Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• So - Has anyone actually heard (like in the last month) that there is going to be new content for D2?

0 Likes/28 Replies/738 Views
    The_Vig1lante
    Original poster 66 posts

We heard in 2020 that there wasn't going to be any new content for D2, but there will be presumably in time for Christmas 2021. Since this is Black Friday, was hoping to hear something but have heard nothing.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Adrian-11
    798 posts

@the_vig1lante

We heard about Specs revamp and a "new season" and maybe an apparel "event", which are not new content in my book.
    If anyone whishes for another WONY, most likely they will deeply disappointed (me included).

• The_Vig1lante
    Original poster 66 posts

@adrian-11 I would have considered a new season new content, but I see your point

• LateNiteDelight
    531 posts

@adrian-11 your expectations were way too high for a game that was essentially EOL until Ubi pivoted this spring. Most of the original team is off working on other projects, so it's basically Trick & Yannick trying to get a bunch of new folks up to speed as quickly as they can, all while still not being back to full operation.

We are getting a new Game Mode as well.

If we are to get a new paid DLC on the level of WONY, you're probably looking at next Winter or Spring of 2023.

• dagrommit
    780 posts

@the_vig1lante the new content isn't expected until February: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/game/the-division/the-division-2/news-updates/76iviwhtPviBcgLnJWt7Uo/an-update-from-the-division-2-team

And yeah, the only way we're getting another WoNY is if it's paid DLC - and there's been no indication that's going to be the case.

• echolecter
    116 posts

We will get new content in the near future but it will be just that. What most people actually want is new game play, which I doubt will be added but of course I can be wrong. Technically a new weapon, gear set (as if there aren't enough already), colored skins, or clothing is new content. It will also include new seasons but this will probably be the same old manhunt stuff we've been doing last two years since WONY was released.

• LateNiteDelight
    531 posts

@echolecter we're getting some type of new game mode. This means it's more than just a season type update - more along the lines of Last Stand, Survival, Piers, or Underground/Summit - for free.

Now, this new game mode could suck, it could simply be fun for a month or two, or it could add solid replayability. We don't know yet - but I personally consider that, along with new story elements [likely via Season/Manhunt], new content - even if others only count new map/missions.

Also, we are getting Heartland later on. While not tied to TD2 or on the level of a The Division X game, it does sound like it's another DLC level project, also free. Ubisoft seems to try and space their similar updates about 2-3 months apart. So for similar, roadmap would be Motherland, TD2, Heartland, then something next fall [Avatar?]?

With Avatar almost ready for primetime, I anticipate that moves Thylander & Co to Star Wars. Then once they've built that base and tweaked Avatar they'll move to TD3. Since that puts TD3 more in line for Spring 2024 or later - I would hope that means Paid DLC 15-18 months from now. I'm thinking we also get Paid Breakpoint DLC next November/December.

• V4MPiR1
    111 posts

@the_vig1lante The above link is the official statement.

The salient paragraphs of what to expect in the next 3D7H leading up to the "new season" and other 'content' in February appears to be a rehashed unofficial season with a "new" (per prior statement) apparel event:

At the end of Season 7 in December, we will be organizing an in-game event, reintroducing some player-favourite global events, associated with new rewards and an apparel event. We will reveal more information about this event closer to its availability date.

Last but not least, the reveal of the new Season and its associated content, including the new game mode, will happen in January 2022. We can't wait to tell you more about the whole content of this update! To make sure we are building the best experience, we will also organise a dedicated PTS period on PC to collect your feedback and help us put the finishing touches before the release.
  • As1r0nimo
    162 posts

@dagrommit
    New content after a year of nothing - it's obviously will be Paid DLC. And I hope, that it will be paid, actually.

• dagrommit
    780 posts

@as1r0nimo I'd be fine with a paid expansion, as that would imply something more substantial. But I'm not assuming it will be.

• As1r0nimo
    162 posts

@dagrommit There will be a new game mode. Something big and for the first time in The Division overall.
    So it will be paid with a lot of new content.
    Otherwise, why would they bother spending a whole year on it?

• LateNiteDelight
    531 posts

@as1r0nimo It will probably be free, a sorry for the EOL, then not dance. Breakpoint did the same thing with Motherland. Don't expect anything substantial or paid until 2023.

Which makes me wonder if we're finally getting a dynamic turf war, but I don't want to get my hopes up. I'd actually love it if they reworked Kenley into something fun. Such a cool place, with such an annoying mechanic.

• dagrommit
    780 posts
    Otherwise, why would they bother spending a whole year on it?

People don't realize how much work is involved in creating games. And while Ubi Bucharest is a large studio, we don't know how many people are working on the new content (they also worked on Far Cry 6, Riders Republic and GR:Frontlines).

• As1r0nimo
    162 posts

@latenitedelight Sorry for what exactly?

• Adrian-11
    798 posts

@as1r0nimo

I would like very much the same as you, but in my opinion, the signals are not very encouraging.
    Yes, they talk about game mode (I hope for something dynamic like Piers West), a new season, and some other changes (i.e. Specs, maybe something else). But I don't believe it will be an expansion, with new maps and/or locations or stories.
    Yet there is still hope for something good... there are so many low-hanging fruits if they would listen.
    It's a shot in the dark, we don't really know... just that their latest blunders don't give good vibes at all.

• DutchLMB4ever
    156 posts

I'm hoping for a lot of Legendary missions but if we get that it's probably only Tidal Basin and National Zoo.
    But I keep my hopes up for:
    DARPA Research Labs
    The Pentagon
    Liberty Island
    Coney Island Amusement Park
    Coney Island Ball Park
    Camp White Oak
    On top of Tidal & National Zoo.

• dagrommit
    780 posts
    People don't realize how much work is involved in creating games.

To expand on this - a comment from a producer @ Massive:

• Metal_Greg
    89 posts

Here's a couple quotes from the update on the official site in October. "We remain confident that this content will bring an exciting experience to our players and pave the way for the future of The Division 2 with future title updates coming in 2022." "This title Update will be one of our most ambitious to date."

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/game/the-division/the-division-2/news-updates/76iviwhtPviBcgLnJWt7Uo/an-update-from-the-division-2-team

• Noxious81
    459 posts
    (...) So it will be paid with a lot of new content. (...)

I'm wondering whether there are any official sources that have been speaking about the new content being free or paid? Because personally I too think that this content will be and should be paid. Just like "Last Stand", "Survival", and also "Underground" as new game modes were paid DLCs.

I would much more prefer a more refined and more ambitious update for which I have to pay over lazy and lame but free new content. And as they have already stated they seem to be aiming for the ambitious version... so why should a year's hard work be given away for free?

• xcel30
    403 posts

@noxious81 Well ubisoft is the one that kickstarted (and originally ended) the developtment cycle, if the studio is already being paid out based on the fact they want to revive the game then i think they will be worried about quality, you can make quality free updates and you can make horrible paid updates. Siege and Ghost recon are good examples of both paid and free content quality varying to horrible degrees, just think like this, what if originally all Year 1 content was paid and WONY was free, would you still be saying that was purely because one of them was paid the content was better?

Suggested Topics