ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• closedmouth
    Original poster 49 posts

It's been a month now, and this stupid enemy tagging glitch is STILL in the game, but they can somehow put out hotfixes for the wheel bug. I am never buying another game from this completely AAAmateur gaming development company in my life and no one else should either.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• boriyako
    4 posts

I sincerely regret pre-buying this game. I have played and enjoyed every far cry game published thus far. This game is ridiculously easy - only 2 difficulty modes. They have obviously "rushed" this game. 1 shot headshots, enemies who only "see" you from 1 foot away, special forces? oh PLEASE 1 headshot each and the're finito, road blocks? 3 enemies and an alarm = 4 shots and done etc.etc.etc. I will NEVER pre-buy from them again - rather wait until I read the reviews. HUGELY disappointed - a waste of £90

• DV20Katana
    162 posts

Glitches, excessive hand-holding (magical super powers), a tense grim trailer that fooled us all (then they showed us really what a cartoon game it was later), just 2 difficulty levels, no Immersive Mode, no Game+....

Glad I didnt buy this game myself and will only do so when the complete edition (all DLC) is out on sale.

I play it on my roommates PS4 and he doesnt care for it anymore.

• closedmouth
    Original poster 49 posts

@dv20katana

I wanted an immersive mode too, and looks like they have no plans on offering it. There's swathes of evidence suggesting Ubi is as incompetent as it seems. I've been patient. I've been nice, but its been too long. They've somehow made it to where you cannot toggle the enemy outline off! Absolutely infuriating, usual nonsense in Ubi games. Once again, an inadequate response, and completely blown off once again because these lazy devs can't fix their game! How do you screw something up like this? Then once again take ages to fix a problem youve created! [censored] this company!

• DV20Katana
    162 posts

@closedmouth that enemy outline thing is just pure vomit.

I dont understand this company. They make a great looking game, fantastic map and then ramp up the hand-holding to unreal levels.

"Dear gamer - here is the baddie. Look we let you see them thru walls! If you want you can tag the baddie and the tags can ne visible anywhere too! See you are now Marvel Avenger superhero. Oh look this HUD icon tells you which direction the shots are coming from and this one tells you of the baddies have heard you! Thats us. We remove all challenge so you can play this game while you're in the shower, cooking, and doing laundry"

Why dont they just have a menu item labelled "Kill all enemies and win the game for me please"

• closedmouth
    Original poster 49 posts

@dv20katana

Exactly it's such a stupid, pointless feature, built into the game to make an already easy game easier.

• SnakeFist420
    69 posts

@closedmouth Yea i wanted to pimp my ride more it need more video monitors a bigger sound system better cars like lambos etc. I wanted to put a jack hammer sub woofer in my ride but they didn't put it in the game this game is garbage because of that. Also i wanted to pick up chicks take them some where and do them and since you can't do that it's garbage. I wanted to kill the civilians but you can't cause you get a big red bar up top saying you can't kill them. I wanted to take a enemy tie them to the back of my horse and ride off dragging them behind the horse and since this game can't do that it's garbage. I wanted to go into every building but you can't so the game is garbage. I wanted to super run on the water and since i can't do that this game is garbage. I wanted to one shot kill every thing and since the game can't do that this game is garbage. I wanted to car surf and you can't do this in the game this game is garbage. I wanted to go to the tallest building jump off and not even lose any health and this game it kills you it's garbage.

• Sleezure
    139 posts

@boriyako I had some regrets pre-ordering Far Cry 5. It too felt somewhat rushed and unfinished. But, I still had fun with it, and I don't regret my time playing it.

Far Cry 6, on the other hand, feels like a complete waste of money and time for me. Aside from bashing around the Vaas DLC for a few hours, I don't find anything redeeming about the game. Previously, I would grit my teeth while pre-ordering some games--like Far Cry, but I think those days are over. FC6 is a franchise killer IMO.

• closedmouth
    Original poster 49 posts

@snakefist420

I was having a great time with FC 6 until they forced enemy tagging into the game. In a game like Ghost Recon where it's tactical I get it, it makes sense there, but still I turned it off on there too. It's jarring, and ugly, also on almost 70 inch tv I have no problem seeing where the enemy is. It's pointless handholding, I as a consumer have a right to vent and point out an obvious mistake on ubi's part once they have yet to fix. I do not need this, and actually I question anyone's gaming ability if they absolutely need this in a Far Cry game. My point is there is an option there in the menu that allows one to disable to ugly [censored] yellow outline that makes them stand out so the player can clearly spot them! Now it no longer works, why is that? Why is it that it takes a month ) to fix this stupid crap that they have caused? Why is it a problem for one to be frustrated with the nonsense this company does?

Such as put out a broken game (WD Legion), that freezes and youre unable to save your progress in (the game was in this state for almost a month after it released). For ubisoft to actually put out a working game that did none of this I was so impressed! Of course as time has went on this game in particular they seem to just want to make it worse which I don't get. What the point of your rather embarrassing run on sentence was I'm not sure, but I'm not gonna put in the effort to understand you either.

• tcarlisle2012
    181 posts

@closedmouth Where exactly is that option? Because I have looked several times and see no such option. I find an option in accessibility to turn of tagging of enemies. But that is a different kind of tagging. That is for people who have visual challenges such that they can't make out the NPC's and need the outline.

That can be turned on or off, and by default is off.

But that has nothing to do with red tagging enemies which have been detected via your own eyesight, or your animal gun for hire, and other gear pieces with these abilities.

Obviously, if one does not like the red tagging, then one shouldn't play with boomer since that is his specific purpose.

But this red tagging is not new, not a things that just cropped up after an updated, etc. It's been part of Far Cry's core gameplay since at least FC3.

That said, I wouldn't oppose adding a slider to provide the ability to turn red tagging off.

• closedmouth
    Original poster 49 posts

@tcarlisle2012
    What are you even saying its clearly not working the way its suppose to as many are having the problem as well.

Suggested Topics