ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• iamdw
    8 posts

Autosave stutter has been an issue since at least Far Cry 5. Didn't play 4 or Primal but couldn't find anything about in searching. Then New Dawn had it and here we are with 6. It seems to be the current Dunia engine. Sadly i just got used to it by now and am not expecting it to get fixed soon as it's been 3 games in a row, all with different hardware on my end. Even my current setup with an NVMe dedicated to games with Ubisoft Connect on the same drive.

• Ywap
    81 posts

For me it started in Primal but it only happend on location discovery and one more thing that i can´t remember. But i remember that i had no autosave stutter on item pickup in that game.

After that, with Far Cry 5 the whole thing exploded and i had stuttering every time the game auto saved.

Like you @iamdw i´ve had different hardware for every game but the stuttering remain.

• iamdw
    8 posts

@ywap yea, doing further searching lead me to the final "known issues: (https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/1998340-Known-issues-29-03-2019)" thread from the most recent game, New Dawn:

[PC] Game stutters when autosaving
    Description: In some cases, the game's framerate can drop when saving data, particularly during autosave
    Workaround: This stutter can be related to the low speed of the hard drive/SSD or the CPU load. Players experiencing this issue should reduce the visual settings of the game.

So maybe it just will never be fixed minus an option to turn of Autosave, which we've been asking for since ~5.

• ozzie93742011
    2 posts

@ubi-borealis

I get this 2-3 times per play session where the textures go super grainy and frames drop to 10 fps.

• ozzie93742011
    2 posts

@ozzie93742011

PS:

EVERY item has yellow skin exclamation marks after this last update. After the latest drop frame event, I paused and started manually opening every gun in every category and scrolling over the default skins (and others) for each weapon.

I got through about 90% before I was rewarded with a hard freeze/crash. Here is hoping at least that progress was saved.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff Original poster 6075 posts

Hello there!

I apologise for my delayed response. Thank you for continuing to update this thread with your reports of stuttering / low FPS whenever the game autosaves following the release of Title Update 3. For clarity's sake, I'd like to provide you all with an update of the ongoing investigations into this issue:

• Experiencing stuttering / low FPS whenever an item is picked up and the game autosaves
      • Investigation Status: Pending fix
      • Additional Comments: The development team will be deploying a fix for this specific stutter in a future update! Once we have more details to share, such as an ETA for when this update will be released, they will be posted within this thread and via patch notes within the News & Announcements forum.

• Experiencing stuttering / low FPS whenever entering a newly discovered area and the game autosaves
      • Investigation Status: Under investigation
      • Additional Comments: The development team have been able to reproduce this issue during testing and are investigating further. To help with the ongoing investigation, please can you provide us with as much of the following information as possible:
        • What are your system specs (CPU/GPU)?
        • Are you using the HD texture pack? If so, have you tried disabling this to see if the stuttering improves?
        • Does the stuttering occur when carrying out other actions (such as picking up items or switching weapons)?
        • Can you please upload your affected save file to the cloud? This support article can show you how to do this.
        • Please can you provide us with an image of your video settings?
        • Can you please share a video which demonstrates the stuttering occuring when the game autosaves in-game?

@craftercis - Thanks for providing us with an update, as well as a new video! I'd like to ask you a bit more about the following report you've made:

Autosave stutters triggered by old location discovered.

Would you be able to provide us with some more clarification of this issue? Is the stutter experienced when you move from one region to the next (such as from Gran Finca Power Station to Noventarmas - 0:37 in your video - )? If you have any specific videos that demonstrate this stutter, this will help us to investigate this issue further.

@FriteuseBelge - Thank you for providing us with an update, and for letting us know how you've been able to resolve most of the stuttering issues you've encountered in-game! I'd like to ask you a bit more about the following statement you've made:

It still happens, but not as often as before, when reaching an area, or of course when the game saves during a mission.

Do you happen to have any videos that show the stuttering occuring when the game autosaves during a mission? We can then pass these along to the development team for further investigation of this specific stuttering.

@Tomas_Jari, @Necronomicon999 & @iamdw - I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing an autosave stutter in-game. Would you be able to provide us with some more information about this? Does this autosave stutter happen whenever you pick up an item or discover a new area? If so, I'd recommend checking the investigations I've listed above.

If you've encountered the stuttering when discovering a new area, please can you provide us with the requested information? We can then pass this along to the development team as part of the ongoing investigation.

If the cause of the stutter isn't listed above, please provide us with as much information about what causes the stuttering / low FPS in-game as possible, as this will help us to investigate further.

@ozzie93742011 - Just to clarify, does your FPS drop permanently to 10 FPS? Or does it quickly restore once the game has stopped autosaving? If you're experiencing a permanent drop in FPS, I'd recommend checking out this dedicated Megathread into the investigation of low FPS following a few minutes of gameplay after the release of TU3.

