ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff Original poster 6078 posts

Hello there,

We have opened up this thread as part of the investigation into potential causes of stuttering and low FPS in-game. In this thread, we are collecting reports from players who are experiencing stuttering / low FPS when the game autosaves.

If you are experiencing a different cause being stuttering / low FPS whilst playing Far Cry 6, please check out our full list of ongoing investigations in our "Reported Issue Megathread List," or open up a new thread if you are unable to find a thread that matches the issue you're encountering.

If you haven't already, we would recommend that you first take the time to try these basic PC troubleshooting steps, as these steps will help to ensure that your system is in optimal condition. In particular, I would recommend that you disable any background applications, as these can conflict with game files and cause performance issues, such as stuttering. You can try running a Clean Boot to establish if there are any programmes conflicting with your game files. We have also had reports that disabling the Ubisoft Connect Overlay can help to alleviate low FPS and stuttering in-game. If you haven't given this a try already, I would recommend that you do so.

If the stuttering continues to persist after trying these troubleshooting steps, please can you provide us with the following information:

• What are your system specs (CPU/GPU)?
    • Are you using the HD texture pack? If so, have you tried disabling this to see if the stuttering improves?
    • Does the stuttering occur when carrying out other actions (such as picking up items or switching weapons)?
    • Can you please upload your affected save file to the cloud? This support article can show you how to do this.
    • Please can you provide us with an image of your video settings?
    • Can you please share a video which demonstrates the stuttering occuring when the game autosaves in-game?

I would recommend uploading any images/video to a sharing platform, such as Google Drive or One Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread. We will also open up a support ticket for you so we can collect your system files, as these will be helpful for the investigation.

Thank you 😊

Official Response
  • Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Best Answer

Hello there,

I'd like to reach out to you all with an update from the investigation into stuttering / low FPS whenever the game autosaves. The dedicated teams have been unable to reproduce this issue when carrying out further testing following recent game updates.

As the dedicated teams have been unable to reproduce this issue in-game following additional testing, we will now be marking this thread as "Resolved."

If you are still experiencing stuttering / low FPS whenever the game auto-saves, please can you provide us with the following information:

• Have you completed all of the steps on this basic PC troubleshooting support article?
    • Are you using the HD texture pack? If so, have you tried disabling this to see if the stuttering improves?
    • Can you please upload your affected save file to the cloud.
    • Please can you provide us with an image of your video settings.
    • Can you please share a video which demonstrates the stuttering occurring following an autosave?

I'd recommend uploading any videos to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread we can take a closer look at.

@Ryjon - I'm sorry to hear you're still experiencing an autosave stutter. Would you be able to provide us with an updated report with the information requested above? I can see that you shared three PC specs earlier in this thread, so can you confirm the specs of the PC you are currently using?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • RitzPaul94
    41 posts

Please ubisoft fix it even picking up something causes stutter
    rtx 2060
    ryzen 5 3600
    16gb ram
    wd ssd

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2865 posts

Thanks for your post about this, @ritzpaul94 , and my apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I understand from this and your posts on other threads you are facing stuttering while autosaving, and when picking up items. I'm sorry to hear about this!

I can see our development teams are looking into this issue now. I don't have any updates to share at the moment, but I'd urge you to keep an eye on the News & Announcements section of the forum for patch updates. Sorry for the inconvenience in the meantime, and let me know if you've any questions at all.

Official Response
  • Tomas_Jari
    7 posts

@ubi-thrupney Any news about Autosave Stutter? It's all internet. thx

• Snakeam
    5 posts

Hello dears,

I have the same issue which is preventing me from enjoying the game. Actually am going to put the game on hold till this is fixed. The game stutters like crazy when it autosaves, whether its picking up items or any type of autosave. This breaks the enjoyment and it makes me close the game to play something else.

