Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• usuisan778
    Original poster 3 posts

the problem is aimed shooting - I press the left trigger on the gamepad to aim and hold it, and then I press the right trigger, but instead of firing, he removes the gun to the side.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• MapleBaconQBG
    4 posts

As the title says, I can't fire my Slot 3 weapon (My sniper rifle) whilst using a Dualshock 4 on the PC version. Using the mouse and keyboard works fine, as does using an Xbox One controller. Both controllers are connected using the exact same USB cable, and the PS4 controller works fine in any other game, and indeed for any other gun in any slot. It's specifically while using the Sniper Rifle in slot 3 that it doesn't work.

This has persisted through PC restarts, through game restarts, and indeed making a new save file and starting over, and getting to the same point. As soon as I get my sniper rifle, I cannot shoot it with that specific controller.

Video included in the link below.

https://streamable.com/getaxt

PC Specs:
    ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600
    16.0GB Dual-Channel RAM
    GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 
    Game Version 1.1.0

• usuisan778
    Original poster 3 posts

Здравствуйте, начал играть в игру но столкнулся с проблемой когда получил первый пистолет и патроны к нему... Именно проблема в прицельной стрельбе - нажимаю левый курок на геймпаде для прицеливания и держу а после нажимаю на правый курок но вместо выстрела он убирает пистолет в сторону.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4193 posts

Hello there @usuisan778! Welcome to the forums 🙂

You're currently within the English Player Support forums. Would you be able to offer a translation of your post?

Alternatively, if you'd like to receive support in Russian, please can you open a support ticket? A member of your regional support team will reach out to you as soon as they are able to.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • usuisan778
    Original poster 3 posts

@ubi-borealis the problem is aimed shooting - I press the left trigger on the gamepad to aim and hold it, and then I press the right trigger, but instead of firing, he removes the gun to the side.

• Markus271175
    3 posts

@usuisan778
    I have the same Problem. Please Help anyone.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 537 posts

Hey @usuisan778, thanks for your response and sorry to hear about this.

Could you advise what controller are you using and also, did you try to manually remap your keys to make sure that the right trigger is assigned to the correct key?

Let us know!

Official Response
  • kephalonix
    9 posts

@maplebaconqbg

ummmm..... use the xbox controller?

• Weeev
    8 posts

@usuisan778 Same issue here, I am using an Astro c40 controller recognized as a standard xbox 360 controller.

• Markus271175
    3 posts

@weeev
    I have also tested a Astro C40 Pad, the same Error, only my Xbox Elite Controller 2 worked without any Problems.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 777 posts

Hi there everyone.

@usuisan778 Thank you for taking the time to report this issue.

Sorry to hear some players are having problems aiming/shooting with a controller.

Would anyone having this issue be able to test the game with one of the controllers listed in our supported peripherals page? The Astro c40 controller isn't fully supported, and not guaranteed to work with FC6 as intended.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • Weeev
    8 posts

@markus271175 It seems like switching to toggle aim instead of hold works.. but I don't want this. I will refund for now and wait till this is fixed.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 777 posts

@weeev Hi there.

Sorry to hear you're not able to correctly aim/shoot at the moment.

Would you be able to let me know which input method you're using/any specific model?

Thank you!

Official Response
  • Weeev
    8 posts

@ubi-nacho Hello, my Astro c40 is standard xinput controller recognized as such by windows. I am not using any other software than ubisoft connect at the moment which detects it as a standard xbox 360 controller (as does windows).
    This controller works perfectly fine with other ubisoft titles (AC mostly) and steam.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 537 posts

Hey @MapleBaconQBG, thanks for getting in touch, welcome to forums and appreciate your detailed insight on the issue you've encountered.

As it stands, I can confirm that information provided has been forwarded to our development team for further review.

In the meantime, just to double-check, did you possibly try swapping sniper to Weapon Slot 2 or 1, just to see whether it's in relation to the weapon itself or the weapon slot?

Let us know!

Official Response
  • Mr_ALLroy
    3 posts

Having the same issue. Using an Nvidia Shield Controller which windows detects as an XBOX 360 controller. No other Ubi (non far cry) title has an issue with this controller. Infact, FC5 and New Dawn STILL have an issue with the left trigger not working when driving, repelling or descending in a chopper. I've seen a lot of acknowledgment online from UBI support about that issue but still nothing has been done to fix it. Do I need to refund this game now as it seems UBI is fine with having outstanding issues from the last 2 far cry games and having these issues carry over into their new games.
    I just wanted to play the damn game UBI....

• Mr_ALLroy
    3 posts

@ubi-nacho Hi, I've posted below about this issue I'm having and I can't update that post for some reason. I'll post my recent findings and hopefully UBI can fix this game and FC5 / New Dawn for people that can't go buy a new controller every time a game doesn't work with it.

Anyways, I discovered that if I try and remap the LT for Firing, when I press on LT, it actually shows on screen as RT. This explains why aim+fire aren't working as intended.

I discovered a "band-aid" fix while trying to solve the LT issue for FarCry 5 / New Dawn. I bought the game through Ubisoft Connect and that's important for the fix as if it's bought through Steam, this fix most likely won't work. Basically, I just added FarCry6 as a non-steam game in Steam and launch the game via Steam Client or shortcut created through Steam. So far it works good. Its beyond frustrating how UBI hasn't addressed and fixed this since FarCry 5 (2018). To have to use a 3rd party game client to get a controller working on another game client is not a good look UBI. I'm sure there's still MANY Xbox 360 controller users that can't just up and buy a new controller. Why is it so hard to have an issue that goes back 3yrs addressed, much less fixed? Please do better UBI and fix the 3yr old controller issue before you carry the problem into FarCry 7.

Thanks

• nEMESIS42a
    5 posts

I am also having the issue mentioned in this thread, where holding aim and then firing doesn't work. Turning on the aim toggle works and allows me to play the game.

I have tested this with a PS4 and PS5 controller on both a Shield TV and on my PC through GeForce Now.

• Diego_the_best
    9 posts

Please UBI. It shoud be ease to fix.

• nEMESIS42a
    5 posts

@ubi-nacho this issue is happening with a PS4 and PS5 controller. This is through GeForce Now on a Shield TV Pro and also on my PC.

Suggested Topics