ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• BerzerkTM
    Original poster 6 posts

Like title suggests, unable to use garage feature for skins.
    Initially I received an error code 0x00000190 whenever I tried to upload a skin, and any time I tried to download a skin from in game clubs, the skin itself would turn full black, and any skin selected after that would also be fully black.
    After trying to get it to work, now any skin that I try to select in my garage does nothing and stays on the regional default skin. It's now possible to go into clubs and download skins, but when swapping skin from the club chosen skin to another in the garage, it again defaults back to the regional skin and selecting it again does nothing. Streamable link below to indicate processes described above.

https://streamable.com/33b8x9: (https://streamable.com/33b8x9)

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2427 posts

Thanks for reaching out to us with this @berzerktm and for attaching a clip!

Were you able to select skins in the garage previously? Do you recall around when this issue started?

And if you haven't done so already, could you please try verifying the game's files and let us know if there's any changes?

Thank you!

Official Response
  • BerzerkTM
    Original poster 6 posts

@ubi-theberry Yes in the past all skins were accessible and selectable, at some point around the summer/royal update it ceased to work as intended, and only recently (last 2 or 3 weeks) has this bug been occuring.
    The game files have been verified a number of times, no changes still unable to select or upload skins from the garage menu, have to still go into clubs, add to garage and use skin from there. Still not possible to switch skins in the garage, and uploading any skin still results in the skin being entirely black.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2427 posts

Thanks for getting back to me and confirming this @berzerktm !

I've passed your report and clip onto the team for them to take a closer look into this.

Should we receive anything back from them or if they need any more information, we'll let you know here so please keep an eye out!

Official Response
  • MrDarrek
    Community Developer 26 posts

Hello @BerzerkTM !

We couldn't reproduce the issue on our side, but we will release a potential fix early in January, and we added some information in case it fails again. Could you come back to us when the next update releases? Thanks!

Darrek

Official Response
  • BerzerkTM
    Original poster 6 posts

@mrdarrek Hi Darrek, you said to come back once the update has gone through, which I've just downloaded. Still receiving error code 0x00000190 when trying to upload a skin, still resetting back to regional default skin whenever I try to select any skin in the garage screen.

The main issue I'm having now is that all skins are entirely black still, and it doesn't matter what skin I select in a club, they always appear as the regional default skin when driving on a map. I have access to no skins apart from the currently active one. Streamable below to show the selection of black skins.
    https://streamable.com/1xt84g: (https://streamable.com/1xt84g)

• MrDarrek

Hello @berzerktm,

The skin are black until they are downloaded. How is you internet connection? Could you try to stay on a black skin for a while and then come back to it? It should appear.

We'll still be looking for the 0x00000190 error. Would you have video showing it? Thanks!

Cheers,
    Darrek

Official Response
  • BerzerkTM
    Original poster 6 posts

@mrdarrek https://streamable.com/frlxtx: (https://streamable.com/frlxtx) here's the error code clip.

Internet connection is totally fine, downloads are turned on for skins, so the black skin thing shouldn't be occuring

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2311 posts

@berzerktm Thank you for your reply and thank you for the video.

I have passed this on to the Development team.

Once there is an update we will reach back out.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • MrDarrek

Hello @berzerktm

You are trying to upload a skin Project and not a finalized skin, that is why you get the error. When you are in the skin editor, please save your skin, not the project.

Cheers,
    Darrek

Official Response
  • Sokol.TM
    9 posts

You guys fixed the wrong thing. List back, all the skins are gray now.
    Please

• Sokol.TM
    9 posts

Dear developers, will there be any answer? Everything has been tried, up to the reinstallation of the game. All skins are gray. What should I do?

• Sokol.TM
    9 posts

I hooked that hat. After clearing the Documents\Trackmania2020\Config folder, the skins are up. Naturally, all settings were reset at the same time.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2313 posts

Thanks for the update Sokol-TM, I'm glad to hear you were able to resolve this issue by clearing up the config folder. I will let our Trackmania QA team know. If you have any further issues, please get back to us in a new thread. Thanks again!

Official Response

Suggested Topics