My PC specs as follow:-
    CPU:- Intel Core i9 9900K (not OCed)
    Motherboard:- Asus ROG Maximus XI Code Bios ver. 1901
    Rams:- 32 GB of DDR Dominators Rams
    GUP:- ASUS ROG STRIX 3080 Ti LC Driver Ver. 496.76
    Operating System:- Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit
    Ubiconnect and the game are installed on a Samsung M.2 SSD 970 Pro 1TB

Graphics Setting:-
    All Ultra with FSR at Ultra Quality + HD Texture installed (Removing HD Textures doesn't help)
    Resolution:- 4K@120 fps (FPS Locked at 117 fps with G-sync enabled)

Please resolve this. Its really annoying and breaking the fun.

To be noted, This is also an issue with Assassins Creed Valhalla, But it doesnt auto save every time I pick up items

• Ubi-WheelyDuck
    Ubisoft Support Staff 996 posts

Hey @tomas_jari,

I am afraid I do not have an update at the moment but I can assure you that this is under active investigation.

As Ubi-Thrupney advised, once we have an update it will be available on the News and Announcements section of the forum.

Many thanks

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello there @Snakeam!

I've moved your post into our new Megathread, in which we are investigating reports from players experiencing stuttering / low FPS when the game autosaves. Thanks for providing us with information about your PC specs, as well as letting us know that you've tried disabling the HD texture pack already.

Just to confirm, have you been able to try the troubleshooting steps suggested in my original post? You can find all of these steps at the top of this thread.

If you have tried all of these steps and the stuttering still persists, can you please provide us with all of the following information:

• Does the stuttering occur when carrying out other actions (such as picking up items or switching weapons)?
    • Can you please upload your affected save file to the cloud? This support article can show you how to do this.
    • Can you please share a video which demonstrates the stuttering occuring when the game autosaves in-game?

We can also look into opening a support ticket for you, so we can collect your system files for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ywap
    57 posts

@ubi-borealis

Intel I7 8700k
    Asus prime z-370-P
    RTX 3080
    32gb DDR4 32000mhz
    Windows 10 home
    Samsung 1tb Sata SSD

Graphics settings

1600x1200 @ 60hz
    All on max except for HD textures that are turned off

My problem: Constant stuttering when the game autosaves. Item pickup, new location etc.

• craftercis
    60 posts

@ubi-borealis

What are your system specs (CPU/GPU)?
    CPU: Intel i9-9900K
    GPU: MSI Suprim X RTX 3090

Are you using the HD texture pack? If so, have you tried disabling this to see if the stuttering improves?
    Yes, I'm using the HD texture pack. When I turn this off the stutters are less but still there.

Does the stuttering occur when carrying out other actions (such as picking up items or switching weapons)?
    Yes. Every time you pick something up, the game saves. Very much unnecessary. This also causes more stutters.

Can you please upload your affected save file to the cloud? This support article can show you how to do this.
    Done

Please can you provide us with an image of your video settings?
    Settings that I play with now:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18ZJTgsPkFeP_uDT7yonW1_KWYzgShbZ3?usp=sharing: (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/18ZJTgsPkFeP_uDT7yonW1_KWYzgShbZ3?usp=sharing)
    But when I set my settings to the recommended standard all is ultra HD pack on and all the raytracing is on. But then I have stutters

Can you please share a video that demonstrates the stuttering occurring when traveling in-game?

• Snakeam
    5 posts

@ubi-borealis

Hello Dear, Sorry I hadnt have enough time to reply, here is the following reply to your queries:-

Yes, It stutters when picking up items when it autosaves. If I am in a mission and it doesnt autosave, there is no stutter. nothing related to switching weapons. only when it autosaves. there are slight stutter when gaming normally if I enabled HD Texture pack.

It is already uploaded, my save files for all my Ubisoft games are in the cloud.

Sure. Attached

I don't have any video capturing program, Sorry I am unable to do that.

• Kurea_Hasumi
    9 posts

I quit playing this game because EVERY time you loot an item the game saves and stutters around like a drunkard....WHY? WHY?.....

