ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 5 Likes/56 Replies/604 Views
    NewFool7
    Original poster 51 posts

Like, seriously in the old forum you'd see Blue and Toon post at least once a week. This place feels like a ghost town.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• raptor2-40delta
    45 posts

Apart from that it’s not very “user friendly”.. especially on mobile phone.. In the old forum the answers were just one after the other so you could understand, here you see main comments and the replies to that comment, but then you also see the same replies when scrolling down and I can never understand which one I didn’t read or which is the last

• Lolt6
    86 posts

Let's not forget it was spam bots and unwanted advertisist who started to make old forum archived for stage by stage and moved discussion to new forums as they seem to be evolving and smarter to post something unwanted, even blending 1 or 2 years old thread, making it necro'ed w/ unwanted ads and unnecessary post from advertisist and spam bots.

• Virtual-Chris
    805 posts

It does seem like a ghost town. Maybe players have just moved on? Or have finally got exhausted realizing their complaints were falling on deaf ears. I don’t know. I’ve started a few threads in the last couple weeks that have had very little discussion. I posted one thread the other day on how I’m playing Motherland immersively, hoping to start a discussion and not a single reply.

• Mars388502
    206 posts

@virtual-chris: I think you're onto something, since the former forum, was quite easier to use, specially from a phone (this can't be stressed enough) people could post and share their thoughts and impressions faster and in an easier manner (specially people on console). Now, we have this fancy forum that makes our communication way more tedious than what it used to be. In my case, today I've made my very first post on my impression on the new forum. To do so, I needed to boot my pc, scroll for the topic that got buried 5 or 6 pages back and firgure out how to reply without adressing to someone in particular. I play on console, so having to come here from a pc is kind counternatural in someway.

"To promote even less engagement" In my opinion, it's not really promoted, it's rather that it will prevent some of us to post as regularly as we did on the older forum. I'm not saying that change is bad, at time is necessary and welcomed, but when there is an improvement from the previous situation. Here we had the game to concentrate and discuss on, now we have also the forum in itself?

• D.O.Double_G.
    2 posts

@virtual-chris It's this new forum structure. I use to check the forums regularly in the old format. I rarely come here since they changed it. Just not the same.

• teh_greg
    62 posts

This forum is super unfriendly to use.

You have to login every single time.

If you accidentially hover over someone's username then their nameplate will cover the thread names and you have to move your mouse away.
    Somtimes it won't even disappear at all.

I'm used to "old school" forums, please give me a full screen editor for posts, not this wierd half-window-popup thing.

The permanent search bar at the top is annoying. I don't like websites taking my monitor space.

• Red2smok
    38 posts

Perhaps intent was exactly this, mothball page after page of glowing reviews. Loose thorn in ya butt.

Zero engagement from cm since move from what I can tell

Ubi has quietly swept irritating player base out of sight

Why else would they show such disregard for those that buy their product then provide insightful feedback to improve it?
    They should embrace forum, at least to degree of former.

ignore until it dies

• AvengerGR35
    67 posts

Same here @d-o-double_g.

Plus I'm too busy playing Sniper Ghost Warrior Contracts 2. I feel this game does some things better than BP despite being made by a small studio. But one thing I hate about it is the WL style enemies who know exactly where you are if they find a dead body. Oh yeah, sometimes they also become bullet sponges and can take a hit from a 50cal sniper 🙄 But despite these the game is still pretty fun.

• Church367A
    147 posts
    It does seem like a ghost town. Maybe players have just moved on? Or have finally got exhausted realizing their complaints were falling on deaf ears. I don’t know. I’ve started a few threads in the last couple weeks that have had very little discussion.

I think the above sums up much of it. Most of the conversations and recommendations in general have already been played out or made since Breakpoint's release and the rate at which Ubi responds is so pathetically slow that I could easily imagine most people moving on and not caring to give a second look. Could you blame those people though? No worthwhile communication, no changes in communication methods either and the first largely positive update for Breakpoint arrived with Motherland over two years after the original release.

Even with other positive updates such as the gunsmith changes were left incomplete with lousy trigger options and a lack of optic attachments persisting. On top of that you have many cases of horribly incorrect sight pictures as well. Even with the latest IR illuminator addition which were originally supposed to only function while aiming are permanently on and yet there has been no hotfix or "known bug list" updated to my knowledge of the issue. It has been nothing but business as usual in the way Ubi has carried this disaster which in itself is more than enough reason for anyone to walk away from supporting a Ubisoft title.

• fratos
    21 posts

@virtual-chris I think its a mix of everything. At this point it seems Ubisoft is going left than right on decisions. I think Motherland was something the community needed for the Wildlands lovers out there. Still I'm at a mix with GR future itself. Frontline is the next installment and I wish the best for a massive improvement/overhaul on what was shown.

My squad and I just not into Breakpoint anymore. If anything we want games that will take advantage of the next gen we have. So we been playing other games in and outside of Ubisoft games. The forums is quite disturbing as well. Out of all the game forums I visit this has the most complexity to the point its hard to demystify on what is what. Ubi seems to be complicated and is pushing me away. I think that's best for me to move on.

• Church367A
    147 posts
    Ubi seems to be complicated and is pushing me away. I think that's best for me to move on.

