Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Davecanfly
    Original poster 1 posts

So, I can’t currently play Origins…

I was riding a boat when the game froze with the loading symbol in the bottom right of the screen. It stayed like this for a while but I waited in hope…eventually I got that horrible “drilling” sound and the game crashed and closed. I tried multiple times to reload the game but it wouldn’t open. I restarted the Xbox and still couldn’t get in to the game. Gave up and went to bed.

Now a couple of days later I’m trying again…The game loaded, but first time I tried to use a boat it froze again. I reloaded the game before it closed itself down, then just used fast travel rather than the boat. So far, so good…until I tried calling my mount. I didn’t hear the whistle like normal so didn’t think anything was happening, then noticed my mount was appearing as a weird featureless horse shape every time I tried to whistle. No whistle sound, but each time a blank version of my horse would appear in a different place near me. My horse won’t load though, I can’t get on it and I can walk right through it.

So new plan…I deleted my local save data and reloaded the game again. Fast travelled to be safe, called my horse and it arrived looking normal. Jump on my horse, start riding and 2 seconds later the game freezes.

Am I destined to just walk everywhere? Has anyone come across this issue and fixed it? Or do I just have to start the game again…there doesn’t seem to be an option to reload an earlier save on Xbox unless I’m missing it. Any ideas?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1437 posts

Hello @davecanfly I am very sorry to hear of the persistent crashes you have experienced with the game on Xbox One.

Can you please tell me if these games have persisted since first playing the game, or have they only occurred recently? If only recently, it is possible that your save file has been corrupted.

Do you use an online cloud save file, or do you currently save your game to the Xbox hard drive, so I can narrow this cause down?

I would like you to look through this troubleshooting guide and try every single step, as it provides the most common fixes for game performance and crashing issues >
    https://www.ubisoft.com/help?article=000061501

Please let me know how you fare after running through these steps.

Official Response

Suggested Topics