WHY open a "dedicated thread to investigate what is going on" instead of just TURNING THE AUTO SAVE ON PICKUP OFF with a patch?!

What's funny is sometimes (for some unknown reason) the game will bug out and stop saving when you are looting. It is always temporary but the game is such a joy to play when this happens. You can FULL SPRINT and loot with absolutely zero stutter....its' so nice. Then 10 minutes later it starts saving again and it's a stutter fest again.

I made the mistake of purchasing Valhalla now I am dealing with a game that CTD every 45-60 minutes.....

• FB_Om3gaPrime
    3 posts

I have it happen it badly.
    i9-9900k
    2070super
    32gb ram
    all temps under 70°c
    game installed on same ssd as the connect launcher, no HD texture, settings on medium, 1440p.

example:

• Lidi_Melo
    12 posts

@ubi-borealis

With me this problem is not recent.

Happened after updates in Far Cry 5 and New Dawn

In this one, the first thing I noticed when I bought the game was that it didn't have this problem.

With each update that came out I hoped that the problem would not appear.

But after two previous updates, the problem came up.

Unfortunately, I don't believe the problem can be solved because it's an old and recurring problem.

• mikez19999
    30 posts

They took 19 pages of people complaining about this can renamed it without bringing over any of the trouble shooting information that others have already gone through.
    Ubisoft has no intention on fixing this or they are unable to [Removed on 29/11/2021 by @Ubi-Borealis]
    This is an ongoing issue since Far Cry 4, Far Cry 5 and New Dawn... Didn't Ubisoft have enough people post their system specs and videos back then and still never fixed it.
    These forums are designed to placate customers and nothing more.
    [Removed on 29/11/2021 by @Ubi-Borealis]
    Ubisoft insults their customers by asking for system information when they know the issue is not on the users end.
    Even Microsoft has all but said that this DRM nonsense is causing issues with WIndows 11 and they are having to work with companies to develop work-arounds for this.
    Denuvo, VMProtect and possibly Ubisoft Connect (although who knows because can't play a game on there without some form of DRM) are the cause of the issue, not the end users system.
    Take a clue from Capcom with Resident Evil and remove this nonsense [Removed on 29/11/2021 by @Ubi-Borealis]

• Ywap
    57 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ywap
    57 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Borealis

Hello there,

Thank you for sharing your reports within this thread regarding stuttering / low FPS when the game autosaves.

@Ywap - Thank you for letting us know your system specs, and for sharing the video you captured again in this thread. I notice in the video that the stutter only occurs when picking up items. Please note that the development team are aware of this specific issue, and will be deploying a fix in a future update! Once we have more details to share regarding the fix for this stuttering, they will be shared via patch notes within the News & Announcements forum.

You mention that you also experience stuttering when travelling to a new location. Would you be able to provide us with another video that shows the autosave stutter you encounter when you aren't picking up items? We can then pass this along to the development team for a closer look.

@craftercis - Thanks for taking the time to share your reports within this new thread, and for providing us with all of the requested information. I'd like to ask a couple of questions about some of the videos you've shared, just to clarify information and to ensure that they are forwarded to the correct investigation:

• In "Far Cry 6 Gameplay," can you let us know what specific actions are causing your game to stutter? You demonstrate a number of actions (such as driving, shooting, interacting with your amigo and triggering an autosave). Knowing which specific actions trigger the stutter will be helpful for further investigation.
    • It looks like "Far Cry 6 Gameplay (MAX SETTINGS) has already been passed on to the development team for a closer look. Thanks for sharing this with us again!
    • I've shared your findings regarding MipMap with the development team, who are looking into this further.
    • We have a different Megathread for the investigation into a higher rate of stutter when using a mouse instead of a controller. Would you be able to share your report within this thread instead? We've asked for some additional information in this Megathread, so I'd appreciate you taking the time to check it out 🙂
    • In "Far Cry 6 Gameplay (Frame Graph), it looks like you encounter more persistent stutters whilst driving, but also when sprinting/sliding during combat. Would you say this is correct, or do you think there are additional triggers for the stuttering?

