ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Skrzymir
    22 posts

@applesin-er I was able to play without any crashes, until today. Seems like the problem is back with the Frozen Shores update...

• Funkey_m0nkee
    12 posts

Hello there. Game still stuck.
    I noticed some features of the game before it hangs. This could be the key to understanding the problem.
    If it is on the menu of heroes outside the battle, then sometimes the silhouettes of the heroes disappear when you click on their portraits. This 100% means that the game is hung. If you then click to exit the game, the game hangs. If you go into the choice of activity, this is a seizure of territories or a duel, then you will not find a session, in 15 minutes throws me out of the selection of players.
    Where I see frequent hangings in the game - in the menu of viewing characters outside the battle; when a map is loaded in the lobby after the character is selected; in the main menu when you go to different tabs of the game.
    This reminds me of the bug that was in the return of the Jormungand event, when in a separate mode you can get a reinforcement in the form of a hammer. Then, when connected to an existing game, at the time when a hammer appeared on the map, the game hung for those who had just connected. On the screen there was an image of lightning and that's all.
    Guys, if there is a conditional debagger who can sing the problem - let me know. It's easier for me to install a program from you that analyzes the current game and then get a report. This lasts too long and no possible solutions have been found.
    All updates on Windows 7 are installed, the latest drivers from the video card, the game files have been checked, all that is possible was done. I play Rainbow 6S, I do not observe such problems there.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3348 posts

Hey guys,

Thanks for the updates and getting back to us, sorry to hear you're still having issues running the game properly!

And thank you for noting your findings @Funkey_m0nkee , appreciate it.

Would it be possible to capture a clip of this behaviour so we can pass it onto the team?

Is anyone else able to confirm they experience anything similar? Just so we can note any trends.

Thanks guys!

Official Response
  • Funkey_m0nkee
    12 posts

Hello. I recorded bug - https://dropmefiles.com/T9ZyS: (https://dropmefiles.com/T9ZyS)
    Time code:
    00:00 Showing Windows updates - all installed
    00:10 Showing task manager run as admin and scroll down all processes
    01:35 Start load game
    02:59 Display settings
    03:03 Graphics settings
    03:13 Looking for game lobby in dominion vs AI
    04:30 Choising hero
    04:54 Loading map
    05:16 Bug
    05:46 Close game in task manager

• Funkey_m0nkee
    12 posts

Hey there. I found a fix for the breakdown of the game.
    I turned off Windows system sounds, turned off sound in For Honor, and turned off FPS counter display in Ubisoft Connect. I played with such settings for three days - the game did not crash.
    UPD: didnt work, im still stucked

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2690 posts

Hey @funkey_m0nkee

I'm sorry to hear you are still having an issue with it and your changes to some settings didn't permanently resolve it.

Can you check to see if you have any Windows updates available? Or if you have installed any recently since the game last worked fine?  If so, you could try undoing those back to the previous state it worked fine in, just to see if that is causing a problem? 

If you want to try reverting the Windows update to give that a test, go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update > Update History, then click Uninstall Updates. Right-click on the recent updates added to your computer since you last played the game fine, then click Uninstall. 

Official Response
  • Funkey_m0nkee
    12 posts

Hey @ubi-froggard
    I got a problem after Halloween. After Windows 7 users returned to the game, many had problems. You said install updates for Windows 7. Okay, I've delivered all the updates that were available. The problem remained. I recorded a video of a game breakdown. Now you say remove updates and check the game.
    Technical support guys. I really appreciate you trying to help. But if you look at all the messages in this and past topic for Windows 7, you don't know what the problem is and how to solve it.
    You recommend one thing, then you recommend removing it. What update for Windows 7 can break the game? I don't know. You said update - I did. How do I now look for an update that may conflict with the game? Why do I have to look for this information myself? What is the probability that I will start cleaning up one update at a time and I will not break the operating system? The next step is to disable all USB devices and connect one at a time during the game?
    Guys, I want to help you solve this problem, but I want to help you, not solve it for you. The breakdown of the game for Windows 7 was mentioned in early November. Since then, all tips are like divining on coffee grounds.
    All programs have a debugger or twiker to analyze the program. I agreed that I can establish and during the game try to catch the bug to give you a report. Remove updates that can break the game - I will not. A month later it turns out that the problem was not this, but to reinstall the system and be an experimental rabbit I have no desire.
    I appreciate your time and ask you to appreciate mine.

