ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ZatTheAlien
    Original poster 20 posts

For a few days I have almost no traffic in the game and seemingly less npc's, the highways are all empty in map mode, so are the cities too. After a while of driving around,traffic cars appear around me, but if I fast travel to a new area there is no traffic again.I also see no other players, although occaisionally I do get a chase request appearing in the top right corner of the screen, someone else must be playing too, I presume.I also notice a lot less police around.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• S5yn3T
    89 posts

@zatthealien Sounds like game server is degrading again, which is about time since the server hasn't had maintenance for quite a long time now

• ZatTheAlien
    Original poster 20 posts

@s5yn3t

Maybe it is time to issue an offline patch ?

This game absolutly deserves an update, it is a gem.

• S5yn3T
    89 posts

@zatthealien only that there's nothing to do offline
    heck even online its hard to find things to do.
    putting aside on how terrible the netcode is in this game if you don't setup a static ip, just trying to find someone to cruise around with is already difficult.
    summit events get stale quickly.
    Connecting to a pvp lobby can be a coin toss, you either connect reasonably fast... or not at all (can't even connect immediately even tho you have a crew with you, ivory tower pls)
    missions meh
    And yet the game is more fun to play than The Crew 2, but for long term and without friends... there's just nothing to do really.

It would be great if they released a patch that fixes bugs from calling all units, improved connectivity overall, improved performance on pc when playing at 60 and introduced offline mode (even tho again there's nothing to do offline)
    But i doubt that will ever happen, they canned the game 3 years ago to focus on gta crew 2, and the only support left is the server maintenance.... Even then they do nothing, unless it completely degraded and they finally reboot the thing, or if the game hits a specific Date when a boneville summit ends, where it then locks out every player except for base game players out of the game for 2 weeks, then they start pumping lies that they're looking into it Even tho in reality they just stall everyone for 2 weeks until the game fixes itself and everything goes back to normal.
    Never ending cycle.

• ZatTheAlien
    Original poster 20 posts

@s5yn3t

A few weeks ago my internet was off for a day because of an accident with the cables somewhere,,,offline I cannot play the Crew, I was thinking mostly of that sort of thing when I mention an offline patch.I wish that they would upgrade this game and add a race editor and do the graphics and especially the poor lighting up,,,,Only a dream though.

I uninstalled the Crew 2 more than a year ago after being sick of the disappointments, the game is basically rubbish, the cheap lackluster updates just get worse too. lucky I only paid 14 euros for it and I still feel robbed.The graphics look terrible, the car headlighs are still rubbish too.....No Crew 3 purchase for me if they ever release it, unless the reviews etc are good and they fixed the constant disappointments.Trouble is most of the youtubers are bought, the reviews from ign, etc are unbelievable, they gave 10 out of 10 for the new forza game that has got more bugs than a junkies bed.Not to mention it is basically a childrens game now.

• S5yn3T
    89 posts

@zatthealien I've actually played new forza for a bit (and quite a lot more of horizon 4 which i enjoy quite a bit tbh)
    Ye, right now its a buggy mess, as was forza 3 and forza 4 at launch, with ultra quality texture being ultra low for some reason, the new connectivity function which acts like The Crew and damn right functions like one, popping players in and out.
    But i'm actually not vibing on how hard they changed handling, i now have to tune my cars in backwards than what i do in horizon 4 and tunes barely work.
    A game hyped to be a best collection of what team learned for the past 4 games and make a "magnum opus" as a 5th.... Presentation so far could be better, voice acting reaaally could have been better, then there's that annoying green filter in 1st person view that makes that view unusable... But like with any other forza it will get better over time, at least there is hope.
    (i actually completely forgot about ign, unsubed some time ago because they kept taking too much feed space with off topic uploads)

And they still can't take best features of The Crew's photomode and use it for their own game, but we have to work with what we have ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• ZatTheAlien
    Original poster 20 posts

@s5yn3t

I play FH3 most days, great Australian setting, very good dlc''s too, the only thing missing from the game is a Paul Hogan charachter somewhere in the outback, fighting a crockodile.It was also the last forza horizon to have solid crash barriers, I find that a bit silly in the new games to make them breakable, along with stone walls.

