ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff Original poster 5646 posts

Hello there,

We have opened up this thread as part of the investigation into potential causes of stuttering and low FPS in-game. In this thread, we are collecting reports from players who are experiencing stuttering / low FPS when moving the camera around.

If you are experiencing a different cause being stuttering / low FPS whilst playing Far Cry 6, please check out our full list of ongoing investigations in our "Reported Issue Megathread List," or open up a new thread if you are unable to find a thread that matches the issue you're encountering.

If you haven't already, we would recommend that you first take the time to try these basic PC troubleshooting steps, as these steps will help to ensure that your system is in optimal condition. In particular, I would recommend that you disable any background applications, as these can conflict with game files and cause performance issues, such as stuttering. You can try running a Clean Boot: (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows-da2f9573-6eec-00ad-2f8a-a97a1807f3dd) to establish if there are any programmes conflicting with your game files. We have also had reports that disabling the Ubisoft Connect Overlay can help to alleviate low FPS and stuttering in-game. If you haven't given this a try already, I would recommend that you do so.

If the stuttering continues to persist after trying these troubleshooting steps, please can you provide us with the following information:

• What are your system specs (CPU/GPU)?
    • Are you using the HD texture pack? If so, have you tried disabling this to see if the stuttering improves?
    • Does the stuttering only occur when doing a specific action? If so, which action?
    • Does the game autosave when doing this action?
    • Can you please upload your affected save file to the cloud? This support article can show you how to do this.
    • Please can you provide us with an image of your video settings?
    • Can you please share a video which demonstrates the stuttering occuring when moving the camera around in-game?

I would recommend uploading any images/video to a sharing platform, such as Google Drive or One Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread. We will also open up a support ticket for you so we can collect your system files, as these will be helpful for the investigation.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2436 posts
    Best Answer

Hello guys!

As we've had no further reports of this issue in quite some time, this thread will be locked.

If you do happen to encounter any further issues with your FPS in-game while moving the camera, please feel free to create a new thread.

When doing, so could you please include the following information;

• Any troubleshooting steps you've already tried
    • Your PC specs (GPU, CPU, RAM, Laptop / Desktop)
    • Are you using the HD texture pack? If so, have you tried disabling this to see if the stuttering improves?
    • Can you please upload your affected save file to the cloud?
    • Please can you provide a video of your in-game video settings?
    • Can you please also share a video demonstrating the stuttering occurring in-game when moving the camera?

You are also more than welcome to contact us via Email / Live Chat, Facebook and Twitter.

Thank you very much!

Official Response
  • craftercis
    60 posts

@ubi-borealis

What are your system specs (CPU/GPU)?
    CPU: Intel i9-9900K
    GPU: MSI Suprim X RTX 3090

Are you using the HD texture pack? If so, have you tried disabling this to see if the stuttering improves?
    Yes, I'm using the HD texture pack. When I turn this off the stutters are less but still there.

Does the stuttering only occur when doing a specific action? if so, which action?
    When I turn on the HD texture pack, the stutters are so bad that it just doesn't play well anymore. The stutters are there all the time. They get worse if you move quickly through the map using a car or horse. So it has nothing to do with 1 specific action.

Does the game autosave when doing this action?
    Sometimes.

Can you please upload your affected save file to the cloud? This support article can show you how to do this.
    Done

Please can you provide us with an image of your video settings?
    Settings that I play with now:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18ZJTgsPkFeP_uDT7yonW1_KWYzgShbZ3?usp=sharing: (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18ZJTgsPkFeP_uDT7yonW1_KWYzgShbZ3?usp=sharing)
    But when I set my settings to the recommended standard all is ultra HD pack on and all the raytracing is on. But then I have stutters

Can you please share a video that demonstrates the stuttering occurring when traveling in-game?

• ProvenSpeed
    1 posts

@ubi-borealis

I have the exact same issue. Frame rate drops and stutters when turning the camera. I also have a 9900k and Nvidia 3090.

