ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• trevvahhh
    2 posts

@doc_gonzo_md

doesn’t work with sniper rifles though unfortunately!

same issue, nvidia shield controller on nvidia shield tv and geforce now with ubisoft + so can’t use the steam workaround

been hoping every time i boot the game up for the past week that this would be fixed since so many people have this issue but i guess that’s wishful thinking. still hopeful!

• laiost
    1 posts

@trevvahhh same problems! Geforce now and ubisoft shall fix the issued ASAP!

• popsilie1960
    2 posts

Hy there, i have my first sniper rifle but can' t use it at all, it simply doesn't shoot, i tried everything i thought it could be the reason, but nothing, the rifle doesn't shoot.
    All my other weapons are working fine, just the sniper doesn't.
    Don't know if it is a bug or whatelse but it is realy gamebreaking.
    Best wishes!
    Jan
    Playing on xbox series x

• Wolf-Haven
    2 posts

Same on Xbox Elite Controller on PC. SMH

• Wolf-Haven
    2 posts

@whydoueatbrains This steam workaround has worked for me thanks! Glad I got this on Uplay+ and didn't pay full price lol.

• CHRISTENSEN1976
    1 posts

@mr_allroy ...YES SAME HERE. AND IM ALSO ON THE UBISOFT PLAN I CAN'T THINK OF THE TOP OF MY UBISOFT CONNECTS I PAY EVERY MONTH AND I USE ONE OF YOUR SHIELD AND I USE THE NIVEA CONTROL THAT CAME WITH IT AND YOU'RE RIGHT ABOUT BOTH GAMES NEITHER ONE OF THOSE [censored] AIM RIGHT YOU NEED IT'S HARD TO SHOOT YOU GOT TO PUT ON THE TOP OR TOGGLE ON AND THEN IT BOUNCES BACK AND FORTH AND YOU KIND OF SHOOT IT'S A PAIN IN THEASS AND YOU CAN'T EVEN SHOOT A DAMN SNIPER RIFLE AT ALL.

• BobNewton2
    33 posts

@popsilie1960 Same problem with all my weapons when using scope/sight, will not shoot just off-hand which eliminates all long range shots. Reported a few days ago but no answer from Ubi. I'm on PC.

• BobNewton2
    33 posts

@ubistorm From the start! Can only shoot all weapons off-hand never through the scope/sight. Makes head shoots from a distance impossible. Using PC and a controller.

• Ubi-Karl
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1534 posts

Hey everyone, appreciate your input regarding the matter and sorry to hear about this as I understand how impactful not having to sniper rifle can be.

I can see that this issue has been already reported however our team did have difficulties with reproducing it.

Solely for testing purposes, can I check whether everyone has Sniper Rifle assigned to Primary Weapon 3? If you are, did you try switching it with either 1 or 2 to see if issue remains present?
    Additionally, if you do happen to have access to multiple sniper rifles, can you try equipping another one or changing the loadout (bullet, mod, etc.)? I can see that @Oregon9581 had this issue with only a single model so curious to see what the findings will be.

Keep us updated!

Official Response
  • s10cameo
    13 posts

@ubi-karl I recently switched controllers and I can now use the sniper rifles and in any of the slots but just on that one controller. When I switch back to the first controller the sniper rifle doesn't work in any of the slots, but its only the sniper rifle. All other weapons fire as they should when pressing R2 and zooming in on the map works as it should when pressing R2. Also using that controller R2 works as it should in every other game I play.

• Sany92
    3 posts

@sany92

update using steam worked for me

• Sany92
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • popsilie1960
    2 posts

@bobnewton2 Yeah, i've now several weapons which doesn't shoot.
    I still haven't tryed if its just when i'm in scope sight mode. Will try later .
    What i've noticed is that some of the mounted weapons don't shoot neither.
    It's realy gamebreaking!

• Dismal-Image
    4 posts

If you are using the Xbox Elite controller or something similar with Trigger locks, try disabling it, or for the Elite, set the right Trigger Deadzone to 0-1, so that it registers you fully press the trigger. This has happened to me in a number of different games (including FC6), where certain guns wouldnt fire.

Changing the deadzones helped, and I havent had any issue yet. If you're not using one of those controllers try temporarily changing the fire button and see if that helps. If it does, it might just be something similar you'll have to mess around with.

You might want to change the left trigger to 0-1 as well , it might not be registering that you're fully scoped in, preventing you from firing, but I havent had this issue.

Just turning off the Trigger lock did NOT fix the problem for me on FC6, even though it does for some other games.

• djaxelb-23
    2 posts

Hello,

I;m having a weird issue with my Thrustmaster Eswap Pro controller.
    When aiming down the sight shooting doesnt work...
    I press and hold L2/LT and the view changes but when pressing and/or holding R2/RT the view changes back to normal instead of firing whatever gun i'm holding.
    Its like the function of those triggers is working against each other, if that makes any sense.
    It even becomes weirder, IMO.
    I add it on steam as a non steam game.
    Go into the settings menu, then controller settings and then mark the PS4 configuration help option.
    Controller now functions.
    Dont have this issue with other Ubisoft games, its just FC6.
    To clarify, my PC thinks the controller is a XBOX360 controller.
    Steam thinks, its a PS4 controller.
    Ubisoft launcher thinks, its a XBOX controller.

Weird.
    Can play the game fine using steam, but thats not the way it should be.
    Am I right or wrong?
    🙂

Oh, should also mention that I've been playing the game on my PS4 with this controller without any issues...

• Ad3mar1985
    1 posts

@djaxelb-23 same problem here. Playing with steelseries controller. Impossible to shoot while aiming...

• le_chouille
    21 posts

Ubisoft support advices me to contact GeForce Now because the problem may come from NVIDIA 👽

Seriously ??!?! ...this is the first time I bought a Ubisoft game with a problem like that.

Probably my last Ubi game 💩

• BobNewton2
    33 posts

@s10cameo What controller are you using? I have an older Logitech Rumbler. I tried an off brand (BitDo SN30 Pro+) wireless but it wouldn't connect to the Bluetooth on my new Alienware system.

• TonyH9292
    6 posts

@s10cameo Hi, im having the same problem with both sniper rifles.

• xjagpap
    1 posts

Hi I just started the game on Xbox and the sniper rifle will not fire even with a full clip ???

Anyway to fix please

Cheers John G

Suggested Topics