Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• DutchLMB4ever
    Original poster 156 posts

Sounds like classified gearsets.
    Only we have to level it up to the classified level.
    And instead of just gearsets we can do it with all gear and weapons as well.

I could've sworn I made a suggestion about new classified gear.
    (I can only find the one about talents but I swear I made one about classified sets because after that I came up with the talent idea:
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/103911/talent-upgrades/4?lang=en-US )

It was about putting normal gearsets in the "upgrade section" (in the optimisation station)
    And from there you have to keep upgrading the gearset until all pieces are Maxed rolled.
    The better the gear pieces you put in the faster a piece will be godrolled.
    When the whole build (in the upgrade station) is maxed rolled, you unlock the classified version into the loot pool.
    Now you can farm for (godrolled) pieces to just make the build.

It was something like that...

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• LateNiteDelight
    531 posts

@dutchlmb4ever We already have Classified Gearsets - they're called Chest & Backpack "Amplifications".

I was quite disappointed when I finally got around to finishing Div1 to find out Classified Gearsets were just the same thing as Div2 Gearsets when using the Chest & Backpack, but I had to waste two extra gear slots to get them.

Sure, they were a little more OP compared to Div2 Gearsets [I'm sure a conscious design choice to improve build diversity], but the concept was carried over.

• DutchLMB4ever
    Original poster 156 posts

@latenitedelight
    Did you only read the first sentence?
    I'm not talking about them putting in classified gearsets.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

The whole gearset story after the first 3 sentences in the OP is me remembering a suggestion I made about classified gearsets
    (that I can't find anymore)
    Not that that suggestion matters BUT it sounded similar to what they did with Expertise.
    (That's why I brought it up)

The talent suggestion came after the gearset suggestion and sounded similar also but it was only a small piece of it.
    (The, the more you use it the better it gets thing)
    But if that came after, then where is the gearset suggestion?

- Upgrading pieces in the optimization station.
    (Was in the gearset suggestion)
    - The more you use it the better it gets
    (Was also a thing in the gearset suggestion)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway gear/weapons that gets better damage/armor/skill power.
    Again, to me it sounds like classified gearsets.
    Normal gearset was 1272.
    Classified set was 1402.
    Only now it's not only with gearsets.
    But with normal gear & weapons as well.
    Only we have to level it up (to the classified level).
    Instead of finding the items (in classified form).

• As1r0nimo
    162 posts

It's a paragon level to our gear. The more you use it - the more convinient it becomes for you.
    That thing alone represents 2 moments:

1) Massive decided to add more grind. Instead of a whole new level cap, that will make everything you have worthless, they added a paragon system to our gear, that will add "a bit" to your power, which you will still want and farm for it, while not dismantling your gear into dust.

2) It's a soft nerf to current difficulty level. Basically, we will have a boost for like ~10% for everything, which will make things easier. For PRO players it will be something like "I want to clear Mission X in less than Y minutes". For newbies - a carrot, that will give them something in return (access to difficult content). Since there are a lot of noobs, that can't clear even challenging content, it's a good thing.

The thing I want, is to let Players to decide, what we want to tune on weapons, instead of flat %base. For example, add an ability to spend Expertise in increasing Stability, reload speed, etc.
    As for exotic gear, that bonus could also increase their specific talent. Merciless could get a boost, imo.

• Noxious81
    466 posts
    (...) 1) Massive decided to add more grind. Instead of a whole new level cap, that will make everything you have worthless, they added a paragon system to our gear, that will add "a bit" to your power, which you will still want and farm for it, while not dismantling your gear into dust.

True. Which imho is a very smart decision. Much appreciated!

2) It's a soft nerf to current difficulty level. (...)

Also very true. Thus I'm a bit worried that playing challenging or even heroic difficulty will not be worthwhile anymore for veterans due to too much power. Replaying the same missions and activities has already become pretty stale for a lot of experienced players, making even the hardest difficulties (including the raids) easier thanks to Expertise surely won't help making them more interesting.

(...) For PRO players it will be something like "I want to clear Mission X in less than Y minutes".

I am afraid that alone won't keep veterans interested. Because yes there are some players interested in hardcore speedrunning, but that's a minority. Especially since the Leagues' speedruns have been made easier and speedrunning other content (even Kenly) does not feel really rewarding.

For newbies - a carrot, that will give them something in return (access to difficult content). Since there are a lot of noobs, that can't clear even challenging content, it's a good thing.

Naaaaah... well... New agents shouldn't see tools like Expertise or Optimization as a carrot... or a goal to strive for. Or to put it the other way around: Agents that still struggle completing challenging content have other issues – which can't be solved by optimizing gear or farming Proficiency Levels. So making them believe that they need to optimize their gear and improve their Expertise in order to get along better at challenging difficulty is in my opinion misleading.

The thing I want, is to let Players to decide, what we want to tune on weapons, instead of flat %base. For example, add an ability to spend Expertise in increasing Stability, reload speed, etc.
    As for exotic gear, that bonus could also increase their specific talent. Merciless could get a boost, imo.

Although I also was hoping for Grades to improve for example the three bonuses of Brand Sets, I see that getting into that kind of detail for each Brand, Gear Set, and weapon might be way to complicated. For s lot of players as well as for ingame calculations and probably balance. And since we already boost our Reload Speed and Stability (for example) with our SHD Levels, I am quite ok with the Grades improving "only" base Weapon Damage etc.

• TxDieselKid
    205 posts

I wouldn't mind the addition of true classy sets in Div 2. You wouldn't "have" to run them if you didn't want and could still run whatever bag/vest you wanted. Just would be cool to see how they would make the sets better than they are now, because almost none are what I could call true raid/legendary meta. The FI set is, but past that, I think for those 2 categories, non-gear sets are almost always better.

• An0nymio
    4 posts

@as1r0nimo "not dismantling your gear into dust" :
    With not enough space to keep ... I dont know if other people struggle about inventory (150) & stash space (300) ?
    I want to keep 1 of every gear possible (when I found better one I replace.. etc)
    Ubi should give possibility to expand this space..
    Impatient to see what things gonna be

• Noxious81
    466 posts
    (...) With not enough space to keep ... I dont know if other people struggle about inventory (150) & stash space (300) ?
    I want to keep 1 of every gear possible (when I found better one I replace.. etc) (...)

We most probably won't see another increase in stash and inventory size. There are multiple reasons for that, but one of the most important ones is that inventories would take ages to load if their sizes was bigger, especially on older PCs and the last-gen consoles. To allow fluent switching back and forth between the game and the inventories, they can't grow any further.

I think it anyway is a much better idea to really only keep what's outstanding. Trying to have a "good" item of each Brand, Gear Set, weapon, exotic etc. will most definitely only drive you insane without actually offering a real benefit. Especially as "good" is very hard to specify – what is a good item? A Belstone holster with a bad Armor roll but with Health and Hazard Protection maxed out? Or one with an awful Armor roll but CHC and CHD both maxed out? Which one would you keep?

As I said before: this will most probably drive you insane.

I'd really recommend only holding on to godrolled items or gear with very rare and interesting combinations of talents or attributes. Especially as good gear of any type can be farmed pretty quickly, there really is no need to stuff so many things into our stashes.

Suggested Topics