ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SpirantCrayon22
    Original poster 1686 posts

I'm up to 2 out of 50 after rush-assassinating about ten baddies. While it could be a glitch it could also be I'm not quite doing it right. Getting the white lines in the air, getting an assassination animation. Anyone got a tip?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Khaos004
    58 posts

@spirantcrayon22 I'd love some tips too. I thought I had about a dozen, but nope, zero.

• lemmie88
    289 posts

@spirantcrayon22 When I was assassinating yesterday, it was taking a few minutes to register on the Ubi Connect counter. Maybe just slow servers?

Otherwise, I try to sprint, not just run. I found it easier in Lincoln, where there are patrols about, but Eivor is free to run around (or any area where not suspected). You can just run around and bowling over guys minding their own business. Used to be I wouldn't make Eivor do such things, but after running over chickens with my horse last week, I have lost all standards.

• Khaos004
    58 posts

@lemmie88 Thanks. And then do you have to be out of combat to do it again, one by one? Feels like this will take forever. I was wondering about Lonlingstone bandit camp Raven trial, and rushing them instead of ledge or air assassinations.

• lemmie88
    289 posts

@khaos004 yes, you have to be out of combat to be able to assassinate again. Sorry, I'm not familiar with that trial, so have no helpful input!

• azullFR
    2241 posts

@spirantcrayon22
    hi all 🙂

I've just tried this (it will take some time to achieve...)
    (approximative english, sorry)

Before test :

All this was made on easiest mode 😉

Stayed out of combat all this time

• I took this skill : the one that pull people down to the ground

• Found an area with patrols by 3

• Pushed 1 "back soldier down to the ground" + waited he was again "on is foots" and that the 2 others were a bit far away
    • sprinted onto is back (I used daggers becaure they are lightweight, no weapon needed except, maybe, for the runes)

• I did the same thing for the 2nd one, here he is down and the other is walking away :

• for the the last one I didn't had to push him down, here it is :

All 3 were validated for the challenge :

Not a quick way, but sure to have all these validated
    Hope this will help someone a little 🙂

The most problematic in this challenge, for me, is to know when Eivor, at full stamina, is running, sprinting or just fast walking = pressing L3 repetively and seeing no change is really weird.... and really problematic for my thumbs = I have use a backbutton attachment on my PS4 controller or to leave the game for days just after 4 or 6 hours of gameplay....

• thegardener25
    177 posts

@spirantcrayon22, @Khaos004. If you look at the icon for this challenge on ubiconnect, it's the 'Blinding Rush' ability icon. If you don't use Blinding Rush, then I'd recommend assigning it for this challenge!
    If you activate the ability, time slows down, & as you approach an enemy, hit the assassination as soon as you see the prompt! Because there are 2 prompts, with a window in-between. If you hit it right, then Eivor will leap up & one hit assassinate the enemy. The guard will fall, as will Eivor. But leave it too late, & you hit the 2nd assassination type.

Anyhow, I found that if Eivor leaps into the air (from running on the ground, towards an enemy), to take out the enemy. Then the kill registers in UbiConnect.

• SpirantCrayon22

Thanks for the comments, it takes some working out!

My first thought was Blinding Rush but it didn't appear to help. I'll try that again. I also think it's related to that stuff about running (or not) but again hard to see exactly whether it's working.

• azullFR
    2241 posts

@spirantcrayon22

I also think it's related to that stuff about running (or not)

you are right, from my tests :

• all running assassinations did count (the ones where Eivor jump on the ennemi to assassinate,
    • if he(r) does not jump and, or does not assassinate = not counted

[EDIT] : while running I try to use the "R1" (Attack/Assassinate) button just before the "prompt" appears because these prompts are quite laggy on PS4 pro + SSD... , but not too early because it will attack and not assassinate... weird design (Assassination vs Attack : AC Odyssey (and all the other games with assassination that I played) = the player choose // AC Valhalla the game and the lag choose...👎 )

• phi-kas59
    8 posts

Hello guys,
    Thanks for your tips.
    I had only 4 kills but I finished the 46 remaining ones tonight. I did it by sneaking behind adversaries, running then sprinting (by pushing the leftbutton, I'm on pc with a xbox pad) and,as soon as the assassination is possible, striking RB to do it. Eivor then leaps and assassinates. I did go to Lincoln and tried to sprint/assassinate everyone. I missed about 10-15% but in about an hour I finished the 46 I needed. Lincoln is great for this because there is a lot of enemies by groups of no more than 4-5. I rushed to kill one then ran to go out of combat mode and do the same to another one. There is a lot of streets and houses so it is quite easy.
    Good luck to you all !!

• SpirantCrayon22

Indeed, thanks for the tips. I got up to 34 fairly easily. Gloucester is probably a good one, too; higher-level than Lincoln so more drops from enemies, easier to navigate, has a lot more random loot baskets all over.

Suggested Topics