ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Shangames124
    Original poster 25 posts

Hello!
    I've read a bit about character positioning and have now found that when it's on the left side it's not a bug. I have tried to position the figure so that it is centered, but to no avail. So please add the option to center the character on the screen. regards.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Oxavo
    804 posts

Welcome to Discussions @Shangames124 ,
    You informed that your character can not be centered. Could you please provide more details on this including your game version and edition. When have you noticed your character is always on the left side? Could you please provide a short video showing the issue?

As soon as we receive it we will be able to investigate further and confirm whether it works as intended or no.

• Shangames124
    Original poster 25 posts

@ubi-oxavo I misinterpreted it. I mean exploring the world why it is on the left side. He centers himself during parkour and just after parkour he goes to the left side on the screen and I don't know if this is a bug in the game.
    Sorry to mislead.

• Shangames124
    Original poster 25 posts

I'm just wondering why, when exploring, the character is on the left side than in the center of the screen. This constant change is not very good for the gameplay. The character concentrates while climbing and then returns to the left side as soon as we return to the ground. It's a bit inconvenient for me, but that's my opinion. regards.

Hope this doesn't count as spam.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3081 posts

Hey @Shangames124 thanks for the reply and explaining further.

I had never noticed myself until you had just pointed it out, but you are correct, Eivor appears slightly to the left of the screen, whereas in the previous games, the protagonist was always front and center of the screen.

I am not of the development team, so I wouldn't be able to say for certain why this change of character position was made officially, but perhaps one of our community team members will be able to answer.

To me personally, I think it gives a more cinematic view of the world over Eivors shoulder, for certain cutscenes and also when walking and speaking with other characters, it looks more natural walking side by side with others. Thanks for bringing this topic up for question!

As this is not something player support can help with, as it is intended by design, I will move this post to our General Discussion area, so other players can contribute to what they think of this change in character positioning also.

Official Response
  • Shangames124
    Original poster 25 posts

@ubi-milky I guess it's a matter of habit. Personally, I think the option to center the camera would be a good option for players, but it's up to you - Ubisoft. That's my opinion.

• Shangames124
    Original poster 25 posts

If possible, check out this post. Unfortunately, I don't know how to copy it so that it only says "here", so gives the entire link.
    In this post, I noticed that this topic is probably covered, but I don't know

Link: https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/115892/assassin-s-creed-valhalla-center-camera-angle/21?lang=en-US&page=2

• Antek398
    27 posts

@shangames124
    English:
    I support this to add the option of center the camera angle.

Polish:
    Popieram to, aby dodać opcję wyśrodkowania kąta kamery.

• Shangames124
    Original poster 25 posts

@antek398 Thank you for your support 😄. I also support your post 👍

• Littleweasel01
    75 posts

@shangames124 i made a thread about giving us more camera options awhile back and i agree that the character should be in the center of the screen all the time.
    but it is even worse when they are riding a horse, when your horse is running it is sometimes touching the left side of the screen, making me feel like the horse is running sideways.

every other assassins creed to the best of my knowledge has always had the character in the center even when on a horse. i just wish they would let the player decide how they like the camera instead of forcing the players character off center.

• Shangames124
    Original poster 25 posts

@littleweasel01 I agree with you in particular. The camera is very disturbing in the game. So far I put the game down and I'm just waiting for some update patch. So far, I'm just playing Fifa 21 and scoring goals haha.

• Antek398
    27 posts

English:
    In previous Assassin's Creed games, the character was centered on our screen. Indeed, in my opinion it interferes with the gameplay, so I support the post about setting the camera angle.
    I won't write any further because you explained it perfectly to Shangames124 😁

Polish:
    W poprzednich grach Assassin's Creed postać była wyśrodkowana na naszym ekranie. Rzeczywiście, moim zdaniem przeszkadza to w rozgrywce, dlatego popieram post o ustawieniu kąta kamery.
    Nie będę pisał dalej, bo doskonale to wytłumaczyłeś Shangames124 😁

• Shangames124
    Original poster 25 posts

@antek398 Thanks for support. But for the future, be careful not to write so often. It's actually spam, so keep that in mind. Once the topic has been discussed, it is enough 👍

• Siwy1770
    5 posts

@shangames124 I support

• Shangames124
    Original poster 25 posts

@siwy1770 Thank's

• Siwy1770
    5 posts

I have a question for users. Have they introduced this option or is there no information on this yet? Greetings to the team and the users participating in this discussion. 

• Shangames124
    Original poster 25 posts

@siwy1770 There is no information on this. We have to be patient and wait for this pending update regarding the camera angle position.

• Shangames124
    Original poster 25 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Shangames124
    Original poster 25 posts

Ehhhhh does not have this camera option ...... So you have to wait for the next update. So I'm just asking who is in favor of adding the option to center the camera angle? Regards

• Crash321667
    2 posts

@shangames124 You need to know the game The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt. While we're on the subject of camera settings, I will write that everything is brilliant in this game. I support what you wrote because when I first played Assassin's Creed valhalla I didn't know why the character is on the left side during exploration, but I am already used to it. The ability to center the camera will be useful to anyone who complains about its angle. This is my opinion.

Suggested Topics