ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• FriteuseBelge
    34 posts

The most frustrating part is that autosaving - with all the trouble it brings like stuttering - can't even put you back at the last good place it saved, or the one you were expecting. So all the ennemies and context around you at the last save are just... gone. It always teleports you at some random places when you die, and stuff disappear, ennemies re-appear, it's so badly thought. Kills the immersion...

• ronniearnold
    6 posts

What is the status of this? When are they targeting the launch of the patch?

• Sparhawk122
    80 posts

@ronniearnold They are sure taking their time. I think they may not be able to fix it due to lack of expertise in their field. No other explanation for an issue that has existed in more then this game and for many years now.

I've uninstalled the game and have no motivation to finish it until the autosave stuttering issue is resolved. It's a giant fun killer.

• FriteuseBelge
    34 posts

Finished the game 2 weeks ago, uninstalled it. Game was fun but most of the time boring and of course, those technical issues. Waited too much for a mediocre experience after all. Never pre-ordering Ubisoft games again, never pre-ordering games again. And I'm not going to replay it, one run is enough. Repetitive, full of bad mechanics, lost AI, that said the gunplay is fun, which saves it all, plus the map and the world, very detailed and nice to the eyes. But isn't it all about Far Cry after Far Cry 2 and Far Cry 3 ? Lovely to the eyes from outside but extremely poor and full of issues inside... In the end, it's all about doing the exact same actions, over and over again, thinking it's as fun as before, facing technical issues and dealing with horrible mechanics. A shame for a triple A title.
    Their games deserve maximum 20€. Ubisoft, they don't deserve your 60€, they deserve what they give us, 20 it is. Maximum.

• xtracker85
    55 posts

@sparhawk122

I've also put off this game for about a month now due to the autosave stuttering. It was giving me a headache. However, seeing how long it's taking them to push out a fix for it (and how they never even bothered to fix it in previous games), I'm starting to think it may never get fixed. Might just have to cut my losses and put Ubisoft games on my blacklist of games to never buy again.

• WRowan
    1 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • ronniearnold
    6 posts

I think this might be fixed with the most recent patch. I've played 3-4 times and have not noticed much if any stuttering. I hope this works for everyone else.

• MrChris.
    10 posts
    I think this might be fixed with the most recent patch. I've played 3-4 times and have not noticed much if any stuttering. I hope this works for everyone else.

Anyone else can confirm this? The Patch notes did not say anything about a fix.

• Sammarok
    177 posts

@ronniearnold
    Auto save stuttering is not fixed with latest patch

• xtracker85
    55 posts

So, I've tested the new patch and although the autosave stuttering is still there, it seems to be much much better than before and not so noticeable. The game is a lot more playable now, at least for me. Good job, devs.

• Biffa999
    4 posts

It's NOT fixed. In Assassin's Creed Valhalla no issues at ALL with auto saiving but here it's a stuttering mess for me.

• TariqZelzal
    6 posts

On my system, the autosave stuttering has really improved with this latest update. Frametime analysis still shows minor spikes at the time of autosaving but to my eyes, it's negligible and no longer distracting while playing. Also, the crashes I used to be getting from switching out weapons from my arsenal seem to be gone. Thank you to the devs and community liaisons for working to resolve these problems.

• H0BBS-
    15 posts

I'm 75% completion and I have not noticed any auto-save stuttering when picking up items.
    It would usually be intolerable by this point in the campaign.

• Sammarok
    177 posts

@h0bbs Remember that there are places where autosaves does not auto save when you pick up items. @ubi-borealis But I have to say it, today I was testing the game more, and the autosave stuttering is still there but is not massive as it was before, and also there is less stuttering overall, I mean, there is still stuttering but is not as bad as before, still is a big improvement they did with the latest patch, I am wondering why they didn't mention this at all in the patch notes, if this is not Ubisoft doing then is nvidia? (recent driver 511.65) . Anyway, a big high five to the developers, they really improved the issue, hope they continue improving the game.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4692 posts

Hi everyone,

Apologies for the late response.

@dancefreak7 @philmyers @Ryjon @Tomas_Jari @xtracker85 @ronniearnold @Necronomicon999 @FriteuseBelge @FB_Om3gaPrime @UKstu99 @Sparhawk122 @RedRalph Could you please confirm if you are still experiencing this issue after the most recent update that was released on February 1st?

@tariqzelzal @xtracker85 @H0BBS @Sammarok I'm pleased to hear that you have noticed some improvement since the latest update, I will pass your feedback on to the development team.

@Biffa999 I'm sorry to hear that you are still experiencing issues with stuttering after installing the latest update.

Can you go through the PC troubleshooting steps in the support article here as there have been known to help resolve issues such as games not launching, crashes, freezing, FPS drops and more.

Please confirm if these steps help to resolve or improve the issue.

If the issue does persist after the troubleshooting could you also confirm and provide the following:

• What are your system specs (CPU/GPU)?
    • Are you using the HD texture pack? If so, have you tried disabling this to see if the stuttering improves?
    • Can you please upload your affected save file to the cloud
    • Please can you provide us with an image of your video settings
    • Can you please share a video which demonstrates the stuttering occurring in the in-game menus
    Official Response
  • DrWest644
    15 posts
  • Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4692 posts

Hi everyone,

If you are experiencing issues with stuttering / low FPS when the game auto-saves then can you please go through the PC troubleshooting steps in the support article here as there have been known to help resolve issues such as games not launching, crashes, freezing, FPS drops and more.

However, if the issue still persists after the troubleshooting then could you also confirm and provide the following:

• What are your system specs (CPU/GPU)?
    • Are you using the HD texture pack? If so, have you tried disabling this to see if the stuttering improves?
    • Can you please upload your affected save file to the cloud
    • Please can you provide us with an image of your video settings
    • Can you please share a video which demonstrates the stuttering occurring in the in-game menus
    Official Response
  • DrWest644
    15 posts

@ubi-keo This is madness...Round and round in circles!!!!!!!!!

• Ywap
    56 posts

To those of you who still play the game: Was the autosave stuttering patched eventually?

• guest-n0yuh1Tu
    4 posts

@ywap I am playing on Xbox series x and yes, the stutters whenever the game autosave are still there.

Suggested Topics