ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• FriteuseBelge
    34 posts

Stuttering occurs while looting, all the time when picking an item up (triggering auto-save maybe ?). And it happened to a lot of players for weeks now...

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff Original poster 6078 posts

Hello there,

Thank you for continuing to share your reports with us regarding the stuttering you've encountered whenever the game autosaves, and to provide us with additional information.

Regarding the autosave stutter that happens when picking up items only - the development team are aware of this issue and will be deploying a fix for this specific stutter in a future update. Once we have more details to share, such as an ETA for when this update will be released, we will let you know within this thread or via patch notes posted within the News & Announcements forum.

@Ywap - Would you be able to provide us with a video that shows the stutter occurring whenever you discover a new location in-game? We can then pass this along to the development team for further investigation.

@Snakeam - Thanks for providing me with some more information about the stutters you've encountered, and that they also occur when discovering a new area.

You mentioned before that you don't have any video capturing software on you computer. Is there any other way you'd be able to capture some footage for us, such as using a camera? You may find that you have the Xbox Game Bar on your system as well, as this is included in Windows Operating Systems. Having videos that show the stuttering occuring whenever the game autosaves when discovering a new location etc would be very helpful for further investigation.

If you're encountering stuttering in Assassin's Creed Valhalla as well, then I recommend that you share this report in their dedicated Player Support forum. They'll then be able to investigate this issue further.

@craftercis - Thanks for providing me with some more information on the different triggers for the stutters you've experienced. I've now forwarded your reports to the relevant investigations so the development team can take a closer look at these. I appreciate you taking the time to collect all these different reports and videos - they're very helpful for the ongoing investigations! 😄

@FriteuseBelge - I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering a stutter whenever you pick up items in-game. Does the stutter happen whenever the game autosaves without picking up an item? If so, would you be able to provide us with the following information:

• What are your system specs (CPU/GPU)?
    • Are you using the HD texture pack? If so, have you tried disabling this to see if the stuttering improves?
    • Does the stuttering occur when carrying out other actions (such as picking up items or switching weapons)?
    • Can you please upload your affected save file to the cloud? This support article can show you how to do this.
    • Please can you provide us with an image of your video settings?
    • Can you please share a video which demonstrates the stuttering occuring when the game autosaves in-game?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • FriteuseBelge
    34 posts
    @ubi-borealis Case : 15472456

FIidelityFX Super Resolution is OFF, Fidelity FX CAS is OFF and the HD texture pack is OFF. The issue occurs with the texture pack enabled and disabled. It occurs for weapons, clothes, animals, vehicles (interiors and exteriors), some terrains, a little bit of everything. It happens after dying, changing some visual settings (and even other settings but not sure about that).

undefined

undefined

undefined

undefined

undefined

undefined

+ as I said, it happens picking items up mostly (looting). Stuttering is stuttering, I don't want to launch that broken game again, I got a very bitter feeling just thinking about the game. There are plenty of videos out there... Sorry to sound disrespectful, but cmon, info already told several times, support and in posts, and videos, images everywhere on this forum, on YouTube... how many weeks now since release and you are still asking the same info over and over again ? Like Vaas said, that's insanity...

• Ubi-Borealis

Thank you for sharing your report with us again in this thread, @FriteuseBelge. I've taken a closer look, and it seems like you shared this report in our blurry textures megathread. As this is a different issue to the stuttering / low FPS encountered in-game, this may be why I've missed your report about stuttering in-game previously. I apologise for any confusion that may have been caused here.

Just to clarify, are you only experiencing the stuttering when picking up items in-game? If so, the development team will be deploying a fix for this specific stutter in a future update. If the stuttering also occurs whenever the game autosaves without picking up items, please can you specify what actions cause the stutter? This will help us to ensure that your report is included in the relevant investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • FriteuseBelge
    34 posts

@ubi-borealis No problem. Essentially when looting, so when picking up an item yes. Every time there is autosave basically.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2865 posts

Hey there, @friteusebelge - thanks for your response.

Just to make sure we're definitely understanding, does this stuttering happen with autosaves even when not looting or picking up items?

Official Response
  • FriteuseBelge
    34 posts

@ubi-thrupney Yes, autosaving also brings stuttering when not looting or picking items up.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2865 posts

Thanks very much for clarifying that for me, @friteusebelge

I can see you've been in touch with our support team when discussing the issue of blurry textures. I've gone ahead and created a new support ticket on your account, which you'll find by logging in here. Can you generate new DxDiag and MsInfo files, and upload them to that ticket? This will allow me to create a report for our teams to investigate the issue you've reported about stuttering whenever the game autosaves.

I understand this has been a lot of information to go through, and I really appreciate your help. As you can imagine, PCs come in all different configurations and combinations of hardware and software, so the best way for us to help with these issues is to investigate reports directly from players. As such, any reports we receive are of great help when looking into issues such as these.

