ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SOLVED [RESOLVED] [PC] Consistent stuttering / low FPS whilst navigating the in-game menus | POST HERE

2 Likes/46 Replies/1482 Views
    Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff Original poster 5646 posts

Hello there,

We have opened up this thread as part of the investigation into potential causes of stuttering and low FPS in-game. In this thread, we are collecting reports from players who are experiencing consistent stuttering whilst navigating the in-game menus.

If you are experiencing a different cause being stuttering / low FPS whilst playing Far Cry 6, please check out our full list of ongoing investigations in our "Reported Issue Megathread List," or open up a new thread if you are unable to find a thread that matches the issue you're encountering.

If you haven't already, we would recommend that you first take the time to try these basic PC troubleshooting steps, as these steps will help to ensure that your system is in optimal condition. In particular, I would recommend that you disable any background applications, as these can conflict with game files and cause performance issues, such as stuttering. You can try running a Clean Boot: (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-2f8a-a97a1807f3dd) to establish if there are any programmes conflicting with your game files. We have also had reports that disabling the Ubisoft Connect Overlay can help to alleviate low FPS and stuttering in-game. If you haven't given this a try already, I would recommend that you do so.

If the stuttering continues to persist after trying these troubleshooting steps, please can you provide us with the following information:

• What are your system specs (CPU/GPU)?
    • Are you using the HD texture pack? If so, have you tried disabling this to see if the stuttering improves?
    • Can you please upload your affected save file to the cloud? This support article can show you how to do this.
    • Please can you provide us with an image of your video settings?
    • Can you please share a video which demonstrates the stuttering occuring in the in-game menus?

I would recommend uploading any images/video to a sharing platform, such as Google Drive or One Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread. We will also open up a support ticket for you so we can collect your system files, as these will be helpful for the investigation.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Best Answer

Hello there,

I'd like to provide an update from the investigation into consistent stutter / low FPS whilst navigating the in-game menus. The dedicated teams have been unable to reproduce this issue in-game following testing after the most recent game updates.

As the dedicated teams have been unable to reproduce this issue, we will be marking this thread as "Resolved."

If you are encountering stuttering / low FPS whilst navigating the in-game menus, we would recommend that you first check if your system meets the minimum system requirements to run Far Cry 6. Please note that if you are trying to play the game on a higher resolution, you will need to ensure that your system meets these requirements as well. Additionally, if you have the HD Texture pack installed without meeting the requirements for this pack, you are more likely to experience performance issues in-game (such as low FPS).

If you meet the system requirements and are running the game on a suitable resolution for your system specs, please don't hesitate to share your report within this thread so we can look into this further. When sharing your report, please can you let us know the following information:

• What are your system specs (CPU / GPU)?
    • What resolution do you run the game on?
    • What are your in-game graphics settings (Low / Medium / High / Ultra etc)? Have you tried lowering this to see if that improves the game's performance?
    • Are you using the HD texture pack? If so, have you tried disabling this to see if the stuttering improves?
    • Can you please confirm if you have tried all of the steps from this basic PC troubleshooting article?

We can use this information to investigate the issue further.

@GUND0VVN - I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering low FPS in-game. Would you be able to review my post above to ensure that you meet the minimum requirements for Far Cry 6? If your system meets the minimum requirements, please can you provide us with the additional requested information?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Eddyleon21
    4 posts

@Ubi-Borealis
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1650 Super 4GB VRAM
    Not Using HD Texture Pack

Video with Video Settings: https://drive.google.com/file/d/19tD1ihzZTxkjfaKmtIxvqVsYWURha0m2/view?usp=sharing: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/19tD1ihzZTxkjfaKmtIxvqVsYWURha0m2/view?usp=sharing)
    Video demostrating the stuttering: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AP4vSyptx5lWpJafNj2NlWfVO-itE2Fx/view?usp=sharing: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AP4vSyptx5lWpJafNj2NlWfVO-itE2Fx/view?usp=sharing)

The game runs at 60 FPS on average in High Settings, until for any reason I or the game enter in any menu at random times, the game fps go down to around 20 or less FPS.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Eddyleon21! Welcome to the forums 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing stuttering after opening the menus in-game. Just to clarify, does the stuttering continue in-game after opening up the in-game menus, or does it only occur when in menus/talking to NPCs? I can see that you're also experiencing low FPS when speaking with Yami in the video you've provided.

I've also opened up a support ticket for you so we can collect your system files for further investigation. You can find your support ticket by logging into the Ubisoft Help website and selecting "See All Cases" on your homepage. I've also sent you an email with some additional instructions on how to submit system files. Once you have uploaded these files, please let us know within this thread so we can ensure they're forwarded to the dedicated teams.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • RainingTacoso
    2 posts

Hello, I ran into such a problem, during the game, when you go to any of the sections of the menu, the FPS drops from 50-60 to 10-20 and is fixed in this range, only restarting the game itself helps. Only the starting FPS depends on the settings themselves. Sometimes it happens that I can play for several hours and only after this time the problem occurs, but I can literally start the game and after a couple of minutes get drawdowns in FPS.
    I have the following system i7-9700, RX 570, 32 gb RAM.

