ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• So - Has anyone actually heard (like in the last month) that there is going to be new content for D2?

0 Likes/28 Replies/749 Views
    BT3241
    120 posts

I read that its pushed back to February , specialization will be redone and they also plan to continue adding content its not dead yet.

• Noxious81
    828 posts
    (...) you can make quality free updates and you can make horrible paid updates.
    (...) what if originally all Year 1 content was paid and WONY was free, would you still be saying that was purely because one of them was paid the content was better?

I totally agree that "paid" doesn't necessarily mean "good" and that "free" doesn't necessarily mean "bad". And that's not what I wanted to imply. I just tend to see more core value in software products which need to be purchased. The Witcher III DLCs still are a masterful showpiece for that kind of paid content add-ons for me. And I also think that the TD1 Season Pass (including Underground, Survival, and Last Stand) delivered some very good content. And that's because such content can amortize itself.

Whereas a lot of free content (games or add-ons) needs to find other means of monetization to actually pay off for the publisher – that is if they did spend some time creating and developing that content. Because the other way around free content may not be that appealing and may be seen as lackluster and missing depth.

That's why I'd gladly pay for the new TD2 content, because I'd like the devs to be paid and given time to create a product that wows us and makes them proud.

• TxDieselKid
    289 posts
    @noxious81: That's why I'd gladly pay for the new TD2 content, because I'd like the devs to be paid and given time to create a product that wows us and makes them proud.

100% this. I would be happy to pay for a well polished WONY style DLC.

• xcel30
    692 posts

@noxious81 I guess i sounded more snarky than i wanted so apologies about that, just feels like this community somtimes already has set their mind on few subjects and i hear a lot of people saying that only good content is paid and all free content is bad even if it came from the same developers and thought this was just a another of the same of people judging not quality of the product but the tag that was coming with it as more important

• Noxious81
    828 posts
    (...) I guess i sounded more snarky than i wanted so apologies about that,

That's very much appreciated, but you really don't need to apologize. Maybe my answer sounded more snarky than intended so that I now owe you an apology 😉 – because I really just realized that I maybe could not express myself the way I wanted with my first posting. But I think we got things straight now!

just feels like this community somtimes already has set their mind on few subjects and i hear a lot of people saying that only good content is paid and all free content is bad even if it came from the same developers and thought this was just a another of the same of people judging not quality of the product but the tag that was coming with it as more important

True, there are certain prejudices simply based upon the fact whether something is free, cheap, or expensive. But there isn't a guarantee that paid content will be quality content (and of course not all free content is [censored] content). After all I guess we all would be very happy to see some quality content popping up for TD2 in February. That's the most important thing. Whether Ubi/Massive wants to monetize this content with an initial price tag or via ingame purchases is probably much less important.

• Adrian-11
    881 posts

Oh. well... Ubi just announced that they will start selling "NFTs" (aka. cosmetics with tiny numbers on them) for GR Breakpoint... exactly what that game was missing.
    I would not be surprised if the D2 "new content" will come packaged with that as well.

• Imagine_Brata
    418 posts
    you can make quality free updates and you can make horrible paid updates

Outriders latest update is also good example of free good content.

• TxDieselKid
    289 posts
    @imagine_brata Outriders latest update is also good example of free good content.

Even prior to Avengers coming out, it was said that ALL future DLC content would be free.

Suggested Topics