ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• f0rsale
    Original poster 11 posts

As mentioned in the topic title a USB stick didn't appear on the minimap. However, the USB stick was present on-site and I was able to pick it up. The USB in question is the "HitBoy", the one located on the starting island.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2143 posts

Hey there @f0rsale, thanks for reporting this! Could you please let me know what platform you're currently playing on? Are you able to provide screenshots or videos showing this? Please let me know if you have any questions!

Official Response
  • f0rsale
    Original poster 11 posts

@ubi-gizmo

I'm playing on ps5. Unfortunately, I'm not able to provide screenchots or videos. I can, however, add that no other minimap icons (ammo resupply, caches, etc...) were obscuring the usb stick icon.

• Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2143 posts

Hey there @f0rsale, thanks for the update! I'm afraid we haven't received reports of this before. To help me investigate this further I would require an image showing the issue. There are several ways you can directly transfer the images from your PlayStation 5. For example, you could transfer the screenshots to a PC using a flash drive and then send it to us another way, such as through a file-sharing site. 

Should you have further questions regarding this or anything else, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Official Response
  • f0rsale
    Original poster 11 posts

@ubi-gizmo
    I don't have an image or video showing the issue as I said before. I would only be able to get them if I could go back in time and there are no time travel machines where I live.

Jokes aside, I'm not making this issue up, why would I? The question here is why you directing me, the consumer, to investigate this further, when I clearly can't help.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2262 posts

Thanks for coming back to us about this, @f0rsale - my apologies for the frustration over our requests for screenshots. I understand that's not something you're able to provide after the fact.

I've gone ahead and reported this to our teams internally so that we can get this issue of the HitBoy USB stick not showing. I really appreciate your report! Let me know if you run into any further issues at all, and enjoy your time in Yara 😎

Official Response
  • f0rsale
    Original poster 11 posts

@ubi-thrupney
    Hey, thank you. Sorry if I came off as rude, the other reply just left me a bit frustrated.

• Ubi-Thrupney

No, not at all, @f0rsale - we're happy to have feedback on how we offer support. Cheers for posting, and get back in touch anytime 😎

Official Response
  • f0rsale
    Original poster 11 posts

@ubi-thrupney Well, I went to a second location with a USB stick on it, Ocaso Marina (Pulpa de Tamarindo), and the issue in question was present once again. This time, I have a video showcasing it. '>

I'd like to add that this is my second save/playthrough. On the first save the USB icons I mentioned did appear on the minimap.

• Ubi-Thrupney

Thanks for this video, @f0rsale , and for clarifying that this is a second playthrough. I can see that we are continuing to look into this, and I've added your video and further insights to our investigation.

Let me know if you run into any other issues, and thanks again for your reports of this!

Official Response
  • Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2313 posts

Hello @f0rsale, thank you for your patience whilst we looked into this.

Our QA team informed us that the USB sticks icons should not appear on the minimap at all if the player did not acquire the USB map intel first. With this in mind, can we ask, our team wanted to ask you did you purchase the USB map intel from an NPC?

Official Response

Suggested Topics