ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-SpaceCats
    Community Representative 939 posts

Hey @guest-n0yuh1tu, sorry to hear you're experiencing these stutters. We've seen this mainly reported for PC. Can you take a video for me of it happening on your Xbox?

Official Response
  • guest-n0yuh1Tu
    4 posts
  • guest-n0yuh1Tu
    4 posts

@ubi-spacecats I uploaded the video

• PTTDaV_80
    4 posts

HI All,

Since the last update i'm confronted with a similar problem except that it happens randomly and seems to be targetted by opening the map or starting up the workbench.
    The game becomes extremely laggy alsmost impossible to play anymore. Sometimes it recovers other times it doesn't.
    My Rig :
    Ryzen 5 3600
    16Gb DDR4 Ram
    Asus RTX 3060Ti

I play on Ultra Hd textures on, but the problem is still happening on other settings too.
    I don't know what i can do to give you more info, but i'm ready to provide it !!

Greetings from Belgium,
    David

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1182 posts

@guest-n0yuh1tu Thank you for providing that video. However, this is the forum for Far Cry 6. Please post about your issue in this forum instead so we can get that properly investigated.

@PTTDaV_80 Thanks for that information! It sounds like you may be experiencing a different issue which we've been investigating HERE. I recommend taking a look and sharing your information there.

Official Response
  • Ryjon.
    13 posts

@Ubi-Keo The autosave stutter is improved, but not gone.
    Since Feb 1st, it's far less severe and intrusive to gameplay flow, but unfortunately it still exists. It does still break immersion into the game world.

Every time i pick up an item/ammo/resources the game still stalls for a brief moment when the autosave icon appears in the top right corner of the screen. It no longer feels like i've been stopped in my tracks repeatedly when i'm collecting pickups, but it still visibly freezes for a fraction of a second. Enough to be noticeable, enough to get annoying after a while.

The main game world and the DLC worlds are still the most affected by the stutter.
    The special operation worlds show considerably less stutter, almost unnoticeable.

Lets hope the devs' can find the cause and eliminate the stutter completely, It's been around far too long. It would be disappointing to see it permanently ruin another Far Cry game.

• PTTDaV_80
    4 posts

@ubi-mushy Thx I posted my info in the other thread !

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2973 posts

Hey @ryjon

Thanks for letting us know you've seen some improvement at least. I hope this is something you see eliminated completely with more updates.

Official Response
  • Biffa999
    4 posts

OK, fixed it by moving Uplay Launcher to a SSD drive. I had it on a mechanical drive. Uplay don't like slow drives 😃

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2973 posts

Glad to hear that @biffa999 and thanks for sharing what worked for you. Hopefully it may apply to others too.

Official Response
  • bobro2SVK
    1 posts

I did find out that this was causing my old SSD. I moved Ubisoft Game launcher (where the save games are stored) to a new SSD and the stuttering went away.

• Sparhawk122
    80 posts

@biffa999 I had this issue with NVMe M.2 SSD?

• tanngtang
    2 posts

i've the same issue

whenever i interact with an object,like picking up scraps , fps stutters

• Ywap
    57 posts

So this is still an issue?

I thought Ubi were about to take care of this problem months ago. Are you still looking into this?

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1182 posts

@bobro2svk Awesome to hear moving the game fixed the issue for you!

@tanngtang @Ywap Sorry to hear you're both affected by this issue. Could you try moving your game to a different drive and see if it persists? I recommend using your 😄 drive and installing Ubisoft Connect and the game there.

Official Response
  • Ryjon.
    13 posts

This autosave stutter is still an major issue for myself and many others.
    It has been an issue since Far Cry 5 introduced autosave as a feature.

The key detail that i have noticed, is that it gets progressively worse the further into the game you get, it starts around 25% game progress and gets worse from there.

@Ubi-Mushi , While moving the game to an SSD might fix it for some people, it does not fix it for those of us who already have it installed on an SSD, and have had it on SSD's from the start.

I have already posted my issue in detail on page 4 of this thread.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff Original poster 6078 posts

Hello there,

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update from the investigation into stuttering / low FPS whenever the game autosaves. The dedicated teams have been unable to reproduce this issue when carrying out further testing following recent game updates.

