ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Namiyon
    Original poster 6 posts

So here's a funny story, the game works fine after the update until it decides not to. It freezes at a random moment in the menu/loading screen/customizing characters etc. and stays that way infinitely. I have to reboot the cpu completely. Help please. Any suggestions?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Viral
    2366 posts

@namiyon Sorry to hear that it is still freezing for you even after the update. Can you try the steps here to see if they help.

If the issue continues after this please let us know.

Thank you.

• AppLeSiN
    6 posts

@Namiyon i have the same problem. instead of reboot the cpu completely i press
    ctrl+alt+del then close the process, restart the game.

• Ubi-Viral
    2366 posts

@applesin-er Hey! Did you manage to try the steps that I linked above?

• Skrzymir
    22 posts

Sometimes now the game freezes after the match right before the signatures, and crashes at other moments in the middle of the match. It's happened to me several times in a few dozen matches. I very rarely ever crashed before this event was released.
    It is borderline unplayable.

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1252 posts

@skrzymir

Hey there.

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with crashes/freezes at the moment.

The first thing I would suggest is to attempt each step suggested here. These steps are known to resolve most of the common causes of crashing/freezing. 

If after doing so you're still experiencing issues I'd then recommend opening a support case. You can reach us either through the support website by opening  a live chat session or alternatively through our social media accounts on Facebook: (https://en-gb.facebook.com/UbisoftSupport/) and Twitter and they will be able to create a support case for you.

After you've opened the case if I can also ask you to attach two system reports to the case that will assist us in identifying any potential cause. The reports we need from you are:

MSInfo
    DxDiag

Thanks.

Official Response
  • Skrzymir
    22 posts

@ubi-orion You're real [censored] for giving us nothing for not being able to play for a week. I missed out on completing the event's battle pass, lost 7 days of champion status, and much more.
    And now I'm crashing and freezing, when that never was a problem. It's not like anything's changed in my system, so you won't be able to learn anything from the information I'd already provided while the game was still broken on Windows 7, which would not be different if I gave it again.

You people have no souls. Stuff your copypasta.

• TheDragShot
    12 posts

Hello again, I'm just passing by to confirm the game is now crashing sporadically. Sometimes it happens during a game, others right on or after the finish screen, and it seems to happen more often in multiplayer matches.

Unlike last time tho, the game just hangs where it is, not responding to any input, until I go trough the task manager and force-close it. There is no prompt to send any crash reports either.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4276 posts

Hi @skrzymir @TheDragShot I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing crashes whilst trying to play For Honor.

If you haven't already could you please follow the steps provided by Ubi-Orion in the post above. If the issue still persists after this please let me know and I will create a support case for you and our Customer Support team will assist you further.

Official Response
  • Skrzymir
    22 posts

@ubi-keo Support told me to update my system. My Windows 7 is up to date, and I'm not gonna switch to 10.

There is still clearly something going on since after you've fixed this Windows 7 issue. I am crashing like 1/10 games -- my game either hangs and doesn't respond, just as @TheDragShot described, or the process simply shuts down instantly. Sometimes it freezes in the menu too. No prompt to send crash report either way.
    I tried changing graphics and display settings, but nothing seems to work.

I've put 1840 hours into this game, and now it is unplayable for me, unless I want to constantly lose progress and get annoyed because of these crashes. This is not on my end. No other game I play ever crashes. It's never crashed like this before.

You can't just pretend it's my system's fault, like your Customer Support does. If you are not going to look into this properly, then at least please tell me, so I can stop logging in every day to do daily quests while praying I don't crash.

• Funkey_m0nkee
    12 posts

@ubi-theberry Hello. I have same trouble with @Skrzymir . The game closes anywhere and anytime. I am thrown out of the game when I am in the lobby, when I edit the character, when the game is downloaded or connected to the server. This can happen at the very beginning or when I am in the game for more than an hour. The game also throws me out of rating games and I get a penalty.
    This happens after the Halloween event, when players with Windows 7 received a hot-fix.
    I did everything for my part - checked the files, installed the latest drivers, cleaned the cash. It doesn't help. Help us play For Honor.

• Ubi-Keo

Hi @Namiyon @AppLeSiN-eR @Skrzymir @TheDragShot @funkey_m0nkee I have moved your posts into a new thread as the previous issue that affected players on Windows 7 was resolved.

@Namiyon @AppLeSiN-eR @TheDragShot @Funkey_m0nkee Can you go through the PC troubleshooting steps in the support article here if you haven't already done so as there have been known to help resolve issues such as games not launching, crashes, freezing, FPS drops and much more.

Please confirm if these steps help to resolve the issue.

@Skrzymir I'm sorry to hear that the PC troubleshooting has not helped and that you have been advised by Customer Support to update your operating system to Windows 10. As you probably know Windows 7 stopped receiving updates in January 2020, therefore technical assistance and software updates from Windows Update that help to protect your PC are no longer available. Microsoft strongly recommended that people using Windows 7 upgrade to Windows 10.

If we receive more contacts from players on Windows 7 who are experiencing the same issue as yourself and troubleshooting has not resolved the issue, then we can report it to the development team to investigate further.

Official Response
  • Funkey_m0nkee
    12 posts

@ubi-keo Hello. All steps done. msinfo32 and dxdiag is here.

• Ubi-Keo

@funkey_m0nkee As you have provided a link to your system files I assume that the PC troubleshooting did not help to resolve the issue.

I have had a quick look at your system files and was unable to see anything particular that may be causing the game to crash, however I could only read part of the msinfo as most of it was in Russian.

I have created a support case for you and our Customer Support team will assist you further.

Official Response
  • Skrzymir
    22 posts

@ubi-keo I don't know what changed, but I haven't crashed once in the last two days, since the latest patch I guess. I haven't played that much, but it still seems like the problem is gone.

Maybe something was done to accidentally fix this? Something was maybe reverted to what it'd been before the Halloween event? I don't know.

I'll play some more games tomorrow to confirm I'm not crashing.

• Ubi-Viral
    2366 posts

@skrzymir Brilliant to hear that you are no longer crashing.

If you need anything else please get back in touch.

Thank you.

• AppLeSiN
    6 posts

@skrzymir did you play after that? were there any crashes?

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1736 posts

@applesin-er Hi there.

Thanks for posting to this thread! Could you tell us if you're continuing to see these crashes at the moment? Were you able to follow the steps provided in our troubleshooting guide?

Thank you.

Official Response
  • AppLeSiN
    6 posts

@ubi-nacho deleted the game. Not planning instal it back, until positive response from other players about resolving stability problems.

• Ubi-Viral
    2366 posts

@applesin-er Sorry to hear that you have decided to uninstall the game. If you do wish to continue looking into this please do get back in touch.

Thank you.

Suggested Topics