@Snakeam - Thanks for providing us with more information about the stutters you're experiencing, and for including images of your video settings! Just to clarify, does the stutter only occur when you pick up items and the game autosaves following this? Or does the stutter also occur when the game autosaves and you haven't picked up an item?

As mentioned above, the development team will be deploying a fix for the stutter caused specifically when picking up items in-game. I'd like to confirm the issue you're encountering so we can make sure your report is forwarded to the correct investigation.

@Kurea_Hasumi - I'm sorry to hear that you've been encountering stuttering whenever you pick up items in-game. The development team will be deploying a fix for this specific issue in a future update, so please keep an eye out for more details in our News & Announcements forum.

If you are experiencing a stutter whenever the game autosaves without picking up an item, please can you provide us with more information?

@FB_Om3gaPrime - Thank you for sharing a video with us that shows the stuttering you're encountering whenever you pick up items in-game. The development team will be deploying a fix for this specific stuttering issue in a future update. Once we have more details to share, such as an ETA for the fix, we will let you know within the forums.

If you are encountering an autosave stutter when you aren't picking up items (such as after a fast travel or when moving between areas), please can you let us know more about this?

@Lidi_Melo - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We'd like to collect some additional information from you to assist with the ongoing investigation. Would you be able to let us know the following:

@mikez19999 - Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. The previous "Stuttering / Low FPS" thread was discontinued as we have now opened up several investigations into different causes for stuttering / low FPS in-game. Creating separate, dedicated threads for these different reports helps us to keep all similar reports in an easy-to-find location, and to provide further updates without as much confusion.

We ask affected players about their system specs as this information is helpful for the investigation. Rest assured that the development team are looking into what could potentially causing the stuttering / low FPS in-game further. Once we have any updates to share with you all, they will be posted within the forums.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Ywap
    57 posts

@ubi-borealis Not really travelling to a new location, but when you discover a new location the game autosaves and stutter in the same way it does in the "pick up item stuttering" video 🙂

• Snakeam
    5 posts

@ubi-borealis
    Hello Dear, the game stutters when it autosaves. doesn't matter if I am picking up items or discovering a new location.. the moment it autosaves, stutters happen

Hope this helps. Please fix this as this is preventing me from enjoying the game. I have stopped playing the game because of this stutter

Also note, like I mentioned before, the Autosave stutter also occurs in Assassins Creed Valhalla... But thankfully Valhalla doesn't autosave every action I do

• craftercis
    60 posts

In "Far Cry 6 Gameplay," can you let us know what specific actions are causing your game to stutter? You demonstrate a number of actions (such as driving, shooting, interacting with your amigo, and triggering an autosave). Knowing which specific actions trigger the stutter will be helpful for further investigation.
    From what I've noticed, these are the most common stutters:

• Fast driving (horse, car).
    • Trigger auto save.
    • Sliding
    • When you dive into the water I also experience 1 big stutter.

It looks like "Far Cry 6 Gameplay (MAX SETTINGS) has already been passed on to the development team for a closer look. Thanks for sharing this with us again!
    Great news thanks!

I've shared your findings regarding MipMap with the development team, who are looking into this further.
    More great news 🙂

We have a different Megathread for the investigation into a higher rate of stutter when using a mouse instead of a controller. Would you be able to share your report within this thread instead? We've asked for some additional information in this Megathread, so I'd appreciate you taking the time to check it out 🙂
    I will do that!

In "Far Cry 6 Gameplay (Frame Graph), it looks like you encounter more persistent stutters whilst driving, but also when sprinting/sliding during combat. Would you say this is correct, or do you think there are additional triggers for the stuttering?
    Correct. But also the points I mentioned above.

Suggested Topics