You also mention that every item in your inventory is marked with a "!" following the latest update. We have an ongoing Megathread for this issue, which I recommend checking out for more information and updates from this investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • TariqZelzal
    6 posts

I'll be very happy if you guys can fix the autosave stutter, it really detracts from the gameplay.

• Bladerunner4077
    193 posts

I am also seeing this issue. Hopefully it’s fixed soon.

• craftercis
    60 posts

@ubi-borealis

Hey! Glad I can help with this. I think I made a mistake. At 2:19 I thought that was an already discovered location. But now when I look at it again I think it was not discovered yet. Sorry for the miscommunication.

• FriteuseBelge
    34 posts

@ubi-borealis You can see what happens in craftercis' video. Same happens to me.

• yo0k
    1 posts

@ubi-borealis I can hardly believe it that you guys are finally fixing these issues. For me, it's the reason why I refused to purchase Far Cry 5, Far Cry New Dawn and Far Cry 6 for anything close to the regular price. 12 euro for FC5 and FC:ND was fine and have not bought Far Cry 6 yet.

If these issues are indeed fixed, would Ubisoft also consider applying these fixes to Far Cry 4, 5 and ND? I don't remember if Far Cry 3 had the issue as I didn't have a high-end system at the time I played it. If Ubisoft would do this, suddenly Far Cry 4, 5 and ND would become much more of a classic that people would reinstall on their high end systems. With games typically running so smooth these days (e.g. Doom Eternal), this issue that Far Cry has been having for the past +/- 7 years (?) is really a pain and distraction.

Having this fixed would be so great. Simply having the option of disabling auto-save would also work by the way.

• Sparhawk122
    80 posts

@fb_om3gaprime This exact thing happens to me too.

My Specs:

-ASUS ROG Thor 1200W Platinum PSU
    -Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro 360mm Liquid CPU Cooler
    -Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSD 2TB
    -Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    -Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3733mhz 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4
    -ASUS ROG Maximus XI Extreme Motherboard
    -ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 Ti OC 11GB
    -Cooler Master Cosmos C700M A-RGB Full Tower Case
    -Intel Core i9 9900KS Special Edition Processor
    -Asus PG348Q ROG Swift UWQHD 100Hz G-Sync 34in IPS Gaming Monitor.

Latest driver updates and OS version for Windows 10.

Playing at 3440x1440p mix of high and some ultra settings. HD texture pack yes. But I have 11GB VRAM which the texture pack recommends. Capped at 60 FPS to reduce FPS fluctuations.

The autosave is what produces the stutters. Picking up resources nodes is the main factor. This issues has been present for a few months now since the game launched. And that they have yet to find a fix is disheartening. I remember when Ubisoft games used to be indicative of "high quality". Now it's anything but as their talent seems to be leaving them in favour of different hiring practices.

• Necronomicon999
    4 posts

Greetings..I dont think this issue will be fixed this year guys, seems more like a pain in the a ss for the ubisoft team.

Cheers,
    -Albi

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

Thank you for continuing to update this thread with your reports of stuttering / low FPS whenever the game autosaves. I'd like to provide you all with a reminder of the ongoing investigations into stuttering that's caused following an autosave in-game:

• Experiencing stuttering / low FPS whenever an item is picked up and the game autosaves
      • Additional Comments: The development team will be deploying a fix for this specific stutter in a future update! Once we have more details to share, such as an ETA for when this update will be released, they will be posted within this thread and via patch notes within the News & Announcements forum.

• Experiencing stuttering / low FPS whenever entering a newly discovered area and the game autosaves
      • Additional Comments: The development team have been able to reproduce this issue during testing and are investigating further. To help with the ongoing investigation, please can you provide us with as much of the following information as possible:
        • Are you using the HD texture pack? If so, have you tried disabling this to see if the stuttering improves?
        • Does the stuttering occur when carrying out other actions (such as picking up items or switching weapons)?
        • Can you please upload your affected save file to the cloud? This support article can show you how to do this.
        • Can you please share a video which demonstrates the stuttering occuring when the game autosaves in-game?

If you are encountering an autosave stutter following a different action, please can you let us know within this thread so we can investigate this further as well?

@TariqZelzal - Just to clarify, are you only encountering the autosave stutter when picking up items in-game? Or does the stutter occur when the game autosaves after other actions (such as discovering a new location)?

@craftercis - Thanks for clarifying that for me. No worries about the mistake! Your reports have been really helpful to the investigations so far 😄 If you notice a stutter occuring following an autosave with any other actions, please don't hesitate to let us know so we can take a closer look.

@FriteuseBelge - Would you be able to provide us with a timestamp from @craftercis's video that mirrors the stuttering you're encountering? They've clarified that the stutter occurs when a new location is discovered, which we've notified the development team about. We don't yet have any videos that shows the stuttering occuring when the game autosaves during a mission (unless this is linked to picking up an item or discovering a new area). If we can pinpoint the specific stutter you're referring to, this will be helpful for the investigation.

