Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ViperPCT86
    Original poster 3 posts

Hi,
    I have never been bitten by snakes but nonetheless I hate them, I have a snake phobia. Can't even look at the damn creatures on a TV, Monitor or Picture. It would be very helpful for people like us to have a way to remove snakes from games, they are really horrible. I haven't played Far Cry 3, 4 and barely played Far Cry 5 because of snakes. Thank you very much for removing them from Far Cry 6. Also, I had much problems playing Assasins Creed Odyssey and Valhalla because of those pesky reptiles. Please Ubisoft, keep this in mind for future titles, either remove them completely (doubt anyone will miss the damn snakes) or add an option at accessibility settings to replace snakes with other creatures, maybe some wolves or honey badgers or whatever non-reptile.

Thanks.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• anteronoid
    28 posts

@viperpct86 I don't have the phobia but know a friend that has it too. I understand your concern and agree with you.
    Funny you call yourself Viper though. 🙂

• SnakeFist420
    67 posts

@viperpct86 I like snakes. They are cool you have nothing to be afraid of. If you leave them alone they will leave you alone.

• GameGuru2018
    131 posts

@viperpct86

Phobia is not a joke.
    Panich attack may happen at the worst possible time.

You won't be able to control it.
    If you have health problems.... it can be even lethal.

Psychotherapy may help in this case.
    Exposure therapy and cognitive behavioral therapy are the most effective treatments.

Better to treat it and not put it off for later.

As for phobias in games.....

Hard question.

There are more than 250 phobias.
    If the game developers start taking into account all of them.......I'm afraid we may have some truncated version of the game.

Sometimes story or some places implies certain creatures: spiders, woodlice, snakes....
    What to do in this situation?

For the most common type of phobias an exception can be made.
    But gamers should understand that certain location or story implies these creatures.
    People who toggle it off .......doing that "at their own risk". (it wasn't planned by the game)

As for me, better option - to try to cure the phobia.
    And enjoy computer games.
    Because snakes, spiders.....are found in many games. Especially horrors.
    Why limit yourself?!

Phobia - is like a time bomb inside.
    Only you never know when it's going to explode.

• DV20Katana
    139 posts

I can sympathize because I feel exactly the same way about fish. But of course for me its simple, I just avoid the water as much as possible in games which have fish.

The problem is that Ubi games are not mod friendly. Look at Fallout 4 in comparison. That game has these giant mutant bugs flying around and also giant cockroaches. Many people with strong insect phobias could not play the game.

Until this mod came out:
    https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/29992/

It replaces all insects with other creatures!

If Ubi games were mod friendly like Bethesdas games are then this snake issue could easily be solved. Replace all snakes with badgers!

• GameGuru2018
    131 posts

@dv20katana

When you face fish....how does your body react to this?
    Spasms? Blood pressure rising? Rapid pulse?

Sometimes people don't understand that dislike and phobia are different things.

Phobia - is out of control.
    It doesn't depend on you.

For instance, such common phobia as claustrophobia is rather dangerous.
    Entering the elevator people begin to suffocate.
    If the elevator breaks down and stops......a person can simply suffocate to death.
    Although there will be enough air there.
    This is how their body reacts.

Everything possible should be done to cure any phobia!

If you're absolutely against doctors you may try autosuggestion.
    People with claustrophobia, for example, in a critical situation, close their eyes and imagine that they're in an open field,
    in the fresh air, or on a mountain. It helps them.

People with snakes or fish phobia must have their own methods of autosuggestion.

There are no bad creatures and good creatures in nature.
    It's all our interpretation.

Nature needs every creature. Otherwise they wouldn't exist.

Try to learn more about the creature you have a phobia for.
    History, area, habits, stories,cartoons.

Try to take a toy of the creature in your hands.

Visit the serpentarium or big aquarium.
    Observe the object of your phobia.
    Watch.....study.
    Better with somebody.

The last, try to touch or to take in your hands real snake or fish.
    (In serpentarium or some aquarium, with expert)

But the best way is to visit a psychotherapist!

Phobia - is like a chain that binds.
    This chain must be broken.

• tcarlisle2012
    147 posts

If someone has any phobia to the point that life threatening panic attacks occur by seeing an image on a display, that is not an issue for a development studio to fix -- that is an issue to be worked on with CBT. And there should be no shame in seeking that and doing it.

I wouldn't expect therapy to solve a phobia to the point of encountering a snake in real life would not be highly stressful, but it is more than possible to get to a point that playing a video game doesn't cause life threatening panic.

Yes, we get it.... you know its a game and it isn't real. b...b...b.... but.....

No buts, stop right there with the "it isn't real" and don't let your mind go to those "buts". That's your mind F'ing with you and that's what needs to be worked on.

Full disclosure: No, am not a CBT therapist or any other mental health practitioner. But I do know what it is like to live in panic.

• olalaquebien
    68 posts

I don't like "X" thing.

Please Ubisoft remove it because I don't like/offend/scares me.

This is already utopian, and I say this because at first I thought the OP dude was trolling, but now I see he/she/it being serious about it. So remove this because I don't like it.

@_OP: Go ask for censorship elswhere. We currently have enough with woke and political correctness defiling the series, and not just this one franchise.

• N0CHILLBR0SKI
    2 posts

@olalaquebien 100% I was like [censored] when I read this [censored]. So there’s a Caribbean island with a jungle and aquatic habitat but no snakes.. yea that really makes sense doesn’t it? Crybaby losers have to have anything they disagree with changed and cancelled because they can’t handle the real world.

• N0CHILLBR0SKI
    2 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • The_King_baby
    24 posts

@n0chillbr0ski

I miss the snakes, personally, BUT a good fix for everyone (and I didn't read every post so in case I'm repeating it, yay!) would be to the ability to "turn off" what I would describe as "pest" creatures in a game, like snakes or bats. A simple toggle and everyone wins! But for me, an adventure ain't an adventure without snakes!

Suggested Topics