High Settings, No DXR.

• Mr.Gepardas
    7 posts

@ubi-borealis

What are your system specs (CPU/GPU)?
    CPU: AMD 5800X
    GPU: ASUS RTX 3060Ti

Are you using the HD texture pack? If so, have you tried disabling this to see if the stuttering improves?
    No, but tried to install it still same stuttering, then uninstalled it, still same stuttering

Does the stuttering only occur when doing a specific action? if so, which action?
    The stutters are there all the time. They get worse with fast movement like car/horse, but also in areas of the game map where there are more objects, still cannot find which objects they are, as in the jungle environments not experiencing this kind of camera movement stutter. Tried both controller and mouse, and both have the same stutter in the same places, it's like when certain objects or materials show up on the screen the game has a stutter.

Does the game autosave when doing this action?
    No

Can you please upload your affected save file to the cloud? This support article can show you how to do this.
    Tried to perform this, but since I am on PC cannot see the option

Please can you provide us with an image of your video settings?
    Already tried changing settings from highest to lowest, can be seen in the video below that the only settings that reduce the stutter are Shadows and World Detail. It does not eliminate the stutter but greatly reduce it.

Can you please share a video that demonstrates the stuttering?

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

Thank you for taking the time to share your reports regarding the stuttering / low FPS you have encountered when moving the camera around. I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced this issue in-game.

@craftercis - I've reached out to you within our autosave stutter Megathread for more information about the videos you've shared here. In future, I would avoid sharing the same report in multiple threads, as this can cause some confusion when gathering information. For now, let's continue our discussion about these videos in the autosave stutter Megathread 🙂

@ProvenSpeed - I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing frame rate drops and stutters when turning the camera. Would you be able to provide us with the following information:

• Does the stuttering only occur when turning the camera?
    • Does the game autosave when doing this action?
    • Can you please upload your affected save file to the cloud? This support article can show you how to do this.
    • Please can you provide us with an image of your video settings?
    • Can you please share a video which demonstrates the stuttering occuring when moving the camera around in-game?

@Mr-Gepardas - Thank you for providing us with as much of the requested information as possible, including those videos. These are very helpful for further investigation! I'm sorry to hear that you've had some trouble uploading your save to the cloud. You should still be able to do this following the steps provided in the linked support article. If you're having trouble uploading your save, would you be able to send us a video that shows what happens when you try to follow these steps? That will help us to investigate why you may be unable to do this.

I've also reached out to you via your support ticket, as we'd like to collect some updated system files from you. Can you let us know once you've been able to upload these? We can then ensure that they're included in your report to the development team.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Mr.Gepardas
    7 posts

@ubi-borealis have uploaded the newest versions of the log files and uploaded the save game to the cloud. Not sure what was causing the issue before, but it was just getting stuck, like couldn't make connection. Stutter is still there, really distracting and it just prevents me from playing the game. Have about 11 Hours of play time and around 8 hours is just trying to deal with this stuttering issue.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Mr-Gepardas!

I apologise for my delayed response. Thanks for uploading a copy of your save to the cloud for us, as well as uploading your system files to your support ticket. I've now forwarded your report to the development team for a closer look. If we require any additional information from you, we'll reach out within this thread.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2436 posts
    Best Answer

Hello guys!

As we've had no further reports of this issue in quite some time, this thread will be locked.

If you do happen to encounter any further issues with your FPS in-game while moving the camera, please feel free to create a new thread.

When doing, so could you please include the following information;

• Any troubleshooting steps you've already tried
    • Your PC specs (GPU, CPU, RAM, Laptop / Desktop)
    • Can you please upload your affected save file to the cloud?
    • Please can you provide a video of your in-game video settings?
    • Can you please also share a video demonstrating the stuttering occurring in-game when moving the camera?

You are also more than welcome to contact us via Email / Live Chat, Facebook and Twitter.

Thank you very much!

Official Response

Suggested Topics