As the dedicated teams have been unable to reproduce this issue in-game following additional testing, we will now be marking this thread as "Resolved."

If you are still experiencing stuttering / low FPS whenever the game auto-saves, please can you provide us with the following information:

• What are your system specs (CPU/GPU)?
    • Have you completed all of the steps on this basic PC troubleshooting support article?
    • Are you using the HD texture pack? If so, have you tried disabling this to see if the stuttering improves?
    • Can you please upload your affected save file to the cloud.
    • Please can you provide us with an image of your video settings.
    • Can you please share a video which demonstrates the stuttering occurring following an autosave?

I'd recommend uploading any videos to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread we can take a closer look at.

@Ryjon - I'm sorry to hear you're still experiencing an autosave stutter. Would you be able to provide us with an updated report with the information requested above? I can see that you shared three PC specs earlier in this thread, so can you confirm the specs of the PC you are currently using?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ryjon.
    13 posts

@ubi-borealis All of the relevant information has been provided in my original post. I am currently using the 3rd build, but i still use the other two for various tasks. Multiple ssd's and gpu's have been swapped in and out of those 3 pc's for testing (including a few other pc's owned by friends), with no real improvement. After 4 years, Far Cry 5, Far Cry New Dawn and Far Cry 6 all still have the autosave stutter issue after 50% game progress. This is an "Autosave Stutter" issue, not a graphical stutter issue, changing graphics setting makes no difference. It has been well documented since Far Cry 5.

• No HD texture pack
    • 3 games on multiple P.C's over 4 years.
    • Multiple P.C's in multiple configurations. (software and hardware)

As this issue has been effectively marked as "solved", i'm going to assume that Far Cry 6 is now yet another "Ubisoft Abandonware" title that will never be finished properly. Considering just how buggy this game (and some others) still is after this amount of time has passed, i'm going to have to bow to the wisdom of most of my other gamer friends and abandon Ubisoft entirely, as they have done long ago. I've been an Ubisoft fan since Far Cry 1 and the original Ghost Recon, but it's clear to me now that Ubisoft values quantity over quality, and has adopted an attitude that is clearly not customer friendly.

Having paid full price for a triple A title from a triple A publisher/developer, i do not appreciate being treated like an unpaid beta tester. Being asked to supply videos and screenshots and game saves and a multitude of other details just to be able to use the product i have purchased is downright insulting. Why is the paying customer expected to do the testing for you ? should not the testing have been already done before it is sold to the consumer ? If not, then the paying customer has been intentionally sold a faulty product. Again.

As i have said before, "No other retail industry would tolerate this kind of behavior", and just because it says "as is" in the EULA does not make it right or acceptable.

Thanks! 😊

• Ywap
    57 posts
    Speculation: It's Denuvo causing the stuttering and Ubi refuse remove it. Instead they pretend that they can't recreate this issue.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff Original poster 6078 posts

Thank you for sharing an update with us, @Ryjon. As it has been some time since your initial report in January, I wanted to check that the information you provided us then was still up-to-date.

This thread has been marked as "Resolved" as the dedicated teams have been unable to reproduce this autosave stutter when carrying out testing following recent game updates. If you're still experiencing this stutter in-game, then we'd like to look into this further and reopen the investigation into the autosave stutter. We've asked for videos from affected players as the dedicated teams have been unable to reproduce this issue themselves, so a video showing that the issue still occurs in-game is very helpful for further investigation. This is also why we request up-to-date save files as well.

If you do not wish to provide a video or submit a save file, that's absolutely fine and is entirely up to you. If you decide that you'd like to share an up-to-date video or save file with us, please let us know and we can forward your report to the team for further investigation.

If you are also experiencing this autosave stutter in-game, @Ywap, then can you also please provide us with the additional information requested above? I'm aware you've shared a report with us previously, however I'd like to ensure that we have an up-to-date report from you to submit to the dedicated teams. In particular, a video demonstrating the stutter in-game would be helpful for further investigation.

Thank you 🙂

Official Response

Suggested Topics