• Ubi-Froggard

Hey @funkey_m0nkee

When it comes to crashes, it isn't always the same issue causing it for everyone, as there's lots of things with PC's that could cause it, and most players won't even encounter any crashes, so it's very difficult to troubleshoot crashing issues. The things we suggest trying are things that we have seen resolve crashing issues for others before, and not just for For Honor. I see you have had a support ticket about this previously. Could you run the system files we requested again straight after the game crashes, and try updating one of your support tickets with them and we can take another look at them for you. The reason I ask to run them again and straight after the crash is because this will be showing the most up to date information about the computer and the most recent errors occurring, so it may help us spot what is causing it.

Official Response
  • Funkey_m0nkee
    12 posts

@ubi-froggard Hi.
    I sent in logs technical support. I only have a game in For Honor. Rainbow Six Siege does not have such a problem.

• Ubi-Froggard

Hey @Funkey_m0nkee

Thanks. I'll take a look and send you an update through your ticket shortly.

Official Response
  • Funkey_m0nkee
    12 posts

Hey guys. Who have same problem on Windows 7 - REDACTED

• Ubi-Viral
    2366 posts

@funkey_m0nkee Hi I have edited your message for the data protection of other users.

MSINFO and DXDIAG files can contain sensitive information about a users system. Please do not request other users system files.

Thank you.

• Funkey_m0nkee
    12 posts

Hello there.
    It's been almost 3 months since this problem has occurred for Windows 7 users. Along the way, Windows 7 users did not have chat, there is no way to send invitations to the group. Topic here - https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/connectivity-and-performance/article/missing-chat-messages-and-game-invitations-in-ubisoft-connect/000097837
    But as was said in this forum, this is not a decision. Adding and enabling TLS 1.2 does not produce results.
    Technical Support does not offer solutions other than migrating to Windows 10.
    I still have Rainbow Six Siege on my PC. She's not hanging out. When the game breaks, it sends a report.
    When For Honor hangs or breaks, it sends nothing. It feels like they just turned this feature off, even though I have it on.
    Guys, it's time to admit - you stopped supporting Windows 7 users. Not official. You didn't make any statements. You silently broke Ubisoft Connect and For Honor for Windows 7 users. I'm wasting time finding the bug and trying to fix it, but it doesn't make sense. Have the courage to say what you really are. Announce in the forum that Windows 7 users cannot use the services of your company.

• Ubi-Froggard

Hey @funkey_m0nkee

I don't have enough information to suggest that all Windows 7 users are having the same issue and nothing from the dev team saying that this is the case. If there is any announcements about support for Windows 7, it will be made in the News and Announcements section of the forum. If you would still like further assistance looking into the issue you are having, please feel free to keep updating your support ticket.

Official Response
  • Funkey_m0nkee
    12 posts

Hello there, i finally found a solution to this problem. I turned off the overlay in Ubisoft Connect and For Honor stopped hanging (test time 3 days). Ubisoft Connect version 10647
    What I did:

1. Disabled the startup of all applications and third-party services (Nvidia Container and EasyAntiCheat: (http://prntscr.com/26o1562) was in the services).
    2. Reinstalled Ubisoft Connect
    3. Turned off: (http://prntscr.com/26o1631) overlay in Ubisoft Connect settings.

Why did I decide to turn off the overlay? Firstly, dialogues and invitations to games ceased to work normally in it. He was either hanging out or I couldn't print messages. In addition, I could not send invitations to games. The technical support sent me article as to include TLS 1.2 (https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/connectivity-and-performance/article/missing-chat-messages-and-game-invitations-in-ubisoft-connect/000097837) in Windows 7, but she didn't help me. So I stopped using the overlay.
    The problem, as expected, was in the overlay game. If you think that such a problem is only on Windows 7 - no, it is on Windows 10. An example of this is to stream Daddy Law 69 as it has exactly the same problem as users of Windows 7 (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1279828183?t=07h46m33s).
    I recommend trying my settings if there is still a problem with For Honor on Windows 7. Write if the decision I described helped you.
    Bravo Ubisoft. Of course you did not refuse to support Windows 7 users, you simply broke the launcher, which does not work correctly in Windows 7. Bravo.

• AppLeSiN
    6 posts

i also solved a problem for myself. Reinstall the game. "NVIDIA Control Panel" - > change "Power management mode" from default 'Optimal power' to "Adaptive". Playing second day without any problem from that point. Ubisoft in game overlay i leave enabled.

• Ubi-Froggard

Hey @applesin and @Funkey_m0nkee

Glad to hear you have found fixes for it that worked for you and thanks for sharing them. If anyone else finds these suggestions to work for them, please share your results here so others can know too.

Official Response

Suggested Topics