• Ubi-Supportski
    Ubisoft Support Staff 110 posts

Hey @rainingtacoso

Sorry to hear about this!

We can recommend checking troubleshooting steps from this guide and see if that help changing the situation.

Official Response
  • ElBurroAlfa
    7 posts

@ubi-supportski I have the same problem as well and I don't think this is a simple ''Oh, your pc is too slow'' problem. Here's a video of a player with an rtx 3080 having the exact same problem, '>

. I have tried unistalling, verifiing the files, clean install windowns which in turn clean installs nvidia drivers

• socokid
    1 posts

@elburroalfa It's almost unplayable for me. Right now, it's about every 20 minutes or so. I will go to the menu screen (or some other change) and FPS drops to like ~10 FPS. Sometimes it just drops to like 30 (I get around 80 FPS in ultra at all times until the massive FPS drop just all of a sudden starts). Sometimes just fast traveling fixes it, but sometimes I have to go back to the main menu and reload, and sometimes I just have to restart the game. A few times just going back to a different menu fixes it.

It's amazing how many people are seeing this, and how much it's being ignored, for months now. The idea that it's just the computer/drivers/etc is hilarious.

No. The game clearly needs to be fixed.

• Mipala.
    12 posts

@ubi-borealis Happens the same to me, after opening the arsenal or map menu 4 times it lowers my FPS to 10 and under making the game unplayable. My normal frames while playing in high settings are consistent 55 to 60 fps. Sometimes happens when talking to NPC missions too. My only workaround for this if it happens i'll just restart the game and that's a hassle. It's been like this since launch honestly it turns me off to play anymore even though i have like 70+ hours in.

my specs are:
    CPU: i7-4790
    GPU: RX 580 4GB VRAM
    RAM: 16GB
    installed on SDD
    no HD Texture Pack

• ElBurroAlfa
    7 posts

@socokid @Ubi-Supportski Same isssue here. I need to restart the game 15 mins in. Sometimes I start the game and it immediately starts ramming my gtx 1660 to 100% utilization on medium settings at 1080p and even if that was normal it is still not enough reason for it to be running at 10 fps.

• Mipala.
    12 posts

@socokid it's really making the game unplayable literally i can't finish weekly insurgencies without restarting the game multiple times it's really annoying.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2313 posts

Hello everyone, thanks for posting about the FPS drops you have experienced. There are a few issues being reported with the FPS rates in the game currently >

Issue 1: We currently have a large megathread, where we are investigating FPS drops after a few minutes of gameplay, following update TU3. If this is the exact issue you are having, please check out our post here, for more information >
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/124242/tu3-experiencing-low-fps-lag-following-a-few-minutes-of-gameplay-post-here?lang=en-US

Issue 2: If your issue is the same as the original poster of this thread, ie you notice an FPS drop in the main game after checking your menu, please post a video demonstrating this if you can and let us know what platform you are playing, as so far we have seen this mainly affect PC players.

Official Response
  • Mipala.
    12 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Mipala.
    12 posts

@ubi-milky

Issue 2: Here are my vids while playing Pagan's DLC and in story mode where i open the arsenal menu multiple times to show you the low FPS i keep getting. PLEASE FIX !!!

Pagan's DLC vid:

gameplay is fine, UNTIL I OPEN A MENU at 12:15. completely unplayable after that!!!

Story mode test:
    this is how it happens so no matter what i do in order to play the game NORMALLY i should not open the menu or hope that it doesn't randomly lower my fps.

PC Specs:
    CPU: i7-4790
    GPU: RX 580 4gb
    RAM: 16GB
    installed on SSD
    no HD Textures

• Mipala.
    12 posts

still no fix yet? lol

• mickharnas
    29 posts

@mipala

Yep, this is unbelieveable. No response, no fix...

• Gmabutas96
    1 posts

Still not fix? What a shame I have the same problem too.

• TomFrag
    2 posts

Same issue for me.
    My config:
    AMD Ryzen 5900x
    RTX 3070 8go
    32 gb RAM DDR4
    Monitor: Dell S2721 dgfa (1440p, 165hz)
    The game is installed on a SSD (Samsung 850 pro).

HD texturepack is on. I try to desactivate it, but nothing change. I try with Ray tracing on, RT off, FSR on, FSR off, no change.
    I try to swich from Win10 pro to Win11, no change.

• Kondor6666
    3 posts
    AMD Ryzen 5900xRTX 3070 8go32 gb RAM DDR4

AMD Ryzen 5600x
    RTX 3070 8go
    32 gb RAM DDR4

the same problem
    fix ????

• Kondor6666
    3 posts
    the same problem
    fix ????