do also in the social menu?

• Metal_Greg
    114 posts

Just like in real life. all you gotta do is ignore em and go about your day. it's really that simple.

• xlastovi

@bt3241

If I end up in a safe house I drop out immediately when joining a team because I don't want to spawn 3 or 4 times to join a mission. Why you would start a mission in the middle of a field or in a safe house

I did not talk about that and joining missions. I wrote about about open world activities. When I am lying dead waiting for backup for about a minute, I select respawn. And - surprisingly - I end up in a safehouse.
    But when it is a bounty, I of course stop calling for help becase bounty gets lost on respawning when playing solo.

• xlastovi

I am sorry I cannot change the topic now. Vast of players are not evil. But there are awful players.

Yesterday I wanted to block one new player that responded for my call for backup. I could not see how.
    Later I found this article that was supposed to explain it:
    https://www.ubisoft.com/th-th/help/the-division-2/article/blocking-players-in-the-division-2/000064952

But there was no Block Player menu entry. I guess that people responding to call for help cannot be blocked.

• N7.Lemon
    14 posts

@xcel30 if all it takes for this player to call someone evil is to not show up, I wonder if its for the best

• V4MPiR1
    213 posts

@adrian-11

Ha! I was convinced it is a full block... I've tried with a friend and he was not able to join when blocked. Also, I haven't run into the players I blocked, and a few are regulars (or they were...)
    What are you saying sounds more like "muting" players, which you can do also in the social menu?

I frequently get grouped with players on my blocked list. There may be some additional open parameters; for example random matchmaking, and the host's group privacy settings. I'm convinced they intended it this way -- as opposed to a 'blacklist' method, wherein listed players cease to exist from the perspective of the individual's gaming experience -- to prioritize keeping groups, and the game, populated over individual social issues.

I would prefer the blacklist method, given that I'm not fickle, and prioritize my experience over the publisher's revenue interests. Consequently, when matchmaking, I vigilantly review the social menu [group], and leave group on identification of integral blocked players, or subsequent joinings thereof.

Muting mere disables audio, not text. That way, if a player is having mic issues (esp. noise), or you get that fkstick that just never seems to be able to STFU and focus on what they're doing, let alone objectives, there remains an open channel of communication.

Then we come to the territory of coding errors, netcode, and nonuniformity between players and/or characters, where theory and practice are nonparallel. For example, we have one lieutenant in our clan whose account is 'f'd', or other pseudonym. Through no fault of his own, and we've troubleshooted his settings, sporadically can't be invited to groups through the in-game method, forcing us to invite him through Connect. Then there is the well known phenomenon of players having a 'glitched' character(s) in relation to their others, allowing them to exploit intended game mechanics circumvented by said glitch. For example, and there are many, open raid doors allowing for bogus raid times.

• V4MPiR1
    213 posts

@xlastovi

I am sorry I cannot change the topic now. Vast of players are not evil. But there are awful players.

Yesterday I wanted to block one new player that responded for my call for backup. I could not see how.
    Later I found this article that was supposed to explain it:
    https://www.ubisoft.com/th-th/help/the-division-2/article/blocking-players-in-the-division-2/000064952

But there was no Block Player menu entry. I guess that people responding to call for help cannot be blocked.

The option is the bottom on the list, and given the field's size and list length, may require down-scrolling.

• LucilleWilliams
    2 posts
    Banned
    This post is deleted!
  • GnarlyAtol1793
    316 posts

@xlastovi

Hahaha, yeah it happens. I recognized several times that people leaving when recognizing that they are joining at the beginning of a mission. Apparently a lot people are playing content only for quick rewards. Well, that is driven by the motivation model of this game … for a lot people it’s all about grind and xp.

Yesterday I played with a random guy. I love to do that very much. Because you meet people with different playstiles, experiences, preferences and from different countries … GREAT! But of course than you have these situations sometimes as well but I do not have these very often. A further driver for people leaving is when you have the pistolero directive active 😊.

I asked this guy what he likes most in Division 2, do that regularly. The answer was quite surprising for me, did not expect that from a guy with 11k SHD. He said he likes convoys most and I asked him why. The answer was expected of course … the grind for xp.

You have the players focussing on these things, but these guys often look for quick rewards and leaving you quickly.

Often you will have inexperienced players and nuts in your team 😁 but that is great too 😊! That is fun! But of course not when the goal is to complete an activity in no time as quickly as possible to fast travel to the next activity 😊 … to be continued.

Some weeks ago I met a nice guy. He is always dead in a minute, he always rushes to the front row and dies, I die very often as well because I am trying to revive him … but I have fun with that 😊

Don’t be frustrated. Continue with calling randoms for help because of the great advantages above and over time you will make good friends. Works super great in division games!

• V4MPiR1
    213 posts

@gnarlyatol1793 That was a five-month necro from a bot. The link should have been a red flag.

Suggested Topics