Let me know if I can clarify this at all!

Official Response
  • FriteuseBelge
    34 posts
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello again @FriteuseBelge!

Thanks for updating your support ticket with new system files. I've now forwarded your report to the development team. Can you please also upload your save file to the Cloud? The development team are interested in taking a closer look at these as part of the ongoing investigation as well. This support article can show you how to upload your save to the Cloud.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • FriteuseBelge
    34 posts

@ubi-borealis I just did it now. Thanks.

• craftercis
    60 posts

@Ubi-Borealis
    Hey!

After the last update today (Title Update 3) I notice that the stutters have become much less on my set-up. I'll make a list of which stutters I no longer notice often and which I still notice.

What I don't see often anymore:

• HD texture pack stutter.
    • Move quickly around the map.

What do I often see:

• Autosave stutters triggered by item pickup.
    • Autosave stutters triggered by new location discovered.
    • Autosave stutters triggered by old location discovered.

At the bottom of this post is a link to a new gameplay video. Here you can see that the stutters have become much less. All settings are at their highest and RTX is on.
    Very happy with this new update.

Keep it up!

Gameplay video:

• FriteuseBelge
    34 posts

@craftercis Same experience. In some cases, the stuttering doesn't happen by picking an item up, for example when I'm in a hostile area. If I pick items inside that area, no problem, no stutter. But in the open world, just exploring, looting + auto-save brings stuttering.
    That said, game is more fluid now, that's for sure. Finally a decent experience. But those little stutters are still pretty annoying.
    And you are right, same for me, it happens when a new location is discovered, or entering an area.

• craftercis
    60 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • FriteuseBelge
    34 posts

IMPORTANT :

I fixed the issue by doing these actions :

• Moving Ubisoft Connect to my NVMe M.2 (where the game is installed - NOTE : my OS isn't installed on that drive, but on a separate SSD drive) - I thought about this since it helped to fix one issue on Steam, moving Steam to the same drive helped
    • Updating my AMD chipset driver to the last version (3.10.08.506)
    • Updating my BIOS to the F36e version

Doing that seems to have fixed the stuttering. That said, and it is important, I didn't check the game after trying each solution above, only after doing them all. So I cannot know which one truly fixed the issue. That doesn't mean you have to flash your BIOS for example, it's not a common solution, and it's still risky.

So, i would suggest to :
    1 - Move your launcher where your games are installed (or on your fastest drive)
    2 - Update your chipset driver (Intel or AMD)
    3 - As a last solution, be sure to have the last BIOS version

About my specs :
    Motherboard : Gigabyte X570 GAMING X (rev 1.0) - Resizable BAR activated
    CPU : AMD Ryzen 5 3600X - STOCK configuration, no OC
    Memory : 16gb RAM (2*8) at 3200mhz (CAS 16)
    GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 GAMING X TRIO - OC with MSI Afterburner (OC profile activated - software closed, not running in the background) : Core clock +140mhz / Memory clock +1200mhz
    OS : Windows 10 Professionnel 64-bit (10.0, Build 19043)
    PSU : Cooler Master B700 ver.2 80PLUS - 700w
    Playing at 2560 x 1440 144hz - Gsync activated

• craftercis
    60 posts

@friteusebelge

Your autosaving stutters are gone now?
    Mine is still there but I did already the same thing you tell here.

• FriteuseBelge
    34 posts

@craftercis Yes, the annoying ones are gone for good, like for looting. It still happens, but not as often as before, when reaching an area, or of course when the game saves during a mission. But those "stutters" are more common in gaming I would say.

What is your GPU ? If you have a Nvidia one, try switching to the Studio driver instead of the Game Ready driver, it fixed the stuttering on Insurgency Sandstorm for me, and allows me to play Forza Horizon 5 without stutering as well. Overall, better drivers, more stable.

• Tomas_Jari
    7 posts

@ubi-wheelyduck You wanna people to buy Far Cry DLCs or Far Cry game? fix autosave bug omg. Ubi is the worst company. Seriusly.

• Tomas_Jari
    7 posts

Do you wanna to people buy far cry or far cry dlcs? fix that autosave bug. ubi is the worst company, seriusly. such a problem.

• Necronomicon999
    4 posts

Greetings.. same issue here I stop playing uninstall the game very sadly this is not fixed two months later for a supposed triple A game.

None of these work:

Updated drivers (nvidia)

Uninstall

Verified game files

Defrag Hard Disk (Auslogics Disk Defrag Professional)

Modified gamerprofile autosave=1 to 0 DisableMidmap = 0 to 1 , blah.blah..

Why it occurs also on Far Cry New Dawn??

nota bene: my card is a nvidia 1060 6gb but this also occurs on high-end cards 20/30 series oh my...

Suggested Topics