ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 5 Likes/12 Replies/183 Views
    Nord_Tigon
    Original poster 1 posts

Greetings Ubisoft. I am just wondering, when are you going to make Assassin's Creed about actual assassins again, like we had with the AC2 trilogy, which even ended with us forming a brotherhood of them? In the latest games, Odyssey and Valhalla in particular, the Assassins ain't the main focus of the storyline at all. I gave up the game before finishing it even halfway because it's just about playing a barbarian who picks up a heavy weapon to directly confront the enemy. That is not very Assassin-esque and the assassin's are so much on the sideline. Why should I care then?
    If you want us to play The Witcher RPG sort of games then don't give your games the title of "Assassin's Creed". The sequels just don't live up to the name at all anymore.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Arcanant
    5 posts

@nord_tigon I was about to write a similar thread. My other critisism is also about how less gory the actual act of assassinating someone is. It has stopped being meaningful of having to plan ahead of time. The animations are way too fast for anything to actually matter. All they seem to care about is playtime (hence all the redundant things all over the world) and click smash (stupid loot system). Even though they had tremendous success that noone can deny I still feel like they could do better with some tweaking. I mean look at the best games of the decade, RDR2 and GOW . They paid attention to tell a story. With AC everything seems so freaking rushed. The only thing really enjoyable is the actual world which the developers are doing a superb job.

• TheNorfolkian
    1222 posts

@nord_tigon Yes! I originally thought AC Origins was going to kick off a couple sequels following the early exploits of the Hidden Ones and how they spread throughout the known world to stop the schemes of the Order of the Ancients, which would ultimately lead up to some explanation as to why both organizations become reformulated as the Assassin Brotherhood and Templar Order.

Instead, the rich and beautiful lore of Origins was left in the sands, so to speak... Odyssey and Valhalla are more connected with each other as Loki needed Layla to get the Staff of Hermes so that he could be freed from Yggdrasil, but there was nothing in Origins that actually connects to Odyssey or Valhalla, except for Layla. The focus on the origins of the Assassins was pretty much abandoned in favor of a strong Isu-focused storyline. What’s worse is that there was no attempt in Odyssey or Valhalla to accommodate the Isu content in Origins. Did the Egyptian Isu-gods try to avoid the Great Catastrophe somehow like the Greco-Roman and Norse Isu? We may never know. Even the identity of the Messenger in Origins has never been revealed. What a mess.

I really hope Ubisoft gets its act together for the upcoming Infinity game and bring the series back to its assassin-esque core.

• S7igma957
    188 posts

@nord_tigon Game is great no matter how it called. The only thing that bothers me is CTD.

• BlackGlass657
    10 posts
    @nord_tigon Game is great no matter how it called. The only thing that bothers me is CTD.

Assasins creed, need to make something new !! Like make imposible, possible. No parkour !!! No. Instead of the parkour. Make other Assasins, That make impossible, possible. But no. Parkour.
    Here is idea for four new Assasins:
    1) New Assasin can climb up, as twice as low as Altair, but have badass old age katana, which he can use badass.
    2) A child that can make, impossible possible. He can't use parkour, but he have this badass animations. A child, can hide anythere and he can make impossible, possible. Also he can create, badass traps for his victims.
    3) A Assasin that have this wires, that work like a spider man or something. Which is badass.
    4) A Assasin who is badass at explosives. Make impossible, possible, but can't use parkour.

• Sam_Boo26
    175 posts

I also think the upcoming games should focus more on the Assassins / Hidden Ones as before. I thought it was fine in Odyssey (it happened before the Brotherhood, it was more about the high-concentrated Isu blood that will eventually live within Aya who is one of the co-founder of the Hidden Ones), but in Valhalla, I was disappointed when I see how non-important the Hidden Ones were to the story. They are there, but take such a small place. I thought it was going to be similar to Black Flag at first, with Eivor working with them and joining them later, but it's not.

• TheNorfolkian
    1222 posts

@blackglass657 So, basically you want a stealth real time tactics or planned time tactics game? Like Commandos or Shadow Tactics? Something like that would probably exist as a mini-game within a main title, kind of like the side activities we saw between AC2 and ACIV.

• PhilyG213
    72 posts

@nord_tigon It's still all about the AC lore. The games reflect that. So it's fine.

• BlackGlass657
    10 posts
    @blackglass657 So, basically you want a stealth real time tactics or planned time tactics game? Like Commandos or Shadow Tactics? Something like that would probably exist as a mini-game within a main title, kind of like the side activities we saw between AC2 and ACIV.

I want on each Assasins, i describe, was done a great work, like with Altair. They even don't work together, each of them is Assasins on they own.

Assasins, would be like very different to play, but people would be like, damn this is like so badass, like make imposible, possible.
    And, No Parkour, at all or climb up twice as slow and doing it bad.

• TheNorfolkian
    1222 posts

@blackglass657 Asking for no parkour is going to be a bust. Parkour, or some derivation thereof, is pretty much a key feature of every AC game... but hey, good luck finding support for that idea.

• EyesOfFate
    183 posts

@blackglass657 no parkour in Assassin's Creed games? Are you crazy? There is a plenty games without parkour, go and play them, and stop bothering people with your stupid ideas

• BlackGlass657
    10 posts
    @blackglass657 no parkour in Assassin's Creed games? Are you crazy? There is a plenty games without parkour, go and play them, and stop bothering people with your stupid ideas

Assasins Creed using, The SAME PARKOUR WITH THE SAME ANIMATION, in all Assasins Creed games.

Don't you wanna have finally, something new and the assasins that can make impossible, possible and you like.

O My God this is badass !!!

Suggested Topics