@yo0k - Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and suggestions with us regarding deploying similar fixes for previous Far Cry titles. We would be unable to speculate on any future updates planned for any of these older titles. If there are plans announced to deploy performance fixes for other Far Cry titles, this information will be shared via patch notes on our official platforms, so I'd recommend keeping an eye out for any news.

@Sparhawk122 - Thanks for taking the time to share your report with us regarding the stuttering you've experienced when picking up items. The development team are aware of this issue and will be deploying a fix in a future update! Once we have more confirmed details to share, such as an ETA for this fix, we will let you know within this thread once they are made available.

@Necronomicon999 - Would you be able to provide us with some more information about the stuttering issue you've encountered in-game? I asked some questions in my previous post, which you haven't yet responded to. If you missed them, you can see my questions again below:

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing an autosave stutter in-game. Would you be able to provide us with some more information about this? Does this autosave stutter happen whenever you pick up an item or discover a new area? If so, I'd recommend checking the investigations I've listed above.

If you've encountered the stuttering when discovering a new area, please can you provide us with the requested information? We can then pass this along to the development team as part of the ongoing investigation.

If the cause of the stutter isn't listed above, please provide us with as much information about what causes the stuttering / low FPS in-game as possible, as this will help us to investigate further.

If you can provide us with this information, it will be very helpful for our investigation into these stutters.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • ronniearnold
    6 posts

@sparhawk122
    We have almost an identical system. I'm having the exact same issues. I submitted a support ticket on this. [redacted]

• TariqZelzal
    6 posts
    Hello there!

Thank you for continuing to update this thread with your reports of stuttering / low FPS whenever the game autosaves. I'd like to provide you all with a reminder of the ongoing investigations into stuttering that's caused following an autosave in-game:

If you are encountering an autosave stutter following a different action, please can you let us know within this thread so we can investigate this further as well?

@TariqZelzal - Just to clarify, are you only encountering the autosave stutter when picking up items in-game? Or does the stutter occur when the game autosaves after other actions (such as discovering a new location)?

@craftercis - Thanks for clarifying that for me. No worries about the mistake! Your reports have been really helpful to the investigations so far 😄 If you notice a stutter occuring following an autosave with any other actions, please don't hesitate to let us know so we can take a closer look.

@FriteuseBelge - Would you be able to provide us with a timestamp from @craftercis's video that mirrors the stuttering you're encountering? They've clarified that the stutter occurs when a new location is discovered, which we've notified the development team about. We don't yet have any videos that shows the stuttering occuring when the game autosaves during a mission (unless this is linked to picking up an item or discovering a new area). If we can pinpoint the specific stutter you're referring to, this will be helpful for the investigation.

@yo0k - Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback and suggestions with us regarding deploying similar fixes for previous Far Cry titles. We would be unable to speculate on any future updates planned for any of these older titles. If there are plans announced to deploy performance fixes for other Far Cry titles, this information will be shared via patch notes on our official platforms, so I'd recommend keeping an eye out for any news.

@Sparhawk122 - Thanks for taking the time to share your report with us regarding the stuttering you've experienced when picking up items. The development team are aware of this issue and will be deploying a fix in a future update! Once we have more confirmed details to share, such as an ETA for this fix, we will let you know within this thread once they are made available.

@Necronomicon999 - Would you be able to provide us with some more information about the stuttering issue you've encountered in-game? I asked some questions in my previous post, which you haven't yet responded to. If you missed them, you can see my questions again below:
    I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing an autosave stutter in-game. Would you be able to provide us with some more information about this? Does this autosave stutter happen whenever you pick up an item or discover a new area? If so, I'd recommend checking the investigations I've listed above.

If you can provide us with this information, it will be very helpful for our investigation into these stutters.

Thanks! 😊

Hi,

The stutter occurs everytime the game autosaves; picking up items, moving through the world, etc.

• Ubi-Borealis

Hello there!

@ronniearnold - I'm sorry to hear that you're encountering stuttering whenever you pick up items in-game. The development team are aware of this issue and will be deploying a fix in a future update. We don't yet have an ETA for when this update will be deployed to the game. Rest assured that once we have more details available, they will be posted within this thread and via patch notes in the News & Announcements forum.

In future, we'd recommend that you refrain from sharing your support case number within the public forums, as it's considered to be private information. I've now removed this information from your post.

@TariqZelzal - Thanks for providing us with more information about the stutters you're experiencing in-game. Would you be able to provide us with more information about the auto-save stutters you've encountered when the game autosaves when moving through the world? If you have any videos you can share that demonstrate the stutter, that would be helpful for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • ronniearnold
    6 posts

@ubi-borealis Whoops, my bad. Thank you!

• Ubi-Borealis

You're welcome @ronniearnold! Once we have more information to share regarding the fix for the autosave stutter when picking up items, we will let you know within the forums as soon as we're able to 🙂

Official Response
  • FriteuseBelge
    34 posts

@ubi-borealis From 4:12 to 4:28, you can see the stuttering occuring when looting. Left side of the screen, you can see the framerate being impacted, happening when looting.

Suggested Topics