Ubi has been doing its best to push away its Tom Clancy fanbase for a while now. Funny enough, I saw an advertisement of the upcoming Rainbowsix titled game showing off a new lower price on a youtube ad and it hasn't even released. I don't think their plan to try to cater in to a new audience has been working out for them too well based on that among breakpoint and other "Tom Clancy" announcements such as xdefiant. I suppose they'll either eventually learn to make games their core fanbase desire or just scrap the IP to the side and let it rot.

• fratos
    21 posts

@church367a I think your on to something there. None of Ubi current games should be $60 or $70 price. Its not worth it. That R6 extraction game doesn't look like it have enough content and in my eyes is $30 at best. From what I understand, the concept of that game only has a few levels that changes as your progression level goes up.

Meaning its sounds like a rinse and repeat running through the same level and may become repetitive. The AAA mindset has been thrown out the window. Yes we get hiccups on some decent content like Motherland but its still not a consistent satisfaction imo. Last Ubisoft game I'll try is The Division Heartland and I'm hoping Red Storm knock that out of the park in a good way but unless Frontline becomes an actual GR I may just be done with Ubisoft indefinitely.

• Steven527
    381 posts

@teh_greg I actually don't have to login every time. Don't ask me what magic might be involved. On the other hand this forum does make reading threads confusing and ends up discouraging involvement. it is almost as if they didn't want to hear from us... nahhh that COULDN"T be it!

• Church367A
    147 posts

@fratos For me it would not matter what the price was because it simply is not what a Rainbow 6 game should ever be. I have no interest in it as a game itself. Even if the game were an entirely new IP, the aesthetics of the characters alone is enough to make me not want to play. The whole reflective safety yellow detailing is just ridiculous.

When it comes to the levels, are they supposed to be procedurally generated? That itself is not a completely terrible thing, but I can't say I've ever seen it done very well in either Warframe or the Curse of Osiris DLC from Destiny 2.

• Ice-Quinn
    56 posts

Can confirm. I’m way less engaged, have not posted an ironic Housewife gif in what feels like forever, haven’t cursed or made questionable jokes with sekshual innuendos (or otherwise), not even an asterisk “to disguise my words’ true intent” (as per the new forums ToS)… this new place sucks, and I’ve not been too unreasonable about it, nor have I used the word giant and/or hairy - followed by a few asterisks - after “sucks” to try and illustrate just how bad they suck.

Either I’ve been replaced by an alien, or I am the misplaced alien, waiting for the mothership to come take us home. Now I know how E.T felt… >.<

• AI.BLUEFOX
    210 posts

There are several reasons I don't post so much anymore but the new forum is the most significant.

I mainly browse around and do "internet" on my iPad. The new forum doesn't work on it and I am locked to IOS 10 so cant get any browser that lets me use the forum. Although I can see it, the banners and clutter at the header and footer leave so little space for the window in which the posts actually appear that I cant see them, scroll them or anything. Mobile version or desktop version, safari, edge chrome all the same. That's without the quirky functionality of the forum, that by trying to hold my hand and trying to give me more info just seems to add more confusion. Simply getting to the correct "General Discussion" can be a pain if you hit the one that takes you to the list of all games.

The quality of discussion to be had here is then often not worth the effort to engage. The forum feels like it's more of a cynical disillusionment contest than it is an interesting place to share ideas about Ghost Recon, and while I understand and have some sympathy for why that is, it doesn't mean it's worth reading, let alone interacting with.

• Nova_RUS_
    7 posts

The new forum is really inconvenient. If I have been on the old forum every day since the release of Breakpoint, then I have no desire to come here, it is made nice, but very inconvenient. And I can't even explain what exactly annoys him. I can't say that I'm just used to the old, but I haven't adapted to the new - this is far from the only forum where I'm a regular. But now, because of this forum, I really go to it once a week.

• Gmoneymozart
    58 posts

The UI and UX team are..well...not good *shrug*

• Kean_1
    157 posts

For me, the fact that we've lost all of the relevant discussions to the "archive" is a big part of it. The new interface doesn't help. .....then again, I've been having fun with my coop / PvP buddies in other games right now. ....Sandstorm, BF Portal and He'll Let Loose.

Ubi had also made it clear with games like GR Frontline that even though they acknowledge the overwhelming pushback from fans on the direction they are going, they are determined to stay with their vision. .....can't see that changing now for the rest of the franchise. I suspect they are going to continue changing it into something unrecognizable.

GR has lost its identity and so has the Tom Clancy IP for that matter IMO. There isn't much else we can say at this point as it's clear they are going to do what they are going to do to try and cater to the masses even if it hasn't been working out for them.

I'm tired of the carrot-dangling. I'm tired of catching the occasional bone being thrown our way. They simply don't value their fans input as much as I think they should and that's quite clear to me now.

I originally thought that perhaps they just didn't understand and needed the feedback to ensure we were heard. I gave them chances and had some lingering hope after BPs failure along with the resulting shakeup within their company. In thought, maybe that would rattle some sense into them. ......fact is, nothing has changed.

I honestly don't see a future for GR that interests me at this point to be honest. I also don't see Ubi changing their ways so I've pretty much stopped interacting on here.

Suggested Topics