In the new horizon game I find the airport really impressive, for my own taste I wish they had made it a bit less run down looking, but still it is really well done.

• UbiMint
    Ubisoft Support Staff 186 posts

Hey there @ZatTheAlien, thanks for reaching out!

I'm sorry to hear you're noticing less traffic, do you have a clip or screenshot to show an example of what you mean? If you have any comparisons, that would be great! I'd be glad to investigate this for you.

Official Response
  • ZatTheAlien
    Original poster 20 posts

@ubimint

It is not just less traffic, there is no traffic until I have played for a few minutes, in map mode there is only an occaisional car to see on the roads, but mostly every city and highway is completely emty of traffic cars.Even after playing a while the traffic only appears around my location, if I even drive at high speed a few streets further the traffic has gone again.The police are almost totally gone too, there are some, but seemingly only in the cities and much less than normal.It looks like a server issue, this problem has arrisen before and has been fixed by the devs.

Thank you for replying btw.

• ZatTheAlien
    Original poster 20 posts

@ubimint

Here is a video of the problem......Note also the flickering in map mode, this has also been a problem, I believe someone else here has posted about it too.It seems to happen if clouds are in view.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1524 posts

@zatthealien Thanks for sharing this video! I was about to ask if you could share one so we can present it to the Dev Team to take a look into this. However, the video shoes as unavailable on Youtube for me. If you could try and republish the video as an unlisted video, I'd be happy to share this with the team to check out.

Official Response
  • ZatTheAlien
    Original poster 20 posts

@ubi-smash

It was set to private sorry,,,Try it again please, I will upload it again if you still cannot see it.

• ubi-smash
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1524 posts

@zatthealien No worries! Looks like the video is available now. Thank you again for providing this. We'll share this along with the flickering you are also seeing with the map view. To check something out with the flickering, have you checked to see if your drivers are updated and if you are on Windows 10, have you tried running the game in compatibility mode to see if there are any changes in this behavior?

Official Response
  • ZatTheAlien
    Original poster 20 posts

@ubi-smash

I have played the Crew only on this computer [3 yrs +,-]using the same Windows 10, I never had the flickering problem before until a few weeks ago, when I started playing the game again after a half year break.I only said something about it after I saw someone else here with this flickering problem.

My video card drivers/windows drivers are all up to date.I recently updated the video card drivers but the flickering still remained.

• S5yn3T
    89 posts

@zatthealien What gpu you have?

• ZatTheAlien
    Original poster 20 posts

@s5yn3t

Radeon 570 series, 4gb memory.

• S5yn3T
    89 posts

@zatthealien moving aside the game not being friendly to amd gpu's
    Maybe display cables are not seated properly, overlays can cause issues (tho its usually white screen during ingame daytime that affects amd)
    When you said you updated the drivers recently.... Have you been updating them frequently without a full clean driver wipe and fresh install (the building up driver updates can also cause issues)

• ZatTheAlien
    Original poster 20 posts

@s5yn3t

I just noticed that there is another driver update, I normally just install the update without a clean install.This time I used a clean up tool from amd to completely remove the old drivers and I reinstalled Adrenelin. Same flickering in map mode though, first time I started the Crew the flickering was gone I was reyt happy, this does happen sometimes though I have noticed.Once in a while no flickering,,I notice though it is only if the white clouds are blocking the map view, there is no flickering if the map has a clear view.

Stll, thank you for the advice it was a good call all the same.

• S5yn3T
    89 posts

@zatthealien Usually we use DDU (display driver uninstaller) to fully wipe drivers and its files.
    Windows 10 being a special case where you have to disable its automatic driver search and installer, then go to safe mode and use DDU to fully wipe the driver, reboot and install a fresh driver from AMD or Nvidia's website.

• Ubi-Mushy
    Ubisoft Support Staff 687 posts

@zatthealien Thanks for those updates, and thank you to @S5yn3T for the suggestions as well.

For further assistance with the flickering issue, I recommend creating a support ticket and uploading your MSInfo and DxDiag files. You can wait for a response there, or update this thread with your case number so we can check those files from here. This will allow for some more specialized suggestions.

Official Response

Suggested Topics